Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Kevin Wallace talks to his church Wed night (L)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post clevelandgrad
Mr. Wallace,
At the Winterfest service you said more than once, "we are family, right?" What exactly did that mean? Sounds like what many kids in our country hear today, "daddy loves you," "daddy will never leave you," and then daddy leaves.....?

Best of luck to you Sir!

Church of God family:
It's time to move on. Let the prodigal son go and do what he needs to do but let's keep a light on for him. We still have work to do and the harvest is ripe.
3/20/17 7:46 am

Post Pastor Wright
clevelandgrad wrote:
Mr. Wallace,
At the Winterfest service you said more than once, "we are family, right?"

The family of God is bigger than just our denomination, my friend.

Also, I'm sure all of the other speakers, singers, etc. at Winterfest held Church of God credentials, right?
3/20/17 8:24 am

Post clevelandgrad
Mr. Pastor Wright,
I don't disagree with your statement regarding our family being bigger than our denomination but, pretty hypocritical don't you think to take advantage of "the largest stage in the CoG" and then let it out that you are leaving the next day.
If the CoG knew this before they let him on the stage, then shame on them and shame on Mr. Wallace for going on stage knowing he was going to do this.
Best of luck in the "big leagues."
3/20/17 10:06 am

Post Don't make assumptions (hypocritical) spartanfan
clevelandgrad wrote:
Mr. Pastor Wright,
I don't disagree with your statement regarding our family being bigger than our denomination but, pretty hypocritical don't you think to take advantage of "the largest stage in the CoG" and then let it out that you are leaving the next day.
If the CoG knew this before they let him on the stage, then shame on them and shame on Mr. Wallace for going on stage knowing he was going to do this.

Don't make assumptions bout the Winterfest event. The CoG leaders knew Monday and Tuesday but had him preach anyways (after he volunteered to drop out). That was much better for the kids (did not disrupt the program) and I think everyone involved wanted to take care of the kids (as opposed to being overly concerned about the adults). So kudos to the CoG leaders and to Kevin. The kids still had a great weekend without disruption. The adults were being adults about it Smile
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
3/20/17 11:14 am

Post Pastor Wright
clevelandgrad wrote:
Mr. Pastor Wright,

I don't see it as hypocritical being that he offered to step down and the leadership of the COG, including the GO himself, asked him to still speak. Again, I would say: How many other speakers at Winterfest hold COG credentials? Not many.
3/20/17 11:17 am

Post Re: Don't make assumptions (hypocritical) clevelandgrad
spartanfan wrote:
clevelandgrad wrote:
Mr. Pastor Wright,

Don't make assumptions bout the Winterfest event. The CoG leaders knew Monday and Tuesday but had him preach anyways (after he volunteered to drop out). That was much better for the kids (did not disrupt the program) and I think everyone involved wanted to take care of the kids (as opposed to being overly concerned about the adults). So kudos to the CoG leaders and to Kevin. The kids still had a great weekend without disruption. The adults were being adults about it Smile

Mr. spartanfan,
Perception is reality. Regardless of who knew what when, Mr. Wallace should not have been permitted to go on stage. The reason being because of everything you are seeing posted on this site and facebook. As a Pastor, I would rather there been a facebook post by our leaders telling us why they chose not to let him on stage.
3/20/17 11:27 am

Post Re: Much ado about nothing... georgiapath
spartanfan wrote:
Very vague.... gave no indication as to why he had to leave the CoG in order to pursue what he feels God wants him to do. Nothing like : "If I remained in a denomination I could not........". Another 6 times his size years ago did similar things to what he is planning and yet remained in the CoG (PLW). Still makes no sense - no real answers. Only thing interesting is that he is going to have a "Board of Overseers" and "Board of Directors or Trustees" to provide almost identical accountability he had in the CoG. So what does that accomplish - he already had that? No answers. My guess is that it is still primarily a "financial deal" to where his massive donor(s) want assurances that he is not going to get elected to a denominational position (which he would have) and jump ship - leaving their huge financial investments in the hands of someone they don't know or trust. In order to get the mega millions needed for the Ministry School to rival Lee he had to be "locked in" to the oversight of the Highland/Tennessee Temple properties for the long haul. That's just my "guess" and since we don't really know the reason(s) - it's just fun (and okay) to guess Smile

If it were the donors, looks like he would have left the cog before they paid off the huge debt on the bldg. in Ooltewah. He might have been able to keep the bldg., Cleveland might not have wanted to assume the debt. I wonder if that was discussed , did he know he was going to lose the bldg?
Acts-dicted
3/21/17 1:15 pm

Post Re: Much ado about nothing... spartanfan
georgiapath wrote:
spartanfan wrote:
Very vague.... gave no indication as to why he had to leave the CoG in order to pursue what he feels God wants him to do. Nothing like : "If I remained in a denomination I could not........". Another 6 times his size years ago did similar things to what he is planning and yet remained in the CoG (PLW). Still makes no sense - no real answers. Only thing interesting is that he is going to have a "Board of Overseers" and "Board of Directors or Trustees" to provide almost identical accountability he had in the CoG. So what does that accomplish - he already had that? No answers. My guess is that it is still primarily a "financial deal" to where his massive donor(s) want assurances that he is not going to get elected to a denominational position (which he would have) and jump ship - leaving their huge financial investments in the hands of someone they don't know or trust. In order to get the mega millions needed for the Ministry School to rival Lee he had to be "locked in" to the oversight of the Highland/Tennessee Temple properties for the long haul. That's just my "guess" and since we don't really know the reason(s) - it's just fun (and okay) to guess Smile

If it were the donors, looks like he would have left the cog before they paid off the huge debt on the bldg. in Ooltewah. He might have been able to keep the bldg., Cleveland might not have wanted to assume the debt. I wonder if that was discussed , did he know he was going to lose the bldg?

That was the initial contact between him and the donor from what I was told so it was way too early into their relationship for any talk about the future. All of this has happened over a period of time - is my guess. It just now reached the stage where a final decision had to be made, is my guess. Sure, if he would have known all of this the day he met the guy and got the check to pay everything off it might have been done differently. But who knows. It is what it is. From now on his ministry is no longer CoG, it appears. And he made it clear that it was not his "choice" to leave the people and building at Ooltewah. It was his choice to surrender his license and then the overseer made a choice to take over the administration of the property and people at Ooltewah. Kevin didn't ask to be removed.
3/21/17 2:51 pm

Post Re: Much ado about nothing... georgiapath
spartanfan wrote:
georgiapath wrote:
spartanfan wrote:

That was the initial contact between him and the donor from what I was told so it was way too early into their relationship for any talk about the future. All of this has happened over a period of time - is my guess. It just now reached the stage where a final decision had to be made, is my guess. Sure, if he would have known all of this the day he met the guy and got the check to pay everything off it might have been done differently. But who knows. It is what it is. From now on his ministry is no longer CoG, it appears. And he made it clear that it was not his "choice" to leave the people and building at Ooltewah. It was his choice to surrender his license and then the overseer made a choice to take over the administration of the property and people at Ooltewah. Kevin didn't ask to be removed.

ok, thanks
Acts-dicted
3/21/17 6:03 pm

Post Probably money spartanfan
I think he left us for financial reasons. Not ToT but because his donors don't want him getting elected to something and moving to Cleveland. He has burned the bridges and is locked in for the long haul. All of the youth and women on the General Council is probably a smoke screen because nobody wants to boil it down to money. That's my guess- and it's a good one Smile Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
3/21/17 6:13 pm

Post Charles Page
we don't know that the COG knew about the surrendering the credentials at winterfest. He could have revealed this after the sermon.
3/21/17 8:34 pm

Post HighFive
Charles Page wrote:
we don't know that the COG knew about the surrendering the credentials at winterfest. He could have revealed this after the sermon.

Yes we do know. Kevin and others have shared it. At least five days earlier.
3/21/17 10:08 pm

Post Yes we do know spartanfan
Charles Page wrote:

Kevin told state and general officials Monday and Tuesday before Winterfest. They decided not to cast a shadow over the kids big event. They all acted like mature adults. They were all thinking of the kids. Let it go!
3/21/17 10:09 pm

Post Re: Much ado about nothing... Carolyn Smith
spartanfan wrote:
georgiapath wrote:
spartanfan wrote:

He said on the video that if you leave the COG and the building is in the COG's name, they keep the building and they make the decision about who the pastor will be. He was very clear that he knew this would happen. He also stated that when they got the present property that he discussed it with the state bishop and someone else (don't remember who he said) and received their blessing not to put that property in the name of the COG & keep it separate.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/21/17 10:28 pm

Post bradfreeman
clevelandgrad wrote:
Mr. Pastor Wright,

This is the poison attitude.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
3/22/17 9:13 am

Post Re: Don't make assumptions (hypocritical) bradfreeman
clevelandgrad wrote:
Mr. spartanfan,
Perception is reality. Regardless of who knew what when, Mr. Wallace should not have been permitted to go on stage. The reason being because of everything you are seeing posted on this site and facebook. As a Pastor, I would rather there been a facebook post by our leaders telling us why they chose not to let him on stage.

More poison.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
3/22/17 9:15 am

Post Bro Bob
I so rarely find occasion to agree with Mr Freeman. But clevelandgrad, he is right about your attitude on this being wrong at its foundation. Check yourself. Put yourself in Bro Wallace's shoes. Put yourself in Bro Hill's shoes.

Tension is very high. It is not a time for being the one who is petty. I have not listened to Bro Wallace's message at teen talent, but I would think if he spoke evil, you should bear witness of the evil.

I think Kevin was right to offer to step back, and I think the EC was right to be gracious. Let's just let a difficult situation, handled gracefully, stand as its own witness.

A lesson I have had to learn the hard way is to be careful that I will not regret what I have posted a week from now, or years from now. That is why I have taken the liberty to offer this view of the things you have said.

So now, you must either thank me...

... or forgive me! Smile
3/22/17 11:17 am

Post Charles Page
The next three months reports from the Ooltewah congregation will say more about what is taking place.
3/22/17 12:25 pm

Post georgiapath
Charles Page wrote:
The next three months reports from the Ooltewah congregation will say more about what is taking place.

I agree.
Acts-dicted
3/22/17 6:33 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic