Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What was "The Shack?"

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post What was "The Shack?" doyle
Somebody complained that it has been deleted. What is it?
3/23/17 8:38 pm

Post Re: What was "The Shack?" Carolyn Smith
doyle wrote:
Somebody complained that it has been deleted. What is it?

"The Shack" is a movie that just came out that is getting a lot of attention in Christian circles. Information has been posted here re: some ideas presented that many consider heresy. Things like, you'll go to heaven no matter how you live. Do a search here or online...I'm sure you can find the info regarding it. Some here have posted rave reviews while others are troubled at its implications.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/23/17 10:03 pm

Post This is not all of it, but quite a bit of it (cached) (L) bonnie knox
p. 1
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:o9C6LT93gwoJ:www.actscelerate.com/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D86921%26sid%3Da50e3360d5d47fd3ec3769be440871ad+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

p. 2
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:PDvsfER6BDoJ:www.actscelerate.com/viewtopic.php%3Fp%3D756783%26sid%3D382d6ad4a3a7be35cc5344710a936078+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

p.3
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:MW-FEd3kVSsJ:www.actscelerate.com/viewtopic.php%3Fp%3D757006%26sid%3Da50e3360d5d47fd3ec3769be440871ad+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/23/17 10:49 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Tom Sterbens liked the Shack - as it was a dream - that did draw the subject closer to Christ. It was not a theological dissertation at a seminary. But some minds thought it was heresy. Tom disagreed.

Tom left shortly thereafter - probably to retreat to a SHACK - with no access to actscelerate.

Not sure if they are related - but the timing says they were. He got tired of casting his pearls before ___________.

(Tom was right about the Shack - it was moving - and God spoke to the protagonist in that way)

What way DOES God talk to folks?

As an Angel of the Lord?
A burning bush?
Cloven tongues as a fire?
A DONKEY? (If so - Acts has it covered - lots of those still here - couldn't resist)
A lady in a shack?
3/24/17 2:35 pm

Post UncleJD
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

What way DOES God talk to folks?

As an Angel of the Lord?
A burning bush?
Cloven tongues as a fire?
A DONKEY? (If so - Acts has it covered - lots of those still here - couldn't resist)
A lady in a shack?

The Bible? (just throwing that against the wall to see if it sticks)

BTW, I didn't agree with Tom about The Shack, but we can certainly disagree and not be disagreeable. I don't think its worth losing our sanctification to prove a theological position, it kinda defeats the purpose.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/25/17 9:37 pm

Post UncleJD
My daughter attended an internationally recognized Bible school until last semester. She just told me tonight that she'd gone out with a couple of friends who still attend. Last week the school invited the author of The Shack to speak. She asked them what they thought about it, no leading opinion or anything, she just wanted their feel of it. These are young 21 year-old students. They told her that they were shocked when he said the sh... word twice from the pulpit, and left the distinct impression that he did not believe in a literal Hell. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/29/17 10:35 pm

Post Cojak
UncleJD wrote:
My daughter attended an internationally recognized Bible school until last semester. She just told me tonight that she'd gone out with a couple of friends who still attend. Last week the school invited the author of The Shack to speak. She asked them what they thought about it, no leading opinion or anything, she just wanted their feel of it. These are young 21 year-old students. They told her that they were shocked when he said the sh... word twice from the pulpit, and left the distinct impression that he did not believe in a literal Hell.

Shoulda used Dung or Manure! Very Happy Very Happy

My opinion of language from the pulpit: It will be changing drastically in the next 15-20 years, where more slang will be spouted. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/30/17 10:07 am

Post UncleJD
Cojak wrote:

My opinion of language from the pulpit: It will be changing drastically in the next 15-20 years, where more slang will be spouted. Embarassed

It reveals one's respect for Holy things. My biggest concern is the position on a literal Hell. It clearly informed the narrative of "The Shack"
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/30/17 12:50 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic