Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

The INIMITABLE Kevin Wallace now ministers outside COG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Jason Justus
caveator wrote:
Jason Justus wrote:
JLarry wrote:
Jason Justice where did you Dad pastor. I was in N. Ga. from 78-98. I am trying to place him. As a younger pastor I worked several youth camps. Maybe I worked with you.

I have been back around my home land since 1998, but I still miss N. Ga.

BTW, glad to hear you are doing good in Madison. Isn't this where the AG Camp Ground is located.

My father was a pastor in Bells Ferry 86-88 and then 88-91 at Trenton Church of God now known as Trenton Ministry Center! But we lived on the camp grounds from 84-86 and didn't pastor, just took a break and attended Doraville Church of God now known as Lawerenceville COG (Robert Herrin was there). I didn't work youth camps in N. Ga. until 2008-2010 but attended while a kid. AG campground isn't in Madison, FL...rather the 7th Day Adventist is about 17 miles from us here in Dowling Park. This area is pretty dominate Southern Baptist and I mean dominate... BUT oh the COG is moving Cool

That is interesting to know that your dad pastored at Trenton. Some great preachers have roots in that little corner of Georgia and Northeast Alabama.

My father was 2 pastors before David Smith was there... He did very well needed to build but had to much opo to do that... Thankfully, David was able to do what needed to be done! David did an amazing job there and still know a lot of people from that area.
3/17/17 9:02 am

Post Re: If you want facts and not speculation... skinnybishop
Andy Stevens wrote:
...visit the facebook page for RTTN Church. Video of KW sharing regarding the transition at hand.

Interesting video.
3/17/17 10:42 am

Post lesserpower
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Lest you think we are in our own little bubble here, I saw this thread posted on a friend's FB page today. Shocked

The discussion there said the reason KW left was due to his having a problem with women in ministry & younger ministers not being ordained earlier.

Interesting...

According to the video he shared on Facebook, he doesn't believe women should be Bishops, so it looks like there were other reasons.
3/17/17 11:12 am

Post bonnie knox
Can someone post a link? Or is this on a private Facebook page?

lesserpower wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Lest you think we are in our own little bubble here, I saw this thread posted on a friend's FB page today. Shocked

The discussion there said the reason KW left was due to his having a problem with women in ministry & younger ministers not being ordained earlier.

Interesting...

According to the video he shared on Facebook, he doesn't believe women should be Bishops, so it looks like there were other reasons.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/17/17 12:13 pm

Post lesserpower
bonnie knox wrote:
Can someone post a link? Or is this on a private Facebook page?

lesserpower wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:

Interesting...

https://www.facebook.com/rttnchurch/
3/17/17 12:25 pm

Post bonnie knox
thanks! [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/17/17 12:55 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Odd thing is, the GA decided to continue its long-standing policy that women can't be bishops in the CoG, so it would appear he had a problem with it even being debated. Scratching my head over that one, if it really was a reason he felt the need to leave. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/17/17 1:16 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
.... [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/17/17 1:55 pm

Post wayne
If it's of God................ Acts Enthusiast
3/17/17 2:56 pm

Post caveator
Jason Justus wrote:
caveator wrote:
Jason Justus wrote:
JLarry wrote:
Jason Justice where did you Dad pastor. I was in N. Ga. from 78-98. I am trying to place him. As a younger pastor I worked several youth camps. Maybe I worked with you.

BTW, glad to hear you are doing good in Madison. Isn't this where the AG Camp Ground is located.

My father was a pastor in Bells Ferry 86-88 and then 88-91 at Trenton Church of God now known as Trenton Ministry Center! But we lived on the camp grounds from 84-86 and didn't pastor, just took a break and attended Doraville Church of God now known as Lawerenceville COG (Robert Herrin was there). I didn't work youth camps in N. Ga. until 2008-2010 but attended while a kid. AG campground isn't in Madison, FL...rather the 7th Day Adventist is about 17 miles from us here in Dowling Park. This area is pretty dominate Southern Baptist and I mean dominate... BUT oh the COG is moving Cool

That is interesting to know that your dad pastored at Trenton. Some great preachers have roots in that little corner of Georgia and Northeast Alabama.

My father was 2 pastors before David Smith was there... He did very well needed to build but had to much opo to do that... Thankfully, David was able to do what needed to be done! David did an amazing job there and still know a lot of people from that area.

Bryan Cutshall also has roots in Trenton. I remember when his father pastored there. I think he graduated high school there. (Sorry to hijack)
Acts-celerater
3/17/17 10:44 pm

Post According to this own words... Jamie Noel
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
I'm just saying, the Cleveland boys knew this for a while (surely) and he could have been replaced at Winterfest.

In one of the early years of Winterfest, Loran Livingston had an emergency and couldn't make it, so Jentezen Franklin showed up instead. SO a late switch could have occurred...as there was precedence for it.

My only comment is how sad I am about it.

This may have been answered but according to his own words, the GO asked him to remain as the speaker and did not want to replace him.
3/18/17 11:37 am

Post georgiapath
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Odd thing is, the GA decided to continue its long-standing policy that women can't be bishops in the CoG, so it would appear he had a problem with it even being debated. Scratching my head over that one, if it really was a reason he felt the need to leave.

I had heard that his wfe was the speaker at Higland Park on Sunday mornings so that doesn't make sense.
Acts-dicted
3/18/17 6:05 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
georgiapath wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Odd thing is, the GA decided to continue its long-standing policy that women can't be bishops in the CoG, so it would appear he had a problem with it even being debated. Scratching my head over that one, if it really was a reason he felt the need to leave.

I had heard that his wfe was the speaker at Higland Park on Sunday mornings so that doesn't make sense.

I have since learned KW's issue with regard to women in ministry is that he firmly believes the lady ministers should be allowed to participate in the General Council and vote. Even though he does not believe women should be bishops, he very much affirms women in ministry.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/18/17 7:02 pm

Post Jason Justus
caveator wrote:
Jason Justus wrote:
caveator wrote:
Jason Justus wrote:
JLarry wrote:

Bryan Cutshall also has roots in Trenton. I remember when his father pastored there. I think he graduated high school there. (Sorry to hijack)

I knew brother and Sis. Cutshall VERY VERY WELL! They would come to Trenton when dad was there a few times and preach for dad. They are good people my friend...
3/20/17 2:38 pm

Post Charles Page
"Pickles have souls" The big donors told Adrian Rogers that they support him financially and if they say pickles have souls then you preach pickles have souls.
3/20/17 3:45 pm

Post Re: Email from the church bonnie knox
Maybe it was that firsthand look at sausage being made that made him want oatmeal for breakfast.

Azuza 100 wrote:
An email was disseminated to Redemption Point folks that recapped the events of yesterday. In a part of the letter Kevin states, "We feel God is separating us and the thing He has called us to do from the system that in many ways has come to define our denomination." In that sentence the word system is in bold. This man had not problem with the system when he was the chairman of the Executive Council, but now feels that same system is holding him back. Hmmm that doesn't make sense to me.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/20/17 3:59 pm

Post Re: Email from the church Cojak
[quote="bonnie knox"]Maybe it was that firsthand look at sausage being made that made him want oatmeal for breakfast.

That pitch was thrown from Left field, but it made it to home plate. Lot of 'thinking' in that thought! Shocked

Very possible Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/21/17 10:44 pm

Post skinnybishop
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
georgiapath wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

I have since learned KW's issue with regard to women in ministry is that he firmly believes the lady ministers should be allowed to participate in the General Council and vote. Even though he does not believe women should be bishops, he very much affirms women in ministry.

Here is what I don't understand.....The Church of God doesn't exclude women from ministry. They can serve as pastors, evangelists, teachers, musicians, treasurers, church council members, and be elected to State Boards. Women can speak and vote at the General Assembly.

I just can't imagine leaving the denomination over who can/can't speak, at one level, every 2 years. To do so ignores all of the open doors in the denomination and concentrates on a single closed door.

Further I can't understand how the operation of his local church is impacted over General Council admission. I can't understand how the role of women in his church now....is going to be different from their role before. The Church of God wasn't keeping women from participating in the ministry of the local church.

The role of women in General Council may have been something Kevin was disappointed in. But I have a hard time believing it would influence anyone, not just Kevin, to leave.
3/22/17 9:13 am

Post georgiapath
skinnybishop wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
georgiapath wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

Here is what I don't understand.....The Church of God doesn't exclude women from ministry. They can serve as pastors, evangelists, teachers, musicians, treasurers, church council members, and be elected to State Boards. Women can speak and vote at the General Assembly.

I just can't imagine leaving the denomination over who can/can't speak, at one level, every 2 years. To do so ignores all of the open doors in the denomination and concentrates on a single closed door.

Further I can't understand how the operation of his local church is impacted over General Council admission. I can't understand how the role of women in his church now....is going to be different from their role before. The Church of God wasn't keeping women from participating in the ministry of the local church.

The role of women in General Council may have been something Kevin was disappointed in. But I have a hard time believing it would influence anyone, not just Kevin, to leave.

I can't believe it either, I also don't believe it has anything to do with the donors. We may never know the real reason, but there is more to it than what's been posted. Even Deven at times looked like she wasn't quite sure what she was hearing.

I've been in the working world and the church world long enough to know that the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, is not always told.

Last edited by georgiapath on 3/22/17 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
3/22/17 11:43 am

Post Charles Page
money talks, always follow the money trail!
3/22/17 11:58 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic