Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Question. Do you use catchers in your church?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Question. Do you use catchers in your church? roughridercog
Do you have these guys scurrying back and forth across the front during a time of prayer just in case someone goes down?

Hmmmmm, maybe we could eliminate catchers if we just put down thick gym mats. Laughing
2/19/17 9:43 am

Post Re: Question. Do you use catchers in your church? Resident Skeptic
roughridercog wrote:
Do you have these guys scurrying back and forth across the front during a time of prayer just in case someone goes down?

Hmmmmm, maybe we could eliminate catchers if we just put down thick gym mats. Laughing

If we eliminated them, then who would cover home-plate on our soft-ball teams?
2/19/17 10:02 am

Post Re: Question. Do you use catchers in your church? Quiet Wyatt
roughridercog wrote:

No.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/19/17 10:54 am

Post Re: Question. Do you use catchers in your church? skinnybishop
roughridercog wrote:

Hmmmmm, maybe we could eliminate catchers if we just put down thick gym mats. :lol:

No
2/19/17 2:38 pm

Post Sometimes brotherjames
Depends upon how God is moving. But, when needed my ushers come forward and catch. Acts-celerater
2/19/17 4:20 pm

Post Re: Question. Do you use catchers in your church? Cojak
Resident Skeptic wrote:
roughridercog wrote:

If we eliminated them, then who would cover home-plate on our soft-ball teams?

Cute RS. cute! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/19/17 8:25 pm

Post Charles Page
Is a catcher an armor bearer?
Are armor bearers paid?
2/20/17 10:23 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
There is no biblical foundation for an armor bearer under the New Covenant. This was an Old Testament practice among soldiers. Acts-pert Poster
2/20/17 10:39 am

Post sheepdogandy
Nope. Rolling Eyes

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/21/17 6:39 pm

Post Catchers Ronald
It keeps us from having frivolous lawsuits when someone who is not in the Spirit may get injured. Friendly Face
2/21/17 9:51 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
In my experience, having catchers just encourages carnal courtesy drops. I also find no scriptural basis for the whole "line 'em up and knock 'em down" approach to altar ministry. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/21/17 10:32 pm

Post You know what I find sad, brotherjames
That so many so called pentecostal people (much less the very few pastors on here) on this Board are so concerned about so many minor things and they are so concerned about not doing so many things that "big" controversial ministries might do that they wind up NOT DOING ANYTHING!

Why don't y'all try being really LED BY THE SPIRIT sometime and go with the flow. AND hey, if you miss it, at least you missed it seeking God rather than worrying about being nit pickers and wind up missing God in the process. Just a thought from a veteran God chaser and pastor.
Acts-celerater
2/21/17 10:46 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I encourage folks to find a place to pray and seek God, and then we lay hands on them, usually while they're kneeling. Your snarkily dismissive attempt to dodge the fact that there is zero scriptural support for lining people up in hopes that they'll fall over doesn't change the fact that there is no scripture at all for such a practice. One may as well say that feeling led by the Spirit to make the sign of the cross or pray to Mary somehow makes one more spiritual or a God chaser. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/21/17 11:55 pm

Post Re: You know what I find sad, skinnybishop
brotherjames wrote:
That so many so called pentecostal people (much less the very few pastors on here) on this Board are so concerned about so many minor things and they are so concerned about not doing so many things that "big" controversial ministries might do that they wind up NOT DOING ANYTHING!

Why don't y'all try being really LED BY THE SPIRIT sometime and go with the flow. AND hey, if you miss it, at least you missed it seeking God rather than worrying about being nit pickers and wind up missing God in the process. Just a thought from a veteran God chaser and pastor.

Interesting.

How should we be "really" led by the Spirit?? In what way?

What would make us more spiritual, in your opinion?

I don't want to assume, so please elaborate
2/22/17 11:31 am

Post The idea that there is no scriptural basis brotherjames
For falling overlooks something. While I never enco5courtsey drops or any other fleshly manifestation, the fact is that up until the day of Pentecost there was no scriptural basis for tongues either, isaiah 28:11 notwithstanding. Sometimes the flesh responds to the Presence of God in unusual ways. There is always the opportunity for the culture to influence those manifestations as well. However, if people fall, jerk, etc and do so out of a sincere heart seeking His Presence who are we to presume to stop it? Since when were the elders the repository of all knowledge? When I say be led by the spirit, I mean is it decent and in order, is God exalted or is this flesh merely trying to be exalted? What does worship that is "in the Spirit and in Truth look like anyway? Come with me to Africa or South America and I'll show you some real manifestations that will blow your mind. Is it God? ABSOLUTELY! Does it follow scriptural basis? Can't fiND some of it but Jesus is being worshipped! PTL! Acts-celerater
2/22/17 12:07 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Every place in the New Testament where the apostles lined people up to knock them over: _____________. Zero, zip, nada. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/22/17 12:30 pm

Post Pastor Wright
Quote:
Question. Do you use catchers in your church?

No.
2/22/17 2:24 pm

Post I think you missed the point somehow brotherjames
Quote:

Every place in the New Testament where the apostles lined people up to knock them over: _____________. Zero, zip, nada.

Quote:
the fact is that up until the day of Pentecost there was no scriptural basis for tongues either, isaiah 28:11 notwithstanding.

and we NEVER knock anyone over (actually very few ever go down but if they do, it's between them and God).

Quote:
However, if people fall, jerk, etc and do so out of a sincere heart seeking His Presence who are we to presume to stop it? Since when were the elders the repository of all knowledge?
Acts-celerater
2/22/17 2:27 pm

Post Re: The idea that there is no scriptural basis skinnybishop
brotherjames wrote:
For falling overlooks something. While I never enco5courtsey drops or any other fleshly manifestation, the fact is that up until the day of Pentecost there was no scriptural basis for tongues either, isaiah 28:11 notwithstanding. Sometimes the flesh responds to the Presence of God in unusual ways. There is always the opportunity for the culture to influence those manifestations as well. However, if people fall, jerk, etc and do so out of a sincere heart seeking His Presence who are we to presume to stop it? Since when were the elders the repository of all knowledge? When I say be led by the spirit, I mean is it decent and in order, is God exalted or is this flesh merely trying to be exalted? What does worship that is "in the Spirit and in Truth look like anyway? Come with me to Africa or South America and I'll show you some real manifestations that will blow your mind. Is it God? ABSOLUTELY! Does it follow scriptural basis? Can't fiND some of it but Jesus is being worshipped! PTL!

Gotcha.

Here's my position:

It doesn't bother me if people are "slain". (It has happened to me)
I don't think people have fall, to be spiritual.
I don't think being slain is the measure of success....souls are!

Basically, I'm cool with it, but not married to it. I am bothered by the idea that we should get people to the altar, just to see them fall down.

Again, I don't think God is excited about how many people "fall out".
2/22/17 2:35 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Every place in the New Testament where the apostles lined people up to knock them over: _____________. Zero, zip, nada.

Agreed.

It is such a feature of some ministries - you would have thought God would have included it in his book.
2/22/17 3:50 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic