Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Kevin Wallace talks to his church Wed night (L)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Kevin Wallace talks to his church Wed night (L) JLarry
Not sure if this can be viewed other than from Face Book but here he is.

https://www.facebook.com/rttnchurch/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
3/17/17 4:15 pm

Post Re: Kevin Wallace talks to his church Wed night (L) georgiapath
JLarry wrote:
Not sure if this can be viewed other than from Face Book but here he is.

https://www.facebook.com/rttnchurch/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

I could see it but the sound wasn't loud enough, might be my computer. I will try again at work on Monday, I do want to hear what he had to say.

Thanks
Acts-dicted
3/18/17 7:49 am

Post Much ado about nothing... spartanfan
Very vague.... gave no indication as to why he had to leave the CoG in order to pursue what he feels God wants him to do. Nothing like : "If I remained in a denomination I could not........". Another 6 times his size years ago did similar things to what he is planning and yet remained in the CoG (PLW). Still makes no sense - no real answers. Only thing interesting is that he is going to have a "Board of Overseers" and "Board of Directors or Trustees" to provide almost identical accountability he had in the CoG. So what does that accomplish - he already had that? No answers. My guess is that it is still primarily a "financial deal" to where his massive donor(s) want assurances that he is not going to get elected to a denominational position (which he would have) and jump ship - leaving their huge financial investments in the hands of someone they don't know or trust. In order to get the mega millions needed for the Ministry School to rival Lee he had to be "locked in" to the oversight of the Highland/Tennessee Temple properties for the long haul. That's just my "guess" and since we don't really know the reason(s) - it's just fun (and okay) to guess Smile Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
3/18/17 9:57 am

Post JLarry
My guess is.

I guess I don't have a guess.

Acts Mod
3/18/17 4:27 pm

Post Re: Much ado about nothing... Carolyn Smith
spartanfan wrote:
Very vague.... gave no indication as to why he had to leave the CoG in order to pursue what he feels God wants him to do. Nothing like : "If I remained in a denomination I could not........". Another 6 times his size years ago did similar things to what he is planning and yet remained in the CoG (PLW). Still makes no sense - no real answers. Only thing interesting is that he is going to have a "Board of Overseers" and "Board of Directors or Trustees" to provide almost identical accountability he had in the CoG. So what does that accomplish - he already had that? No answers. My guess is that it is still primarily a "financial deal" to where his massive donor(s) want assurances that he is not going to get elected to a denominational position (which he would have) and jump ship - leaving their huge financial investments in the hands of someone they don't know or trust. In order to get the mega millions needed for the Ministry School to rival Lee he had to be "locked in" to the oversight of the Highland/Tennessee Temple properties for the long haul. That's just my "guess" and since we don't really know the reason(s) - it's just fun (and okay) to guess Smile

I've watched about half of it, and I thought what he has said so far is very good. As to why...He said he felt this was the direction God was leading him. Why isn't that a good enough answer? He expressed respect and admiration for the COG. He told the denominational leaders of his intentions before Winterfest, and they still wanted him to speak. That's a lot of trust to put in someone getting ready to speak to thousands of youth and youth leaders from all over the South. He said he has not left because of hurt feelings.

As for his school being a "rival" to Lee? How ludicrous! Lee has gone way beyond just training pastors as they once did. Maybe he wants to go about it in a different way than Lee does. Maybe more hands on training than book learning (and there is a place for both.) I don't think he sees his school as a rival of Lee. I don't see how it is a bad thing to have more places to train ministers.

He doesn't owe any of us an explanation. He gave one to the people he serves. He followed the COG rules to do all this. Give the man some respect.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/18/17 4:38 pm

Post Re: Much ado about nothing... skinnybishop
Carolyn Smith wrote:
spartanfan wrote:
Very vague.... gave no indication as to why he had to leave the CoG in order to pursue what he feels God wants him to do. Nothing like : "If I remained in a denomination I could not........". Another 6 times his size years ago did similar things to what he is planning and yet remained in the CoG (PLW). Still makes no sense - no real answers. Only thing interesting is that he is going to have a "Board of Overseers" and "Board of Directors or Trustees" to provide almost identical accountability he had in the CoG. So what does that accomplish - he already had that? No answers. My guess is that it is still primarily a "financial deal" to where his massive donor(s) want assurances that he is not going to get elected to a denominational position (which he would have) and jump ship - leaving their huge financial investments in the hands of someone they don't know or trust. In order to get the mega millions needed for the Ministry School to rival Lee he had to be "locked in" to the oversight of the Highland/Tennessee Temple properties for the long haul. That's just my "guess" and since we don't really know the reason(s) - it's just fun (and okay) to guess :)

I've watched about half of it, and I thought what he has said so far is very good. As to why...He said he felt this was the direction God was leading him. Why isn't that a good enough answer? He expressed respect and admiration for the COG. He told the denominational leaders of his intentions before Winterfest, and they still wanted him to speak. That's a lot of trust to put in someone getting ready to speak to thousands of youth and youth leaders from all over the South. He said he has not left because of hurt feelings.

As for his school being a "rival" to Lee? How ludicrous! Lee has gone way beyond just training pastors as they once did. Maybe he wants to go about it in a different way than Lee does. Maybe more hands on training than book learning (and there is a place for both.) I don't think he sees his school as a rival of Lee. I don't see how it is a bad thing to have more places to train ministers.

He doesn't owe any of us an explanation. He gave one to the people he serves. He followed the COG rules to do all this. Give the man some respect.

You are correct. He doesn't owe any of us an explanation. On the other hand, he chose to give explanation which he knew would be made public.

I watched the video. All of it. It left me with some questions, but I don't expect or demand answers.....And I don't consider disrespectful to wonder about what someone publicly says.

At least one point he raised concerns the whole denomination. If you didn't watch the whole thing, you may have missed that.
3/18/17 5:12 pm

skinnybishop wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:
spartanfan wrote:
Very vague.... gave no indication as to why he had to leave the CoG in order to pursue what he feels God wants him to do. Nothing like : "If I remained in a denomination I could not........". Another 6 times his size years ago did similar things to what he is planning and yet remained in the CoG (PLW). Still makes no sense - no real answers. Only thing interesting is that he is going to have a "Board of Overseers" and "Board of Directors or Trustees" to provide almost identical accountability he had in the CoG. So what does that accomplish - he already had that? No answers. My guess is that it is still primarily a "financial deal" to where his massive donor(s) want assurances that he is not going to get elected to a denominational position (which he would have) and jump ship - leaving their huge financial investments in the hands of someone they don't know or trust. In order to get the mega millions needed for the Ministry School to rival Lee he had to be "locked in" to the oversight of the Highland/Tennessee Temple properties for the long haul. That's just my "guess" and since we don't really know the reason(s) - it's just fun (and okay) to guess Smile

You are correct. He doesn't owe any of us an explanation. On the other hand, he chose to give explanation which he knew would be made public.

I watched the video. All of it. It left me with some questions, but I don't expect or demand answers.....And I don't consider disrespectful to wonder about what someone publicly says.

At least one point he raised concerns the whole denomination. If you didn't watch the whole thing, you may have missed that.

Thanks. I do intend the watch the rest...just haven't gotten back to it.

I am just really tired of the negativity.
3/18/17 6:36 pm

Post Some thoughts... Aaron Scott
It takes a lot of guts, I would think, to leave behind what you know so well, to depart from the incredible opportunities he had ahead of him (very likely a future general overseership), and the such, to launch into a level of risk that could be very daunting. For instance, I would think that being IN the Church of God would have not only permitted him to attract independents, but would have been attractive to Church of God ministers. So, yeah, it takes either tremendous vision, divine assurance, and/or willingness to risk it all to do such things,

I felt he was trying to act as honorably and respectfully as he could. The only thing that left me a bit unsettled was the statement that he plans to plant another church in Ooltewah in the near future. To me, that seems just a bit untoward, for it is almost certain that it could be very disruptive to his former church. Which leads me to wonder whether there was indeed something that wasn't gaining traction in leadership circles, which caused him to depart Ooltewah (which he still has a heart for).

But that being said, if God is in it, then we dare not fight it...and if He is not, I feel confident that He loves Kevin Wallace enough to gently shepherd him back on the right path...and I feel like Bro. Wallace loves God enough to seek to be always obedient. If Bro. Wallace is wrong, it seems sure that it is not a failure in love for the Master, even if it might be imperfect judgment. And if he is right, then praise the Lord, for God's way is ALWAYS best for the Kingdom.
3/18/17 6:46 pm

Post The COG Apostle
If someone doesn't want to be here, we don't want them. It causes problems for everyone. He doesn't owe anybody an explanation. I wish him well. Move on..... Acts-celerater
3/18/17 7:19 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Sorry sparty,
His school doesnt rival lee...but is a duplicate of Perry Stones recently opened ministry school...which made bryan cutshall the president after bryan left his church to be the president of kevin's school. Confused yet? There's more than meets the eye here...that much I can tell you.
That said, Kevin Wallace dreams big, a quality most men don't have...i hope he succeeds.
3/18/17 7:26 pm

Post georgiapath JLarry
If the low audio is your computer problem then my puter has an audio problem also.

Acts Mod
3/18/17 7:58 pm

Post Re: georgiapath georgiapath
JLarry wrote:
If the low audio is your computer problem then my puter has an audio problem also.

Close to the end where he starting singing "You Do Miracles so Great", I could hear that. He has a loud voice so I'm not sure what the prolem was. I will try again at work on Monday. I do want to hear it all.
Acts-dicted
3/18/17 9:15 pm

Post Re: Much ado about nothing... georgiapath
skinnybishop wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:
spartanfan wrote:
Very vague.... gave no indication as to why he had to leave the CoG in order to pursue what he feels God wants him to do. Nothing like : "If I remained in a denomination I could not........". Another 6 times his size years ago did similar things to what he is planning and yet remained in the CoG (PLW). Still makes no sense - no real answers. Only thing interesting is that he is going to have a "Board of Overseers" and "Board of Directors or Trustees" to provide almost identical accountability he had in the CoG. So what does that accomplish - he already had that? No answers. My guess is that it is still primarily a "financial deal" to where his massive donor(s) want assurances that he is not going to get elected to a denominational position (which he would have) and jump ship - leaving their huge financial investments in the hands of someone they don't know or trust. In order to get the mega millions needed for the Ministry School to rival Lee he had to be "locked in" to the oversight of the Highland/Tennessee Temple properties for the long haul. That's just my "guess" and since we don't really know the reason(s) - it's just fun
(and okay) to guess Smile

I don't see any negativity, just people wanting to know. Nothing wrong with that. I don't know anybody that doesn't have respect for Kevin Wallace. He has accomplished more already than a lot of people do in a life time.
Acts-dicted
3/18/17 9:22 pm

Post georgiapath
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Sorry sparty,
His school doesnt rival lee...but is a duplicate of Perry Stones recently opened ministry school...which made bryan cutshall the president after bryan left his church to be the president of kevin's school. Confused yet? There's more than meets the eye here...that much I can tell you.
That said, Kevin Wallace dreams big, a quality most men don't have...i hope he succeeds.

Yeah, it would be interesting to know why he dropped Bryan Cutshall. That has been a well kept secret, which usually doesn't last this long.
Acts-dicted
3/18/17 9:28 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Question - didn't Kevin and PTS have an agreement to let his students get further ministry training at PTS if they wanted to study further after the completed their training at RSM?

Again, I am just dumbfounded that the COG and Kevin have split up - as they both seemed to benefit from each other. While Kevin did send a significant $$ amount to HQ - they sent Kevin everywhere as their ambassador that was able to draw young and old together - which is a VERY HARD THING to do.

Someone called him the poster child - I believe that was a pretty accurate description...and not in a bad way.

I just don't like this at all.

Evil or Very Mad
3/19/17 1:56 pm

georgiapath wrote:
skinnybishop wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:
spartanfan wrote:
Very vague.... gave no indication as to why he had to leave the CoG in order to pursue what he feels God wants him to do. Nothing like : "If I remained in a denomination I could not........". Another 6 times his size years ago did similar things to what he is planning and yet remained in the CoG (PLW). Still makes no sense - no real answers. Only thing interesting is that he is going to have a "Board of Overseers" and "Board of Directors or Trustees" to provide almost identical accountability he had in the CoG. So what does that accomplish - he already had that? No answers. My guess is that it is still primarily a "financial deal" to where his massive donor(s) want assurances that he is not going to get elected to a denominational position (which he would have) and jump ship - leaving their huge financial investments in the hands of someone they don't know or trust. In order to get the mega millions needed for the Ministry School to rival Lee he had to be "locked in" to the oversight of the Highland/Tennessee Temple properties for the long haul. That's just my "guess" and since we don't really know the reason(s) - it's just fun
(and okay) to guess Smile

I don't see any negativity, just people wanting to know. Nothing wrong with that. I don't know anybody that doesn't have respect for Kevin Wallace. He has accomplished more already than a lot of people do in a life time.

People want to know, yes. But his explanation doesn't satisfy, and it appears to me that you are questioning his motives. You say maybe it's a "financial deal" due to his massive investor(s) - ooooo...must be something secret going on there because he's got a big donor. He's trying to build a school of ministry to rival Lee - not even close. His heart is for building ministry, not competition.

It just seems like people are looking under rocks to find "something." You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but since we don't know, maybe we shouldn't be thinking up stuff, either. Aren't we accountable for what we say about our brother?

JMHO...so take it with a grain of salt. If it doesn't apply to you, read on & ignore.
3/19/17 6:42 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
georgiapath wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Sorry sparty,

Yeah, it would be interesting to know why he dropped Bryan Cutshall. That has been a well kept secret, which usually doesn't last this long.

How do we know he dropped Bryan Cutshall? Maybe Bryan dropped him. Ooooooo...more secrets...
3/19/17 6:43 pm

Post Bottom line is... lesserpower
If he was genuine (and he probably was) in his statement to the church, he simply said he wanted to follow the Lord into what He wanted for him. While that may be a myriad of different areas, it is much easier to turn a ship of 2000 people than it is one of 7 million. If he feels strong conviction about something the COG does, or doesn't do, he will have a simpler time of implementing those changes now.
3/19/17 8:18 pm

Post Re: Bottom line is... spartanfan
lesserpower wrote:
If he was genuine (and he probably was) in his statement to the church, he simply said he wanted to follow the Lord into what He wanted for him. While that may be a myriad of different areas, it is much easier to turn a ship of 2000 people than it is one of 7 million. If he feels strong conviction about something the COG does, or doesn't do, he will have a simpler time of implementing those changes now.

From all that we've heard I guess that means he will form his own general council and let his wife vote. But she still can preach at one of the churches he establishes in his new mini denomination (which he can be GO of) however she can never be a bishop. I guess that is what will "turn his ship?" I think my guess about him being removed from a system that will eventually ask him to move to Cleveland is the preference of his main donor(s). My guess it's money that controls the rudder here. But we're all just having fun guessing. Nobody has a real answer.
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
3/20/17 7:23 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Kevin likes to work fast.
Perhaps when everything was clicking on all cylinders in the COG - they kept the pace he wanted.
When votes didn't go his way at the GA - like they had continually since his rise to the near top - perhaps he sensed he only had one life to give - and wanted to keep going at the frenetic pace he was used to. Perhaps he would have gotten bored - and this keeps the boredom at bay.
3/20/17 7:34 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic