Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Who is the Angel in Exodus 23?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Who is the Angel in Exodus 23? Musicman4him
Exodus 23:20-23
I have heard different opinions about this. I was told this is Jesus himself, and I have been told it was an Angel of the Lord.

Please give your opinions with evidence and references please.

Thanks

music
Friendly Face
3/14/17 10:37 am

Post Oh well, guess it was not gossip. Musicman4him
In the COG, i guess if it's not gossip or backbiting, it won't be responded to.

Oh well

Music
Friendly Face
3/20/17 3:52 pm

Post bonnie knox
Well, fwiw, I did look up the passage you referenced when you first posted. My answer was "I don't know," and I certainly didn't have any "evidence" or
"references."
I figured it would be unnecessary to make a post just to say I didn't know. But I do want you to know I didn't ignore your post.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/20/17 4:02 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Who knows?

Go ahead and tell us what you think - then we can respond.
3/20/17 4:30 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I find the interpretation most satisfactory which sees the Angel of the LORD as a pre-incarnate manifestation of the Son of God. I don't really have time to debate it today, however, and at any rate, it definitely is not something I would want to devote a lot of energy to debating. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/20/17 5:30 pm

Post Bro Bob
I did the same thing Bonnie did. Exactly the same thing. Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
3/20/17 6:14 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
A manifestation of God for a specific purpose. I cannot say it was God's "son" since no son had been born at that point.
3/21/17 4:50 am

Post This was not a debate! Musicman4him
This question was asked not for debate purposes, but I'm doing a study and wanted your opinion. Thanks for the ones who gave insight.

Resident skeptic, Jesus has always been in the Godhead from the beginning of time. example in Genesis....."Let US make man in our image". Some folks believe the Son only existed when he was born on earth by Mary, this is not so. So this could be the Son referenced here. I'm going to research some more. Also when Jacob wrestled with "the angel", it has been said before that this was also Jesus.
Friendly Face
3/21/17 1:07 pm

Post Bro Bob
* While on topic, read Gen 18 where "The Lord appeared unto Abraham on the plains of Mamre."

Is it 3 men, all of whom are angels? If all three are angels, why are they collectively called Lord or Jehovah?

If one of them is God, Jehovah, how can it be said no man has ever seen God?

* When God asked Cain why his countenance had fallen in Gen 4, was that God or some subordinate doing the asking? Did Cain see God?

* We are made in his image. One would assume that means he has a primary body (that he can use or alter) which is similar in appearance to ours. Some get very upset when you say God has a body.

I don't mind the questions. I just don't have the answers.

I don't know.
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
3/21/17 1:37 pm

Post Re: This was not a debate! Resident Skeptic
Musicman4him wrote:
This question was asked not for debate purposes, but I'm doing a study and wanted your opinion. Thanks for the ones who gave insight.

Resident skeptic, Jesus has always been in the Godhead from the beginning of time. example in Genesis....."Let US make man in our image". Some folks believe the Son only existed when he was born on earth by Mary, this is not so. So this could be the Son referenced here. I'm going to research some more. Also when Jacob wrestled with "the angel", it has been said before that this was also Jesus.

Since my Bible College days in the AoG , I have embraced the "incarnational Sonship" view. IMO, the Word was made flesh as the Son. One significance of the Word, IMO, was the role as the visible image of the invisible God. This is what the Angel that wrestled with Jacob was.
3/21/17 2:47 pm

Post Da Sheik
I honestly don't know but I will say this much. I don't believe a theophany is necessary to prove the eternal existence of Jesus. Acts Enthusiast
3/21/17 2:57 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic