Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Help....seriously!

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Help....seriously! cogsteeler
I am no scholar, but someone has been placed in my life that needs wise council. They are a musician raised COG/AG but took a turn for "Christian" rock music which led them into secular rock.....on into touring internationally....drinking drugs and sex, etc. Their philosophy has done a 180, of course, to justify themselves. Everything I believe in is wrong. They talk of light and dark, both equally good. Balance. RA. Mentions the breakdown of words from the Bible....like...ISRAEL....IS is from Isis (sun god), Ra is from Rah, and EL from Elohim. Evil backwards is LIVE. They have shown me many word "games" from biblical terms. Does any of this look familiar? If so, am I wasting my time to try and refute this stuff? Do YOU have experience with this type of thinking? Or should I just continue to pray for them, that God would intervene in their heart and open their eyes?
I can be more specific, providing things he has written that are pretty chilling. Quoting him scripture reminds him of the days he was being brainwashed....Says the Bible is an allegory...etc....THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE!
2/18/17 9:48 am

Post Won't be able... Mark Ledbetter
to win them back until God has prepared their heart.

So, pray for them and pray for God's wisdom to seize any opportunity that opens to present the truth in love.

No need to major on error but on truth.
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
2/18/17 10:25 am

Post Link
It's good to witness to someone. James 5:20 says,
"Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins."

I remember hearing a young man who was rather skilled at street evangelism sharing with another young man, an electrician, after a ball game. Toward the beginning of the conversation, the electrician asked "How do I know your God is the real god, and not Odin or one of those other gods?"

A while later, I heard him say, "Okay, I'll be honest. I know there is a God, and I know I'm not right with him."

A lot of this junk people throw out there are just excuses. Romans 1 tells us about men who do not like to retain God in their knowledge. The truth is there, and people build up a wall of beliefs and excuses to block their own view of the truth.

It may help to treat him like he's in denial, that on some level he knows what the truth is. You can answer his objections and challenge his believers, but sometimes it may help if you are more concerned with telling him what he needs to hear than with addressing his objections. The word of God is powerful. Talking whatever philosophy he's dreamed up may not be that powerful.
2/19/17 8:41 pm

Post Thanks cogsteeler
I appreciate the responses. Please, if anyone has an additional word...I need to hear it! New Member
3/2/17 7:53 am

Post bonnie knox
Obviously, I don't know the situation, but if it will encourage you, I will pass along the testimony one of our pastor's sons. He too toured internationally with a band and was living a prodigal life. (I don't know that he was as defiant in his beliefs as the person you are mentioning, but he was definitely rebelling against what he knew was right.) Whenever he came home to visit, his mother said she wanted to try to talk to him about his situation until she said finally the Lord told her to just love him like a Mom and stop preaching to him. Lots of prayer and fasting (AND WAITING) was done on behalf of that young man by lots of people before he finally "came back to the Father's house." At one point, he had overdosed on drugs and as I recall the telling, was pretty much in his room in a coma for about 3 days. I believe prayers kept him alive.
Love and prayers are the best things you can give the person.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/2/17 8:10 am

Post Cojak
bonnie knox wrote:
Obviously, I don't know the situation, but if it will encourage you, I will pass along the testimony one of our pastor's sons. He too toured internationally with a band and was living a prodigal life. (I don't know that he was as defiant in his beliefs as the person you are mentioning, but he was definitely rebelling against what he knew was right.) Whenever he came home to visit, his mother said she wanted to try to talk to him about his situation until she said finally the Lord told her to just love him like a Mom and stop preaching to him. Lots of prayer and fasting (AND WAITING) was done on behalf of that young man by lots of people before he finally "came back to the Father's house." At one point, he had overdosed on drugs and as I recall the telling, was pretty much in his room in a coma for about 3 days. I believe prayers kept him alive.
Love and prayers are the best things you can give the person.

Thumb Up Thumb Up Very good!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/2/17 11:28 am

Post Link
Btw, if you wanted to be blunt you could tell him that his word games are a bunch of stupid bunk and he obviously doesn't know the first thing about Hebrew.
3/2/17 12:24 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic