Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate
Browse by what's: hot | new | rising | top of the week

The Curse of Leaving

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post The Curse of Leaving Pastor Wright
I've known several pastors who have left the COG or left the ministry altogether. Those pastors have later lamented that, especially in the COG, those people they considered friends (even close friends) either didn't have time for them anymore, totally cut off communication, or even turned on them in anger after they left.

And these were small church pastors.

Imagine the scale of what Kevin Wallace is experiencing today.

God bless our brother. Keep his faith strong. Heal his wounds. Continue to bless his life with your anointing.

Last edited by Pastor Wright on 3/23/17 2:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hey, DOC
3/20/17 8:45 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
It seems to me that, by far, the responses to Kevin leaving the CoG have expressed much sadness over it. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/20/17 9:10 am

Post Pastor Wright
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
It seems to me that, by far, the responses to Kevin leaving the CoG have expressed much sadness over it.

I didn't mean to insinuate this, but now realize what the original post sounded like. I've edited it to, hopefully, sound a little better.
3/20/17 11:13 am

Post Cojak
Actually it is a normal reaction and not hate, dislike or being mean. It is human nature. There are many things that are no longer in common. In the business world it is the same. It is assumed the one leaving has greener pastures or OTHER friends he/she prefers to YOU. YOu no longer run in the same circles or attend the same Services, Camp Meetings, etc.

But the ones who were 'actual friends' stick with you. I had MANY friends who still talked to me and called. (BUT I really did not care except for the one or two who were actually FRIENDS not just thru church) Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/21/17 11:50 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Cojak wrote:
Actually it is a normal reaction and not hate, dislike or being mean. It is human nature. There are many things that are no longer in common. In the business world it is the same. It is assumed the one leaving has greener pastures or OTHER friends he/she prefers to YOU. YOu no longer run in the same circles or attend the same Services, Camp Meetings, etc.

But the ones who were 'actual friends' stick with you. I had MANY friends who still talked to me and called. (BUT I really did not care except for the one or two who were actually FRIENDS not just thru church) Cool

I think it's a little deeper than that, Cojak. Some people seem to have the feeling that because you "went independent" you are declaring yourself better than them or that you're rejected them. So they respond by rejecting you, and a lot of times ministers who have left find themselves with their friend circle greatly reduced. Your real friends will stick with you, but from what I've read and seen, it's not unusual to be treated like an outcast once you've left the "club" of fellow ministers. Talk to some here that have done that...
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/22/17 6:00 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
You can be in the COG all your life and never be "in the club".
In fact, every job is like that.
3/22/17 7:10 am

Post Cojak
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
You can be in the COG all your life and never be "in the club".
In fact, every job is like that.

True my friend, ... Cool
3/22/17 9:45 am

Post Cojak
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Cojak wrote:

I think it's a little deeper than that, Cojak. Some people seem to have the feeling that because you "went independent" you are declaring yourself better than them or that you're rejected them. So they respond by rejecting you, and a lot of times ministers who have left find themselves with their friend circle greatly reduced. Your real friends will stick with you, but from what I've read and seen, it's not unusual to be treated like an outcast once you've left the "club" of fellow ministers. Talk to some here that have done that...

Of course in many cases you are right. But every LEAVING has a different story. Some folk leave FIGHTING a denomination that others have given their lives to. Some folk leave because of immorality and denying the same or finding justification. We have high profile examples like EP jr. that mostly the older folk remember.

There is no 'one size fits all'. I was only stating my experience in leaving the COG. I am now a member in 'ABOUT good standing' (LOL) with no desire for credentials. Stories are generated in EVERY case, many completely WRONG as to reasons. JMHO Smile
3/22/17 10:03 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic