Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Things that are not on my bucket List

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Things that are not on my bucket List c6thplayer1

[/url]
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/15/17 7:27 pm

Post bonnie knox
I'm with you on those.
I read recently about an old woman who got the cops to arrest her because that was on her bucket list. I thought that was lame. I'm not going to put that on my bucket list, either.
I've never seen the wild horses on the Outer Banks of NC. I think I'd like to have that on my bucket list.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/15/17 8:23 pm

Post Link
I don't know why the hanging tent thing seems scarier to me than the rest of them.

Those are the types of things those people do when they are at the bottom of the bucket list, because any one of those things could be the last thing they did.

When I was in my early 20's, I wanted to go skydiving. I even saw an ad posted in the dorm to go with a group of guys and each pay $20 over the weekend, but I'd already made plans to go home, and $20 was a lot of money to me back then.

Nowadays, some of the rides at the amusement park that I would have considered fun in my teens or 20's just make me nauseous. With a wife and kids to take care of, sky diving doesn't seem nearly as appealing. I wonder how many of those guys are married or have children.
3/15/17 8:24 pm

Post Cojak
If I had them on a bucket list, I crossed them off around my 12 birthday when I learned some things can hurt, BUT other things can kill you!

Hey Link, I think I would be afraid i would either roll out of bed or pick that time to try sleep walking! OUCH! Shocked

Hey C6, I think you could enjoy skiing on a 90 degree slope! Wink
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/15/17 10:06 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
For some reason cliffs kind of scare me, and I really can't imagine ever camping in a tent on the side of a cliff like that, but hang gliding or skydiving has always seemed like something I'd really enjoy. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/15/17 11:34 pm

Post Link
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
For some reason cliffs kind of scare me, and I really can't imagine ever camping in a tent on the side of a cliff like that, but hang gliding or skydiving has always seemed like something I'd really enjoy.

Cliffs don't scare me at all, as long as I am at the bottom and no one is at the top to drop anything on me. Smile

The tent thing is scary to me because it lasts for so long. The people on the edge of the cliff can get away from it, and the ordeal is over.

Skydiving looks like fun, and hang gliding looks like it would be even more fun. I went parasailing once.

My wife and I were in Bali when we'd been married got about a year, possibly less. The currency had dropped and she paid a little over $100, I think, for a 24 hour bus ride to Bali, food included, maybe 3 nights at the hotel, and a couple of tours, and the trip back. The hotel was on the beach. It was a big hotel, so we did have to walk a bit. The waves came in like clockwork. I would have liked to just body surf every day, but my wife was sitting on the beach nervous the waves would eat me and not bring me back. Waves aren't her thing.

One of the days, we went to another beach on the tour. They were offering parasailing for about $10 (in rupiah), but told the Indonesians they'd charge them $2. We negotiated for me to get to do it for $2. We both went parasailing. It was okay. It wasn't as scary as you might think up there, but other than the view, it's a bit boring. There weren't a lot of G's.. I was young and light and the straps dug into me a bit. That would be my concern with hang gliding, too.

There is a mountain on the east coast of Oahu, Hawaii near Sealife Park where the wind comes in, and people can catch the wind and either hang glide in the currents or else parasail. They climb up part-way, catch the wind, and fly around in it. It does look like fun. I had a conversation about it with one of the men who'd been doing it and had a look at his equipment. But people who do that probably have to devote a lot of time to it just to learn how to get up there.
3/16/17 11:46 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic