Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Entering the throne room of God...what does that mean?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Entering the throne room of God...what does that mean? caseyleejones
I was at a service recently and I will admit it was fairly intense and people were heavily engaged in it emotionally.

I heard people say that we entered the throne room of God that morning. When I asked what they meant by that, the reply I got was ..the fire and heat of the Holy Spirit was upon people. When I further inquired about that, I get OT references and how the glory of the Lord fell. I don't see being ushered into the throne room with ministries like Andy Stanley or Ed Young or those churches in our area that are impacting their community by engaging them relationally or missionally. Nor do I see that in the NT. If it is, please point it out. By the way, I have done multiple searches and attempting to find something or anything remotely close.

If it is legit, why are those churches that are making the biggest impact in our area not experiencing it?

Secondly, something along the same lines. "The Holy Spirit was thick this morning or the Holy Spirit fell". Again, is that a NT concept?

Thanks
Acts-perienced Poster
3/26/17 4:50 pm

Post Cojak
CaseyL, You have a legit question here methinks. I have at times heard things that did not set 'right' with me, but think the person just didn't know how to express their feelings with out dropping back to the 'Holy happenings' in the OT.

I was once in a 4SQ church and the evangelist kept urging everyone to come down front 'WHERE THE HOLY GHOST IS'.
Embarassed

However I don't know Ed, but you could get some real Kick back with Andy, since he 'Ain't doing things right anyway,' according to some I have heard! Shocked

To clarify I have only heard Andy a few times, but agreed with what ti Heard! Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/26/17 5:04 pm

Post Charles Page
I know what a throne room is in Tennessee
3/26/17 6:01 pm

Post Thanks Cojak.... caseyleejones
Cojak wrote:
CaseyL, You have a legit question here methinks. I have at times heard things that did not set 'right' with me, but think the person just didn't know how to express their feelings with out dropping back to the 'Holy happenings' in the OT.

I was once in a 4SQ church and the evangelist kept urging everyone to come down front 'WHERE THE HOLY GHOST IS'.
Embarassed

However I don't know Ed, but you could get some real Kick back with Andy, since he 'Ain't doing things right anyway,' according to some I have heard! Shocked

To clarify I have only heard Andy a few times, but agreed with what ti Heard! Smile

I am just attempting to understand some of this.
Acts-perienced Poster
3/26/17 6:16 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
"Seated with Him in heavenly places" is what Paul said was true of New Covenant believers, being continually filled with the Spirit of God, as on the Day of Pentecost. Hebrews tell us to come boldly to the throne of grace. That sounds a whole lot like the glory of God manifested in the Old Covenant. Ministries that do not emphasize the Spirit-filled life are not in agreement with the New Testament teaching on Christian living. They may do lots of activities, which are all well and good, but what does the Bible reveal concerning church body life in the Spirit? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/26/17 6:53 pm

Post Da Sheik
I think it's just a way for people to describe what they perceive to be a particularly worshipful service. Many people view "worship" through an Old Testament lens. They gather in a "temple" (the church facility) and "call the fire down" through praise & prayer.

Having said that, the book of Hebrews makes many references to Christ as High Priest. So in my mind, any time I approach God in sincere prayer I am coming "before the throne of grace" to obtain help and mercy.
Acts Enthusiast
3/27/17 11:21 am

Post Dynamic of corporate assembly and worship bonnie knox
There must be something to corporate assembly since Hebrews admonishes believers not to forsake it.
Also, in Acts 4:31, there is a reference to the place where they were assembled together being "shaken."
Perhaps the reference to "throne room" is an attempt to describe that dynamic?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/27/17 11:27 am

Post Re: Dynamic of corporate assembly and worship Da Sheik
bonnie knox wrote:
There must be something to corporate assembly since Hebrews admonishes believers not to forsake it.
Also, in Acts 4:31, there is a reference to the place where they were assembled together being "shaken."
Perhaps the reference to "throne room" is an attempt to describe that dynamic?

Agreed Thumb Up
Acts Enthusiast
3/27/17 11:29 am

Post Link
Some Christians believe it is the role of the worship leader (by which they mean song leader not prostration leader) lead people, in some kind of spiritual sense, into the Holy of Holies.

The Bible does say we can come boldly before the throne of grace. It doesn't say we have to experience an intense time of praise and worship first.
3/27/17 10:58 pm

Post bradfreeman
Heb 4:14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. 16 Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

In the context of Hebrews 4, the writer is urging Hebrews to confidently approach the "throne of grace", knowing their weaknesses and temptations are understood and sympathized with by the One who sits on the right hand of this throne (Heb 8:1; 12:2).

In this context, it seems its an approach of the mind or heart, a direction of the intentions or affections of the heart toward God with confidence that He understands and is for us.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
3/28/17 6:56 am

Post very good Brad spartanfan
bradfreeman wrote:
Heb 4:14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. 16 Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

In the context of Hebrews 4, the writer is urging Hebrews to confidently approach the "throne of grace", knowing their weaknesses and temptations are understood and sympathized with by the One who sits on the right hand of this throne (Heb 8:1; 12:2).

In this context, it seems its an approach of the mind or heart, a direction of the intentions or affections of the heart toward God with confidence that He understands and is for us.

Most people start by saying "I seldom agree with Brad" or "I don't usually like what Brad posts" but I'll say it this way....... that is very good, Brad!
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
3/28/17 10:46 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Is there a portal or some secret entrance to this throne room? If so, where?

I member rockin rod parsley an anonymous source stone saying they was one a them portals just out from Cleveland. But I never could find it. Looked all up and down Ocoee street an even went over to Keith street, but alas, no portal.
Acts-pert Poster
3/28/17 11:55 am

Post Charles Page
It is in the T. L. Lowery abandoned fortress in Cleveland - up for sale
3/28/17 12:15 pm

Post I think of it as... roughridercog
Coming boldly before the throne of grace
3/29/17 1:04 pm

Post Re: Entering the throne room of God...what does that mean? Old Time Country Preacher
caseyleejones wrote:
I was at a service recently and I will admit it was fairly intense and people were heavily engaged in it emotionally.

Casey, the descriptives in your query are much like your own assessment above.

What does it mean for a worship service to be:

fairly intense?

heavily engaged emotionally?
Acts-pert Poster
3/29/17 1:18 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
"Entering into the throne room of God" means entering into His presence. It is a charismatic term that some Pentecostals use also. I'm sure we've all been in those services where it felt like we were enveloped in His presence...and not always a shouting service. I remember a revival service where Diane Collins was ministering, and the presence of God was so strong, I didn't want to move or do anything to disrupt the awesomeness of His presence. It was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop, but it was a holy hush.

I think this doesn't happen in some churches because He is not welcome in that way. The Holy Spirit comes when people are hungry for Him and seeking Him and where He is welcome.

I have described it in my class before by saying that God is omniscient, so He is always with us. But there are times when we are more aware of His presence. If I'm standing next to you, you know I'm there. If I invade your personal space, you are more aware I'm there. But if I stick my face directly in front of yours (illustrating this with someone), you are intensely aware of my presence. So it is when God's presence envelopes us.

No portals needed.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/1/17 3:29 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic