Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What sin will the Spirit convict you of?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post What sin will the Spirit convict you of? bradfreeman
WHAT SIN WILL THE SPIRIT CONVICT YOU OF?

If you are convicted of a serious crime, you become a convicted felon. Jesus said the Spirit would convict of sin. What sin? Let's look at John 14-16 and see:

"If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him.”
Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” Jesus said to him, “Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me?
The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves."
John 14:7-11

Jesus said His WORDS and WORKS showed them the Father so they could believe.

Jesus said "the world" would hate us because it hated him.

If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you." John 15:18,19

His disciples were not "of the world", but were chosen "out of the world". The world that hated Jesus wasn't the fishermen, the whores, the drunkards and the tax collectors. They loved Jesus, believed Jesus, kissed His feet, poured oil over His head and invited Him over for drinks and dinner.

The world that hated Jesus was the religious world. Then he said this religious world had sin because of the WORDS Jesus had spoken and the WORKS Jesus had done.

"If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. He who hates Me hates My Father also. If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would not have sin; but now they have both seen and hated Me and My Father as well." John 15:22,23

He's obviously not talking about the transgression of the law. All have that sin - the sin of the flesh. The law, not the Spirit, brought the knowledge of that sin (Rom. 3:20; Rom 7:7) and convicts of that sin (Jam 2:9).

No, this is a sin they "would not have" if Jesus hadn't come and spoken the WORDS of the Father and shown them the WORKS of the Father. The sin of unbelief - the sin of the heart.

"But thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were committed," Rom. 6:19

"for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation." Rom. 10:10

He said the Spirit would convict the religious world that hated Him of sin because it did not believe. The Spirit calls those who hate Jesus convicted unbelievers.

"And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me;" John 16:8,9

What sin will the Spirit convict you of? Unbelief, the sin of the heart. Listen to what "the Holy Spirit says":

"Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says,
“Today if you hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts as when they provoked Me,
As in the day of trial in the wilderness,
Where your fathers tried Me by testing Me,
And saw My works for forty years.
“Therefore I was angry with this generation,
And said, ‘They always go astray in their heart,
And they did not know My ways’;
As I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest.’”
Take care, brethren, that there not be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart that falls away from the living God. But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called “Today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. For we have become partakers of Christ, if we hold fast the beginning of our assurance firm until the end, while it is said,
“Today if you hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts, as when they provoked Me.”

For who provoked Him when they had heard? Indeed, did not all those who came out of Egypt led by Moses? And with whom was He angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the wilderness? And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who were disobedient?

So we see that they were not able to enter because of unbelief."
Heb 3:7-19

What is the Spirit saying?
Don't harden your heart.
Don't go astray in your heart.
Don't have an evil unbelieving heart.

With the heart a person believes.
With the heart a person obeys the Gospel.

"But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Rom 10:16,17

What is the sin and disobedience of the heart that keeps us out? Unbelief.
What is the sin and disobedience of the heart the Spirit is speaking to when He says "hear His voice" see "My works" don't harden your heart.

How do we obey the Gospel? We believe His report.
How do we enter His rest? We believe

"For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:
“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’”
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
Heb.4:3

He wants us to believe His WORDS and WORKS.
He will convict you as an unbeliever if you don't believe the WORKS are finished.

He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." John 3:18

When you believe, the Spirit convicts you of righteousness, of sonship!
You become a convicted believer.

"how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory." 2 Cor 3:9

"The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God," Rom 8:16

"And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!” Gal 4

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
2/26/17 10:04 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic