Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Embarrassed By Another Pastor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Embarrassed By Another Pastor Da Sheik
I recently ate dinner with another minister and his wife. We went to a nice restaurant. My friend is always difficult with waitstaff. He requires a special order on practically every course. He usually sends food back due to lack of seasoning, isn't cooked perfectly, etc. For those reasons, I normally don't like to dine with him. However this last time he really went the extra mile:

While making tons of extra/special requests he continually bragged to our server..."I know I'm needy but I promise I'll take good care of you". He made two or three references to his gratuity. He graciously offered to pick up the tab. I offered to leave the tip, but he was insistent that he wanted to take care of everything.

On the way home, my wife said something was bothering her and she wanted to talk about it (guys love it when their wives say that! Shocked ). She then went on to say that she glanced down at the check as we were leaving the restaurant. It appears that Mr. Big Spender left about a 5% tip. I eat at this place somewhat regularly and I was mortified. To make matters worse, he kept making religious references and invited her to his church. Something tells me she's not gonna make it this Sunday. Or any Sunday.
Acts Enthusiast
2/16/17 3:20 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
I feel ya on this one sheik. I been with fellers an was ashamed fed the way they treated the waitress. I've even a time or two, when the person had gone to the rest room, even apologized to a waitress and let her know we was not all like at. Acts-pert Poster
2/16/17 3:36 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
My wife's mom was a waitress for most of her life. Before I met my wife, I was not a generous tipper, but that has definitely changed since we met. I now tip a minimum 15%, and often 20%. If I don't have enough money to give a decent tip, I don't need to go to a sit-down restaurant. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/16/17 3:43 pm

Post Change Agent
Sounds like some of my ex COG pastors. Laughing Acts Enthusiast
2/16/17 3:53 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
You eat at Cracker Barrel 3 meals a day - those tips really add up.
Got to get some savings somewhere.
Probably figured if 5% TOT is enough for HQ - then its enough for the waitress. Twisted Evil
2/16/17 4:10 pm

Post The COG Apostle
I would go back and apologize and give them a nice tip. That's humiliating! Acts-celerater
2/16/17 4:30 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
If I were you, I would go back (if you remember the waitress) and give her a tip and apologize. That is terrible and most embarrassing to you and your wife. Friendly Face
2/16/17 9:46 pm

Post Cojak
I am probably the most easy going person for a waiter or waitress. I know I could NEVER do their job. We have a sweet friend who also MUST request a change, or something special every time we have eaten out with her. I always wonder what will come next. Since I always pick up the check for this widow, There is always something EXTRA in the tip.

And I agree with some above about trying to make it BETTER. . I am sure you already plan if possible to FIX the problem. Good luck.

There are some folk that just do not seem to get the message, they are just too important (in their own eyes). Wink
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/16/17 10:00 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Well 5% is about 5% more than a pastor I know leaves. And he is loaded. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/16/17 10:42 pm

Post Re: Embarrassed By Another Pastor Link
Da Sheik wrote:
On the way home, my wife said something was bothering her and she wanted to talk about it

Here's a potential solution. Find the waitress. Give her a generous tip, if you can. Then go meet your friend and say,
"Something has been bothering me and I want to talk to you about it."

Tell him what you know about the low tip and what you think about it. Make sure he didn't leave something else that your wife didn't see. He could have put 5% on the bill for her taxes and left her a 20 under the check for all you know (or a nice track which is priceless in value Shocked ).

Anyway, if he left a 5% tip, then you tell him you went back and tipped the waitress later. That will probably make him feel uncomfortable, probably, and the incident might stick out in his mind. He might think about it, and hopefully he'll learn his lesson. We can pray for him to.
2/17/17 1:20 am

Post Link
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
If I don't have enough money to give a decent tip, I don't need to go to a sit-down restaurant.

That's the way we gotta' do it.

In some countries, they don't leave tips. I took my family out to a little Chinese restaurant in Malaysia. The food was pretty good. The service was good, and we left a tip. Someone followed my wife to the door with the money, saying we'd left it behind. My wife explained that was a tip.
2/17/17 1:21 am

Post At General Assembly DrDuck
Does anyone else remember when Lamar Vest read an article from the Newspaper in San Antonio at the General Assembly about this? Waiters had complained about the rude treatment they received from Assembly attenders.

I do not do anything to upset or offend waiters, waitresses or the cooks who handle food I am about to eat. Very easy to make it secretly nasty. I know of an instance when a lady gave grief to a KFC employee demanding fresh chicken be cooked a quitting time. He dipped each piece in the mop bucket before cooking it.
Acts-celerater
2/17/17 9:20 am

Post Re: At General Assembly Cojak
DrDuck wrote:
Does anyone else remember when Lamar Vest read an article from the Newspaper in San Antonio at the General Assembly about this? Waiters had complained about the rude treatment they received from Assembly attenders.

I do not do anything to upset or offend waiters, waitresses or the cooks who handle food I am about to eat. Very easy to make it secretly nasty. I know of an instance when a lady gave grief to a KFC employee demanding fresh chicken be cooked a quitting time. He dipped each piece in the mop bucket before cooking it.

Yeah I remember a joke. when someone apologized to the waiter about past actions, the WAITER said, then I will quit spitting in your coffee. NASTY!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/17/17 11:44 am

Post Charles Page
It's common knowledge among waiters that Christians and African Americans don't tip well!
2/17/17 11:56 am

Post Never, never send your food back. Pastor Nations
I worked in a few restaurants during High School and College.

During that time I learned a very important lesson.

Never, never, never send your food back. Never.
Acts Enthusiast
2/17/17 2:18 pm

Post Re: Never, never send your food back. diakoneo
Pastor Nations wrote:

What if you get fried chicken that is still bleeding?

Shocked
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/17/17 4:52 pm

Post Re: Never, never send your food back. Pastor Nations
diakoneo wrote:
Pastor Nations wrote:

What if you get fried chicken that is still bleeding?

Shocked

You have three choices:
1. Eat it raw.
2. Ask them to take it off the bill.
3. Just eat the mashed potatoes and salad.
Acts Enthusiast
2/17/17 5:44 pm

Post Question???? 4golf
My Question to you is this! Why are you still friends with such a Jerk? Hanging around him reflects on you! He is a PLEASE SELECT ANOTHER WORD Billboard for pastors and Christians! The old saying is true! You run with Outlaws you die with them!
2/17/17 8:40 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
She should have taken better care of the man of GAWD. And she should have tithed back to him a tenth of the tip.
2/18/17 5:43 pm

Post Re: Question???? Resident Skeptic
Tom Sterbens wrote:
4golf wrote:
My Question to you is this! Why are you still friends with such a Jerk? Hanging around him reflects on you!

Friendships and forums seem to suffer obnoxious individuals at great length in hope they may some day change. Alas, too often it is only hope deferred.

So true.
2/18/17 7:57 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic