Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Perry Stone and the Black Oil Tornado

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Perry Stone and the Black Oil Tornado Link
I have a brother-in-law who likes Perry Stone. That's where I first heard of him years ago. Many years ago, when I was in Georgia, I drove down to Macon when Perry Stone was visiting to hear him preach. I believe my brother-in-law told us about it and my wife wanted to see him. Now, he's on TV. I haven't seen much Manna Fest. I've probably heard him preach a few hours in all.

I've looked at the program for a few minutes. Once it was about underwater structures that Jacque Cousteau's brother allegedly found in the Bermuda Triangle, and what sounded like the screams of Hell down there, supposed gates to the underworld. That was about the most fantastic thing I heard on the show. It seems like fantastic (in the sense of fantasy) things might appeal to the man.

Many years later, I heard him talking about, if I remember right, a black oil tornado coming out of the Gulf of Mexico. If I remember right, he kept interpreting it to be some kind of nuclear attack on an oil well.

But what ended up happening was that awful BP spill.

Do you think Perry Stone might have gotten some real revelation, and then came up with a rather wild fantastic interpretation of it? (Or his supporters could argue that people prayed and the nuclear thing didn't happen, or that there was a conspiracy and the official story of why it leaked isn't the true one.)
2/23/17 10:20 pm

Post Re: Perry Stone and the Black Oil Tornado Cojak
Link wrote:
I have a brother-in-law who likes Perry Stone. That's where I first heard of him years ago. Many years ago, when I was in Georgia, I drove down to Macon when Perry Stone was visiting to hear him preach. I believe my brother-in-law told us about it and my wife wanted to see him. Now, he's on TV. I haven't seen much Manna Fest. I've probably heard him preach a few hours in all.

I've looked at the program for a few minutes. Once it was about underwater structures that Jacque Cousteau's brother allegedly found in the Bermuda Triangle, and what sounded like the screams of Hell down there, supposed gates to the underworld. That was about the most fantastic thing I heard on the show. It seems like fantastic (in the sense of fantasy) things might appeal to the man.

Many years later, I heard him talking about, if I remember right, a black oil tornado coming out of the Gulf of Mexico. If I remember right, he kept interpreting it to be some kind of nuclear attack on an oil well.

Do you think Perry Stone might have gotten some real revelation, and then came up with a rather wild fantastic interpretation of it? (Or his supporters could argue that people prayed and the nuclear thing didn't happen, or that there was a conspiracy and the official story of why it leaked isn't the true one.)

Anything is possible, but I would think if God chose a man and revealed something to him, it seems God would also guide the man in passing this on to the people who needed to know these things.

I do not believe things are revealed just to entertain, but to teach and reveal the future. Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/23/17 11:31 pm

Post Re: Perry Stone and the Black Oil Tornado Carolyn Smith
Link wrote:

I'm sure others will disagree, but Perry has gotten it right quite often. The Lord has given him dreams and visions on several occasions, but at the time he didn't understand completely what it meant. This is a perfect example. Once it happened, it became quite clear what it meant. He also had a dream/vision about 9/11 that he didn't understand completely until it happened.

I've followed Perry's ministry for many years...long before he was so well known and on TV. The man loves a mystery, and he loves to study the Word. He has preached some "out there" stuff like OCTP's favorite remembrance. Some of it I've agreed with and some of it I haven't.

Folks accuse him of coming up with outlandish ideas to sell books, but a lot of what's in his books, he has been preaching for years. I believe he is sincerely trying to do the will of the Lord and please Him. Ultimately, he will stand before the Lord for the things he has preached & taught.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/23/17 11:43 pm

Post Link
The Bible teaches that we are members of the body of Christ and we are to minister to one another. So it makes sense to me that the Lord might give one person a revelation, but not the interpretation. Daniel apparently did not understand all the revelations he got, which were sealed up until the end. Joseph might not have quite understand the dreams about the stars would be fulfilled at first, but he did interpret other people's dreams.

We are also told to minister spiritual gifts to one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. If you have a dream and try to figure out the interpretation, it's your choice whether to share your dream or interpretation, and how you frame it when you describe it. (I believe the Lord could direct someone to share about a dream or vision, as well.) If someone doesn't get his interpretation right, that doesn't mean his dream is wrong, but it is important how you present the information if you are going to present it at all.
2/24/17 2:16 am

Post UncleJD
I don't know, but my new band's name is now "Black Oil Tornado" ! Thanks Perry!!! Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/24/17 2:55 pm

Post Ventureforth
UncleJD wrote:
I don't know, but my new band's name is now "Black Oil Tornado" ! Thanks Perry!!!

Rock On! Smile (Or is that country?)
I wouldn't think Perry has a copyright.
Acts-celerater
2/24/17 7:41 pm

Post Link
UncleJD wrote:
I don't know, but my new band's name is now "Black Oil Tornado" ! Thanks Perry!!!
Smile
2/24/17 8:20 pm

Post Re: Perry Stone and the Black Oil Tornado Old Time Country Preacher
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Perry has gotten it right quite often.

Yep, but so did:

1. The magicians of Eqypt
2. Nostradamus
3. et al
Acts-pert Poster
2/24/17 9:59 pm

Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:

Yep, but so did:

2. Nostradamus
3. et al

That's just mean.
2/25/17 7:09 pm

Post And true excellentposter
Perry Stone and the Black Oil Tornado Carolyn Smith
Carolyn Smith wrote:

Yep, but so did:

2. Nostradamus
3. et al

That's just mean.:

And True
Friendly Face
2/26/17 4:47 pm

Tom Sterbens wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:

Yep, but so did:

2. Nostradamus
3. et al

That's just mean.

Carolyn - you make my heart smile! Smile

Sure glad someone is getting a smile out of this thread!
2/26/17 7:31 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Perry in Jacksonville last weekend.

Lots of teaching, good props, revival spirit, well received.

Nothing crazy...no wild prophecies.

He represented God very well.

You can watch Sun AM and PM here and make up your own mind - but he was here for 5 services in all.

http://subsplash.com/etag/s/e36e033
2/27/17 7:58 am

Post Really like Perry a lot doyle
Perry is a dedicated Brother who excells in ministry in many ways. I wish me and all of us were half as effective in reaching people as is Perry Stone.

Is he above fact-checking and disagreeing with him on some issues? Of course not, but I have confidence enough in Perry to know that if someone proved him wrong, he would be thankful they took the time to share it with him.

I never heard about the supposed Black Tornado coming out of the Gulf but I could see how some could say the BP mess was a major storm in the lives of a lot of people along the Gulf.

Anyway, I'm absolutely thrilled that a Bible-Believing minister of the Word is having much success in reaching people.

Doyle
2/27/17 2:08 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
I hate to risk opening Perry Stone to more ridicule, but thought some of you might like to read an article he published concerning the oil spill and the "black tornado."

https://www.voe.org/files/3204_Article.pdf
2/28/17 2:24 am

Post bonnie knox
I keep thinking about John Jett and his rock band "Jael and Peggy." Exclamation

UncleJD wrote:
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/3/17 8:53 am

Post UncleJD
bonnie knox wrote:

UncleJD wrote:

That's another good one Bonnie, but I already have a group interested in "Black Oil Tornado"
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/3/17 2:51 pm

Post Link
UncleJD wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:

UncleJD wrote:

That's another good one Bonnie, but I already have a group interested in "Black Oil Tornado"

Don't forget me when you are rich and famous.
3/4/17 11:16 am

Post bonnie knox
I keep thinking "black oil tornado" could be the name of a hairstyle.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/4/17 11:27 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic