Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Embarrassed By Another Pastor
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Question???? Cojak
Tom Sterbens wrote:
4golf wrote:
My Question to you is this! Why are you still friends with such a Jerk? Hanging around him reflects on you!

Friendships and forums seem to suffer obnoxious individuals at great length in hope they may some day change. Alas, too often it is only hope deferred.

Ain't it the truth!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/18/17 9:28 pm

Post Cojak
A friend B, from Alabama, who does not post on Acts but reads it daily. asked me to Post this on the thread. :
Please suggest to all who leave a table that has been given good service and it does not have anything to do with who will pay for the meal. The question should be asked (Openly to the table) as to how much are we leaving for a tip and then leave an honest tip. The next time you share a meal with your friends they will know how you will respond in this situation.

Makes sense to bring it out in the open.... ....... Cool
2/19/17 8:02 pm

Post Pastor Wright
Is there an easier way to spread the love of Jesus than by treating your waiter/waitress with respect, kindness, gratitude, and leaving him/her a good tip?

What an opportunity!
2/21/17 3:36 pm

Post Cojak
Pastor Wright wrote:
Is there an easier way to spread the love of Jesus than by treating your waiter/waitress with respect, kindness, gratitude, and leaving him/her a good tip?

What an opportunity!

Amen, Pastor Wright

And Welcome aboard Good to see a new face! Smile
2/21/17 9:07 pm

Post JLarry
Th last time I was at a Cracker Barrel one at our table of four gave the waitress a 100.00 tip.

He is a relative. He and his wife always leave a very good tip.

I had a friend/member years ago that would complain about the food every time we went to eat. He later owned a BBQ place.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
2/22/17 5:52 am

Post Pastor Wright
Cojak wrote:
Amen, Pastor Wright

And Welcome aboard Good to see a new face!

Thank you for the warm welcome, Cojak.
2/22/17 9:23 am

Post Re: Embarrassed By Another Pastor Methocostal
Oh my gosh. Maybe you can do investigation to find who the waitress was an make up for the shortfall. I'm at loss for words.

Da Sheik wrote:
I recently ate dinner with another minister and his wife. We went to a nice restaurant. My friend is always difficult with waitstaff. He requires a special order on practically every course. He usually sends food back due to lack of seasoning, isn't cooked perfectly, etc. For those reasons, I normally don't like to dine with him. However this last time he really went the extra mile:

While making tons of extra/special requests he continually bragged to our server..."I know I'm needy but I promise I'll take good care of you". He made two or three references to his gratuity. He graciously offered to pick up the tab. I offered to leave the tip, but he was insistent that he wanted to take care of everything.

On the way home, my wife said something was bothering her and she wanted to talk about it (guys love it when their wives say that! Shocked ). She then went on to say that she glanced down at the check as we were leaving the restaurant. It appears that Mr. Big Spender left about a 5% tip. I eat at this place somewhat regularly and I was mortified. To make matters worse, he kept making religious references and invited her to his church. Something tells me she's not gonna make it this Sunday. Or any Sunday.
Friendly Face
2/27/17 5:29 pm

Post Re: At General Assembly Methocostal
LOL good for him.

DrDuck wrote:
Does anyone else remember when Lamar Vest read an article from the Newspaper in San Antonio at the General Assembly about this? Waiters had complained about the rude treatment they received from Assembly attenders.

I do not do anything to upset or offend waiters, waitresses or the cooks who handle food I am about to eat. Very easy to make it secretly nasty. I know of an instance when a lady gave grief to a KFC employee demanding fresh chicken be cooked a quitting time. He dipped each piece in the mop bucket before cooking it.
Friendly Face
2/27/17 5:32 pm

Post bradfreeman
Your buddy is a jerk.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/

Last edited by bradfreeman on 3/13/17 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
3/12/17 7:35 am

Post Cojak
bradfreeman wrote:
Your buddy is jerk.

You haven't lived outside your own family and city much, if at one time you haven't had a buddy/acquaintance who was a jerk!

I have known some I went on liberty with only once. Some I went with again, but was now forewarned!

Some folk do not have enough common sense to know they are jerks! Embarassed Wink

I met one here on Acts, he does not post here now, but he was a jerk and I don't think he knew it.! Shocked
3/12/17 6:24 pm

Post bradfreeman
Cojak wrote:
bradfreeman wrote:
Your buddy is jerk.

You haven't lived outside your own family and city much, if at one time you haven't had a buddy/acquaintance who was a jerk!

I have known some I went on liberty with only once. Some I went with again, but was now forewarned!

Some folk do not have enough common sense to know they are jerks! Embarassed Wink

Sad

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
3/13/17 6:35 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Cojak wrote:
[Some folk do not have enough common sense to know they are jerks! I met one here on Acts, he does not post here now, but he was a jerk and I don't think he knew it.! Shocked

Whew.
Glad to hear he doesn't post here now.

Of course, your list of folks you think are jerks is a short one compared to mine.

I believe some of them still post on Acts. Twisted Evil
3/13/17 11:14 am

Post Cojak
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

Smile Smile
3/14/17 10:47 pm

Post Methocostal
Hmm, I wonder if it is the same one I remember. P H perhaps?
I had a really funny alternative to the initials PH, but I didn't want banned Smile

Another one had some type of "ministry" where he outed other ministries for some reason. Don't remember why, but he was also a jerk, imo.

Cojak wrote:
bradfreeman wrote:
Your buddy is jerk.

I met one here on Acts, he does not post here now, but he was a jerk and I don't think he knew it.! Shocked
Friendly Face
3/15/17 8:44 am

Post Methocostal
I think the jerk was NBF if I recall Smile Just kidding. You ain't such a bad guy regardless of the last name of your handle Smile

Seriously, I just had to say it, I do like you.

Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Cojak wrote:
[Some folk do not have enough common sense to know they are jerks! I met one here on Acts, he does not post here now, but he was a jerk and I don't think he knew it.! Shocked

Whew.
Glad to hear he doesn't post here now.

Of course, your list of folks you think are jerks is a short one compared to mine.

Friendly Face
3/15/17 8:46 am

Post Methocostal
Amen Sir

bradfreeman wrote:
Your buddy is a jerk.
Friendly Face
3/15/17 8:47 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic