Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Information weighs nothing....

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Information weighs nothing.... Aaron Scott
I know this is kind of foolish, but it occurred to me that if you could compress all of the world's information--encyclopedias, movies, music, pictures, images, software, etc.--and place them on a single disk...the disk would weigh no more or less than it did when it was blank.

Or put it this way: The hardware of a computer does not weigh any more than it did before all the software was loaded onto it. It made me wonder if perhaps the spirit/soul is similar. We cannot detect it because it "weighs nothing," even though it is the "programming" of what we do.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/3/17 12:11 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
This got me thinking...Aaron's brain weighs no more with all the information he has learned - than when it was empty.

Which might be interesting - except his posts make me think his brain might actually still be empty?

Go Gators!
3/3/17 12:51 pm

Post NBF... Aaron Scott
I KEEL YOU!

Twisted Evil
3/3/17 8:22 pm

Post Cojak
It is amazing that info adds nothing to weight in 'software' terms. It is amazing that over the years the 'vehicle' storing the information has shrunk. I joined the electronics world, a few years after the 'Eniac ' was built. I maintained a computer that took 1200 sq ft to house. today my $10 watch can do more than the early digital and analog units.

Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/4/17 10:16 am

Post c6thplayer1
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
This got me thinking...Aaron's brain weighs no more with all the information he has learned - than when it was empty.

Which might be interesting - except his posts make me think his brain might actually still be empty?

Go Gators!

I'll have to give you credit for quote of the year.. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

No disrespect meant Aaron , but your gonna have to think hard to beat that.
3/4/17 10:50 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic