Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Riding for the Brand

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Riding for the Brand Cojak
If you are a western book fan you know Louis L'Amour. He wrote a book once on loyalty. The book was called, 'Riding for the Brand'. I understand that was a statement for those loyal to the ranch/rancher for whom they worked. There is nothing wrong with being loyal, mostly it is good. This Forum has lately had a few posts and lots of comments on a pastor, who some/maybe a lot of us think went 'rogue' and should have continued to ride for the brand. After all the brand had given him national exposure.

BUT there is a lot to say about us folk who ride for the brand, even if we disagree with the policies from above.

But for the cowboy/pastor who cannot 'morally' or 'mentally' follow what he thinks he is asked to follow blindly, decides to ride out; I can admire. if he takes his 'blanket roll and personal belongings, and rides off without 'shooting at the one he worked for', or tries to get his peers to leave with him.

Over my many years associated the the COG I have watched, with regret most of the time, when someone just rode off. Some I have respected, others I lost all respect. It is always the 'situation' or demand of the BRAND, and the minister's reaction. I have no doubt that the 'demands' are more than some minsters can stomach.

When at all possible, I prefer to ride for the brand, BUT there are EXCEPTIONS! Cool I hope the latest cowboy who rode off is the exception! Smile

Last edited by Cojak on 3/25/17 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/24/17 11:53 pm

Post bonnie knox
Cojak, you have a gift with analogies (but you should not spell rogue as rouge, lest we think of face makeup).
Good post, one easy to understand.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/25/17 7:13 am

Post Cojak
bonnie knox wrote:
Cojak, you have a gift with analogies (but you should not spell rogue as rouge, lest we think of face makeup).
Good post, one easy to understand.

Thanks Bonnie. I had that right until the Russians hacked Acts and changed it! Embarassed Smile Smile Smile Smile

Thanks! Cool
3/25/17 3:56 pm

Post c6thplayer1
We had a pastor in the COG that moved and made a mistake at his other church concerning confidentiality. He lost his license. Later he started another church that became a door buster , because he was a great preacher.

After several months they were building a very large church and had attendance of over 900. Miraculously the COG decided to give him his license back and wanted that church in the organization. Probably had great potential for big TOT. He went back to the organization. Thats brand loyalty. Today he is doing even better. Because he is a great preacher.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/25/17 4:17 pm

Post Cojak
c6thplayer1 wrote:
We had a pastor in the COG that moved and made a mistake at his other church concerning confidentiality. He lost his license. Later he started another church that became a door buster , because he was a great preacher.

After several months they were building a very large church and had attendance of over 900. Miraculously the COG decided to give him his license back and wanted that church in the organization. Probably had great potential for big TOT. He went back to the organization. Thats brand loyalty. Today he is doing even better. Because he is a great preacher.

That Preacher 'thang' has a lot to do with it!!!
3/25/17 9:04 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic