Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Actscelerate Useless
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Actscelerate Useless c6thplayer1
Charlie Earl wrote:
This forum actually was helpful and cathartic for COG ministers. It is really become useless.

Folks like OTCP have made this site a joke. He posts so many ridiculous things that its filled with nonsense.

I check in time to time -- and looking at tonight --- OTCP just filled with goofy remarks and observations, etc. It dominates site.

Ok -- was a helpful place at one time. Hopefully someone might launch something new sometime.

I would venture to bet that if you needed help in the Biblical arena , OT would be the first to assist you.... even after your post.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/22/17 7:13 pm

Post Ventureforth
c6thplayer1 wrote:
The value is directly proportional to our post , our attitude and our responses. both negative and positive. We are responsible for quality of this site.

True!
Acts-celerater
2/22/17 10:04 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
You have to admit there's not a lot of meaningful discussion here anymore. A lot of regular posters have drifted away or stopped posting entirely. Tom only pops in occasionally. I haven't seen Travis post in quite a while, and Eddie told me he's not coming back. There are several others who have just stopped posting.

And if you don't have a particular viewpoint, your comments are dismissed, ignored, or scorned. It gets old after a while.

The old gray mare ain't what she used to be.
2/23/17 12:13 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Carolyn Smith wrote:

Whoa here, Carolyn, Jerry Smith, Doug Allen, Ronnie LeFevre, an the rest a your MIP gang will think you talkin bout them.
Acts-pert Poster
2/23/17 12:24 am

Post Carolyn Smith
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:

Whoa here, Carolyn, Jerry Smith, Doug Allen, Ronnie LeFevre, an the rest a your MIP gang will think you talkin bout them.

If the shoe fits...
2/23/17 12:25 am

Carolyn Smith wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:

If the shoe fits...

Cool Very Happy
Acts-pert Poster
2/23/17 2:11 am

Post Da Sheik
We still have some great contributors here. I won't start naming names for fear of leaving someone out. There are trolls on any given forum but I think the moderators here do a great job of keeping this a friendly environment to share and exchange ideas. And even have a few laughs. Acts Enthusiast
2/23/17 4:12 pm

Post Travis Johnson
Carolyn Smith wrote:
You have to admit there's not a lot of meaningful discussion here anymore. A lot of regular posters have drifted away or stopped posting entirely. Tom only pops in occasionally. I haven't seen Travis post in quite a while, and Eddie told me he's not coming back. There are several others who have just stopped posting.

And if you don't have a particular viewpoint, your comments are dismissed, ignored, or scorned. It gets old after a while.

I still read. I've posted more often on the pastors/ministers Facebook page. But, I've not posted there a lot as of late.

I'm still out here. From time to time, I'll type out a post and delete it thinking I probably should deal with a hornets' nest in another way. But, I'll still shake a stick at a nest from time to time and mix it up here on Actscelerate if the right opportunity presents itself. Smile

Acts has given me the opportunity for some great friendships over the years. But, it doesn't have the same kind of post volume it used to...probably for a number of reasons. That's ok.
Acts-dicted
2/23/17 6:38 pm

Travis Johnson wrote:
From time to time, I'll type out a post and delete it thinking I probably should deal with a hornets' nest in another way.

Yeah, you best not come on here postin woffie error or that at new church you at in Alabama has done bestowed a honery docterate on ya................. Shocked Wink
Acts-pert Poster
2/23/17 8:49 pm

Post Cojak
Travis Johnson wrote:
...I'm still out here. From time to time, I'll type out a post and delete it thinking I probably should deal with a hornets' nest in another way. ...Smile

Acts has given me the opportunity for some great friendships over the years. ....

It is good to see you pop in. Miss you, of course, Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/23/17 9:42 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Cojak wrote:
Travis Johnson wrote:
...I'm still out here. From time to time, I'll type out a post and delete it thinking I probably should deal with a hornets' nest in another way. ...Smile

Acts has given me the opportunity for some great friendships over the years. ....

Agreed.

I miss the kind of posts that made you think or search the scriptures. Now we're just told what we should think. Sort of like the media these days...
2/23/17 10:16 pm

Post Travis Johnson
Cojak wrote:
Travis Johnson wrote:

A road trip to Mobile would fix that! Smile
Acts-dicted
2/24/17 8:27 am

Post Cojak
Travis Johnson wrote:
Cojak wrote:
Travis Johnson wrote:

A road trip to Mobile would fix that! Smile

Got a point there! Thanks, we do have to pass thru there if we go to Nawlins for be-neighs & coffee! Smile
2/24/17 11:25 pm

Post Cojak
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Trav - I wouldn't be too awfully hopeful...I've been dropping hints for over a decade trying to get him to stop by our church for a visit (I've been practicing talking slower and everything...). Alas...no luck to this point...
Smile Wink

Shucks, that was worth dropping by Acts. BTW Travis did talk slow so I could understand him and I 'preciated it! I knowed if I still thought I was a preacher Travis would have booked me for a revival!

BUT also to the Original Post:
Very few things are actually USELESS The spare tire in my cars hasn't been used in over 20 years, but it is comforting to know it is there.

The same with folks who posted regularly and are now gone, it is comforting to know they are STILL OUT THERE! Cool
2/25/17 9:59 am

Post Dean Steenburgh
Original poster made some keen observations outside of the OTCP remarks but if we are looking for something to jump up & get our attention then it has to be salacious.

We had a time when we debated for hours about the tithe of tithe & all of it's sub topics & validity.
Some folks love to snitch on others using the famous pen names while some can't resist knowing the details about a fallen minister while being chastised for asking the wrong questions.
Then we have ministers who leave the movement & we discuss their departure based on their popularity or the size of their church.
Or we had the Jentezen Franklin episode & all of the various issues regarding that whole drama & it's various players.
It seems that this board really lights up when we have personal news regarding somebody or something that we can either directly or indirectly relate to.

All we need is a couple of denominational earth shaking subjects & this ole board will take off like a comet & we'll see multiple pages with multiple discussions until the next dry spell hits.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
2/25/17 8:02 pm

Post Re: Actscelerate Useless Methocostal
I sorta resemble that remark. My dad's name was Earl Smile However, I never said it was a purtty name Smile

I always thought he should have had 3 names with Duke of being the first two!

Charlie Earl wrote:
Folks like OTCP have made this site a joke. He posts so many ridiculous things that its filled with nonsense.

Charlie Earl, so good to see you too son. I been wonderin bout ya postin name--Charlie Earl. Mainly I been curious bout the name EARL and why anybody would use it, lessen you related to this feller named EARL what lived in Atlanta.
Friendly Face
2/27/17 5:57 pm

Post Re: Actscelerate Useless Cojak
Charlie Earl wrote:

Mainly I been curious bout the name EARL and why anybody would use it,

I realize Methacostal just mentioned the name, but you disparage one of the best men I ever knew. Earl P Paulk. A dedicated man whose heart was broken hundreds of times by men who thought they were his PEERS, but never came close. This bull-dog of man took all the disdain thrown at him by COG preachers, suffered for what his son had done, and still died a loving Christian.

Just sayin' Use something else to smack Charlie Earl with, Always remember where there is a JR who acts stupid, nasty and ungodly, there is a senior who catches half the flack, like it was his fault. There have been a couple in the COG I know about and the SR had suffered enough!
2/27/17 9:10 pm

Dean Steenburgh wrote:

All we need is a couple of denominational earth shaking subjects & this ole board will take off like a comet.

Dean, why don't you go ahead an close at degree mill down there in Modesto, son at'll git some dialogue goin.
Acts-pert Poster
2/27/17 11:57 pm

Post bonnie knox
Or we could talk about money. That gets folks stirred up.

Dean Steenburgh wrote:

All we need is a couple of denominational earth shaking subjects & this ole board will take off like a comet.

Dean, why don't you go ahead an close at degree mill down there in Modesto, son at'll git some dialogue goin.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/3/17 12:07 am

Post bonnie knox
Do you know the folks you mentioned here? I've actually met a couple of these folks. I ain't on Facebook, but this might be one of those Facebook situations where Ole Timer and I have a mutual acquaintance.

Carolyn Smith wrote:

[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/3/17 12:10 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic