Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Ever been prophesied over? Did it come to pass?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Ever been prophesied over? Did it come to pass? Da Sheik
If you've been in Pentecostal circles long enough, chances are you have received some type of "prophecy". I do believe there is a genuine gift of the Holy Spirit that, at times, manifests to bring a powerful and perhaps life-changing message to the recipient.

Most of the "words" I have received over the years do not fit into that category. They range from the very generic "yay I say unto thee, I am with thee" variety to the more specific which almost never came to pass.

What has been your experience? I only bring this up because of recent threads about prophecies and such.
Acts Enthusiast
11/29/16 3:22 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
I have, and yes, it came to pass. Acts-pert Poster
11/29/16 3:31 pm

Post diakoneo
Same guy made several prophecies regarding my family.

1 regarding my daughter (that she would receive 2 scholarships) came to pass.

The other regarding my success at a previous church was way off.

Also 2 other prophecies regarding daughters occupation etc were way off.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/29/16 4:53 pm

Post Randy Johnson
We had a "present truth" church in Greensburg, Indiana where I pastored from 1986-1989. My wife attended one time and a man "prophesied" over her. He said he saw her in a sailor's suit (like Shirley Temple in one of her movies) with a lollipop in her hand. My wife asked him what flavor the lollipop was. He told her, "Cherry".

A few months later I was at the same church right after resigning from my church. I attended the evening service and a prophet was speaking. I did not go up to the altar at the end of the service and was on my way out the door when the pastor stopped me and called the weary prophet over and asked him to minister to me.

He spoke some words over me that were recorded on cassette tape. I threw the tape in a box of tapes and forgot about it until about 6 years later when I moved back to my home town from Baltimore, MD. I was going through the box of tapes and found the prophecy. I played it back six years later and discovered that everything the prophet had said had come to pass.
Ickesburg, Pennsylvania
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/29/16 5:55 pm

Post Yes JLarry
A friend was attending a revival of an evangelist (Milton Martin Jr.) who is a friend of mine. I had not seen the Milton for quite some time. He told our mutual friend exactly what I was going on in my church.

He was correct.

Neither nor our mutual friend knew what was going on.

Our friend sent me a tape of the word.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
11/29/16 7:38 pm

Post Still waiting... Mark Ledbetter
2 men, unknown to each other, 75 miles apart, ten years separating said to me:

Quote:
Your latter harvest shall be greater than your former.

Anyone needing revival?
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
11/29/16 8:17 pm

Post Re: Ever been prophesied over? Did it come to pass? Cojak
Da Sheik wrote:

Most of the "words" I have received over the years do not fit into that category. They range from the very generic "yay I say unto thee, I am with thee" variety to the more specific which almost never came to pass.

Thinking back I cannot remember being the subject of a prophet. However one of the leading evangelists in NC a few years back "SPOKE" over my nephew who was a COG pastor with cancer. "YOU WILL LIVE AND NOT DIE, YOU WILL CARRY YOUR TESTIMONY AROUND THE WORLD AND WIN THOUSANDS."
The nephew died in a few weeks.

I am not a skeptic, but when 'God says something' I expect it to come to pass. Simple logic methinks.

Idea
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/29/16 9:12 pm

Post 3 Times 4golf
I was prophesied over three times and two of them came to pass.
11/29/16 9:48 pm

Post Re: Ever been prophesied over? Did it come to pass? Ernie Long
Cojak wrote:
Da Sheik wrote:

Thinking back I cannot remember being the subject of a prophet. However one of the leading evangelists in NC a few years back "SPOKE" over my nephew who was a COG pastor with cancer. "YOU WILL LIVE AND NOT DIE, YOU WILL CARRY YOUR TESTIMONY AROUND THE WORLD AND WIN THOUSANDS."
The nephew died in a few weeks.

I am not a skeptic, but when 'God says something' I expect it to come to pass. Simple logic methinks.

Idea

Cojac, please don't take this wrong, but just you speaking about your nephew here, isn't that keeping your nephew alive? I'm not looking to stretch anything, but what if your nephew's testimony is going around the world today? How many people visit this site everyday without commenting? Just maybe, they are going through a similar battle and need encouraging hearing that your nephew never quit. I would love to hear it.
Acts Enthusiast
11/30/16 9:05 am

Post Re: Yes Link
JLarry wrote:
A friend was attending a revival of an evangelist (Milton Martin Jr.) who is a friend of mine. I had not seen the Milton for quite some time. He told our mutual friend exactly what I was going on in my church.

He was correct.

Neither nor our mutual friend knew what was going on.

Our friend sent me a tape of the word.

I went to his meetings before. He called out the name Martin once. No one camed forward. He said does anyone know a Martin. I had a cousin named Martin (who has since passed away) who lived in another state. I went forward and we recorded what he said. I passed it on to him through the family. His brother and one of his sisters said the word was right on. I vaugely remember it had something to do with people telling him what to do.

I also remember Milton Martin wanting to give a word to someone whose name started with a certain letter of the alphabet. It seemed like he might have been 'trying to hard' at the time. But I don't know. Maybe that meant something to someone.
11/30/16 11:58 am

Post Link
I went to a small meeting in Hawaii once. A man there prophesied over people. He asked me some questions about myself, as if he was a bit timid about giving a word and wanted to make sure. He seemed releaved when I told him I was studying business in graduate school. He said I'd manage hundreds of millions of dollars, managing something like a Christian United Way. It hasn't happened yet. If it happens, at least you read it before it happened if you didn't hear the prophecy.

He had told one woman the money she needed for her trip would come on Friday. I asked one of her friends and he said it happened. He told me after the man prophesied over me that his words came to pass. The guy came up to me after the 100's of millions of dollars prophecy. I wondered if he wanted to know me because he thought I might have some money (some day.) He didn't prophesy that i'd get to keep any of it, anyway.

I can't say that's confirmation, but I have thought of starting groups to invest in microbusinesses to help fund tentmakers and persecuted believers and other people.

I went to a meeting in someone's house where an elderly fellow from somewhere up in KY or TN was ministering. He prophesied over a friend of mine that he'd be a millionaire.
11/30/16 12:04 pm

Post Link
I can think of a lot of prophecies and words of knowledge that made manifest the secrets of someone's heart, where one person knew supernaturally details about the other person.... stuff like that. I've also witnessed going to one place, getting a prophecy, and going elsewhere and someone else prophesies about the same thing. Paul apparently experienced that about bonds that awaited him in Jerusalem. It's harder for me to think of prophecies of the future that were fulfilled, though I think there have been some. My wife has been saying since the primaries that the Lord told her Trump would be president. Same with Obama since it was him and Hillary in the first election.

Two people prophesied over me and told me that the Lord had brought me to Indonesia on my first stay there, shortly after I arrived. One said it was to become a minister of the Gospel. And I did start preaching in Indonesia.

Before I got married, someone at church said she'd seen a vision of the woman I would marry. Later, she saw my wife and said she didn't look like the woman in the vision. The weird thing is, she seemed to have hit the nail on the head with another vision and certain other things. That's probably the biggest thing that was almost like a prophecy that seemed off based that had something to do with my own life.

I was praying about getting married, and I'd finally prayed through and planned to buy a ring on a certain day. I had someone picked out to go look at the ring with me. My wife had come back from a missions trip. After I picked her up at the train station which had connection from the boat ride from Borneo, we eventually went to a 'youth' service which was actually for young adults. An American 'evangelist' who prophesied was there (possibly more of a prophet and/or teacher in gifting than an evangelist.) At the end of the service, he called us both up and prophesied over us various things including that we'd go to many places and minister to many people. That much of it has already been fulfilled to some degree. It implied we'd be together for a long time, so it was a confirmation for me. But the issue was settled for me that I was going to marry her whether I'd heard that prophecy or not. I would have loved to have gotten it while I was making the decision.
11/30/16 12:09 pm

Post sheepdogandy
A black Baptist (at the time, now non-denominational) pastor prophisied over me in his office prior to a service I was about to preach at his (Baptist) church.

He said I would have a great international ministry.

That was several years ago.

Hasn't happened yet. Shocked

www.spwc.church
11/30/16 3:00 pm

Post Link
sheepdogandy wrote:
A black Baptist (at the time, now non-denominational) pastor prophisied over me in his office prior to a service I was about to preach at his (Baptist) church.

Have you pursued it?

Have you, by the prophecies, fought a good warfare?
11/30/16 9:29 pm

Post Ventureforth
I've been prophesied over a few times and I wished I would have recorded them because I only have sketchy remembrances of them. There a few that were short and I remember them quite well.
But much of what I do remember has come true to a degree. I seem to recall some of them being conditional. And perhaps that explains some of the prophesies that don't come to fruition.
Question: Do you think one who prophesies but gets it wrong at least once, can still be a valid prophet?
Acts-celerater
12/1/16 4:22 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Link wrote:
sheepdogandy wrote:

Have you pursued it?

Have you, by the prophecies, fought a good warfare?

Yeah, I have. Very Happy

www.spwc.church
12/1/16 4:47 pm

Post To my son and his wife JLarry
Milton Martin prophesied to my son and his wife.

He told them they would be used in a great way in our ministry. Less than a year later they divorced. I said well he missed that one.

Our son moved to another part of the state and remarried. They were married for 16 years and divorced. He went online and found his first wife who was in the process of a divorce. March will be 6 or 7 years ago I remarried he and his first wife.

They are not involved in ministry, but it is not over yet.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
12/2/16 8:48 am

Post Da Sheik
I wonder how many of these prophecies become self-fulfilling. Like others have shared, my experience has been hit-and-miss (more miss than hit) when it comes to personal prophecies. There are times when I have seen individuals receive prophecies that seemed so far out of line with the trajectory they were on. And then they went about doing everything they could to make it come to pass. Acts Enthusiast
12/2/16 11:33 am

Post diakoneo
Ventureforth wrote:
I've been prophesied over a few times and I wished I would have recorded them because I only have sketchy remembrances of them. There a few that were short and I remember them quite well.
But much of what I do remember has come true to a degree. I seem to recall some of them being conditional. And perhaps that explains some of the prophesies that don't come to fruition.
Question: Do you think one who prophesies but gets it wrong at least once, can still be a valid prophet?

1Co 14:29  Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge. 

Judge: To compare facts or ideas, and perceive their agreement or disagreement, and thus to distinguish truth from falsehood.

Wonder if perhaps we are misinterpreting things things that the one who holds the office of a prophet is supposed to be doing? Is everything about prediction with these folks? As I recall there was one prediction made (after Christ ascended) by a prophet and that was related to a dearth or coming famine. Having knowledge of this the church moved to prepare.

It seems that we ask a lot for our own pleasure and entertainment from some of these so called prophets. And asking we get exactly what we ask for...
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/2/16 12:03 pm

Post I believe in personal prophecy, but roughridercog
Much of what I have seen, heard, and experienced falls into the realm of spiritual manipulation, telling people what they want to hear, or an attempt to build up the "prophet" in the eyes of the hearer.
Now, more than ever, we need discernment of the Holy Spirit active in our lives and ministry.
12/2/16 12:09 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.