Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Special Message from Tim Hill (V)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Special Message from Tim Hill (V) Pastor Wright
https://vimeo.com/209478127

When I saw that Tim Hill would be giving a special message last night, I was assuming it would be some sort of announcement.

What are your thoughts on what he said?
3/22/17 10:21 am

Post Amazingly strong Video Revised
Pastoral, honest and focused. So appreciative of a leader willing to talk about such an issue as church systems and structure like he did. Hey, DOC
3/22/17 10:38 am

Post Bro Bob
There was an email from Brother Wallace to his staff (???) reported here where Bro Wallace stated something about the "system" being the obstacle to a continued relationship. I recall it being stated that 'system' was in bold type.

If this is the same video I watched, which was shared on FB by Stan Holder, Bro Hill talks quite a bit about the system. I found Bro Hill's comments to be accurate and understandable.

If the system is what we have agreed together would be the mechanics of the government of the COG, then what it produces belongs to us, good or bad. If some men in leadership do things outside the system, and the system doesn't hold them to account, then that is a failure of both the man, and the system.

Some things we know are wrong to do when we are doing them. Although the system should be prepared for such and provide a workable method to deal with it, no system is to blame for any wrong act of any individual.
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
3/22/17 10:46 am

Post Re: Special Message from Tim Hill (V) Cojak
Pastor Wright wrote:
https://vimeo.com/209478127

When I saw that Tim Hill would be giving a special message last night, I was assuming it would be some sort of announcement.

What are your thoughts on what he said?

Very well spoken. First of all I was able to hear and UNDERSTAND him. Seems very wise. But we ALL know about the SYSTEM and it can be defined (for each of us for us). The system is the 'Ruling Class' or LEVEL.

NBF stated it simply in another post comment, and as the GO said in clear and concise wording A SYSTEM exists in every walk of life.

We learn to live with it, from childhood to adulthood. Some fight the system and win, but SOON become part of the system.

As a youngster in a Cotton Mill town I saw a young insurance salesman run for mayor and win. For the first time in the history of that town someone OUTSIDE the system 'bucked the System' and WON. It wasn't long until he was sucked into the system, backed by the very folk he 'fought', he was elected to the State Congress. It wasn't long until he was part and parcel of the SYSTEM. YEP there is always a system and it usually wins. Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/22/17 10:55 am

Post Bro Bob
I would also like to mention an observation of my own.

In that video we hear Bro Hill refer to his calling at age 17. Bro Wallace often refers to his calling, I think also at 17.

I will, on occasion, ask a minister to tell me about the detail of when he knew he was called. I know my dad's story. I know a few others.

Now I ask all you ministers, what was YOUR calling? What work do you think God expected you to do?

I am willing to bet it is the work you began to do when you answered that call.

If someone then had offered you a job selling life insurance, car salesman, delivering packages for UPS, building tires at the Goodyear factory... you would not have even considered it.

Why not?

So why then is it so easy to stop doing what you began doing and become a State Overseer, or some job at headquarters?

Some of our very best at doing exactly what they were called to do, have stopped doing it.

Now if you turn this around on me, and ask me, "Then how should we fill these jobs that are necessary?", I am afraid I will have to answer, "I don't know."

But I do know men that have politely refused their "opportunity" because they were of a mind to stay with their calling. (Knowing another chance will not be likely to come.)
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
3/22/17 11:03 am

Post Cojak
Bro Bob wrote:

But I do know men that have politely refused their "opportunity" because they were of a mind to stay with their calling. (Knowing another chance will not be likely to come.)

Very well put comment BB. We have also had men return to their 'heart's call' after a detour in administration.

along the same line. I think the founders of this country did not foresee 'professional Politicians'. I think as a whole they saw men/women take a detour into politics for a few months than back to their 'occupations or trades'.

We have produced professional Administrators and justified the same. Good, bad or indifferent the 'System' has produced this.

I remember growing up seeing boys daddy's going out to be overseers, then returning to pastor. We were just PK's.
3/22/17 1:07 pm

Post The COG Apostle
Perfect video by the General Overseer. We used to call those who ran the system the "Golf Cart Mafia." They may be gone now. Acts-celerater
3/22/17 3:09 pm

Post Cojak
The COG Apostle wrote:
Perfect video by the General Overseer. We used to call those who ran the system the "Golf Cart Mafia." They may be gone now.

One can always hope, But it is basically impossible to eliminate all signs of PREFERENTIAL treatment in a local or national church or businesses. Cool
3/22/17 4:19 pm

Post drmrc
A very good word from Tim Hill.

Mike Chapman
Friendly Face
3/22/17 4:35 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
It seemed basically to be a pooh-poohing of the whole idea of a "system," and so, in effect, a dismissing of one of the primary reasons Kevin Wallace gave for his choice to separate from the CoG. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/22/17 5:04 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
It seemed basically to be a pooh-poohing of the whole idea of a "system," and so, in effect, a dismissing of one of the primary reasons Kevin Wallace gave for his choice to separate from the CoG.

I haven't seen the whole video but did skim through the written version. I was kind of surprised to see the comments about the "system" & wondered how many people were aware of the connection with KW's comments.

Interesting.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/23/17 10:35 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Cojak wrote:
Bro Bob wrote:

Very well put comment BB. We have also had men return to their 'heart's call' after a detour in administration.

along the same line. I think the founders of this country did not foresee 'professional Politicians'. I think as a whole they saw men/women take a detour into politics for a few months than back to their 'occupations or trades'.

We have produced professional Administrators and justified the same. Good, bad or indifferent the 'System' has produced this.

I remember growing up seeing boys daddy's going out to be overseers, then returning to pastor. We were just PK's.

I think some ministers that go into administration/leadership positions are still following the call of God on their lives. Some people are gifted to lead, organize, and administrate as well as preach. Isn't administration (along with helps and others) one of the giftings spoken of in 1 Corinthians 12?

IMHO, it's important to have godly, wise ministers in leadership positions who have the experience to guide others and make administrative decisions and suggestions. I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing. I also think that sometimes the purpose of our calling can be diverse during different seasons in our lives. If a person is truly called, he will not be able to get away from that calling no matter what he's doing.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/23/17 10:45 pm

Post Pastor Wright
Carolyn Smith wrote:
I also think that sometimes the purpose of our calling can be diverse during different seasons in our lives.

This is true and a very important statement.
3/24/17 8:47 am

Post transcript (L) bonnie knox
Thanks, Carolyn, for mentioning the written version. I like having it written out--then I can go through at my own pace and also review more easily.
Here is the link:
http://www.faithnews.cc/?p=24502
I, too, was listening to this in context of the comment that Kevin Wallace was reported to have made:
"We feel God is separating us and the thing He has called us to do from the system that in many ways has come to define our denomination."
Of course, in listening in this context, I kept asking myself what Tim Hill was TRYING to say without actually saying it. He belabored a point about a human body having a skeletal system which he referred to as "structure" and then other systems which he referred to as "systems." I kept waiting for him to close this analogy, but it never seemed to be completed.
When Tim Hill makes the somewhat shocking comparison that one doesn't amputate an arm to correct a fracture, it seems plain enough a suggestion that if one has problems with the COG, it is preferable to try to correct the problem rather that "amputate" the denomination. But for the most part, the talk is a testimony to the title that "system" as he sees it is an ambiguous term. I think a better approach is to define "system" as it relates to the Church of God. A system in an organization is "a set of principles or procedures according to which something is done." Bro Bob makes a good point, I think.
Quote:
If the system is what we have agreed together would be the mechanics of the government of the COG, then what it produces belongs to us, good or bad. If some men in leadership do things outside the system, and the system doesn't hold them to account, then that is a failure of both the man, and the system.

Some things we know are wrong to do when we are doing them. Although the system should be prepared for such and provide a workable method to deal with it, no system is to blame for any wrong act of any individual.

Questions to ask about the Church of God system:
What principles define us?
What procedures best implement those principles?
When someone in our denomination subverts those principles, what is a "workable method to deal with it"?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/25/17 7:59 am

Post georgiapath
That's why I say there is more to it. They both could have said in two minutes what they said, instead both took several minutes to spin it.

I guess it comes down to, which story do you believe.
Acts-dicted
3/25/17 8:50 am

Post Tim Hill Video was a Defining Opportunity and Recaptured the Conversation Revised
In one video the General Overseer "pastored" the Church of God and recaptured the conversation. Do one doubts the
whole thing was likely prompted by the earlier remarks made about "systems' in KW's own video. That doesn't take rocket science. He said it with
analogy yet precision. He said what everyone knows and it was good to hear a leader admit it. Systems exist, but they exist
everywhere. Someone had to say something. Someone had to show a steady hand and strong leadership. Bishop Hill did that. He took his time, yes.
But it was full of heart, passion and strength, and it must have been necessarily so.
Hey, DOC
3/26/17 8:33 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic