Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

COG political persuasion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post COG political persuasion Charles Page

What is your guess as to the percentage of Democrats and Republicans in the COG? What is the percentage in Cleveland among COG ministers and staff? Question
2/15/17 3:49 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Are ya astin how many in the COG is a Christian an a Democrat? Ummm, I don't know any what's both. Acts-pert Poster
2/15/17 5:33 pm

Post Charles Page
I assume that you can be democrat and COG also
2/15/17 7:45 pm

Post UncleJD
among a certain profession within a certain COG institution in Cleveland, the percentage of democrats is pretty high. At least higher than most of us who are expected to send our hard earned money and children there would expect it to be. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/15/17 7:57 pm

Post Cojak
Some of the best folk I have known have been democrats. I have known very good pastors who were Democrats.
As a matter of fact in the 1940-1950 era MOST COG members and ministers were Democrats. Bro King (whose birthday was today) is pastoring a church that was at one time a very political church. There were approx. 50% for Adlai and 50% for Ike. They wore their buttons and about every car wore a bumper sticker for their man. They did not fight, I never heard a cross word, they were always friends and Christians. They actually sat on different sides of the old frame church.

They joked and kidded about it, but those mountaineers and cotton mill workers were serious about their politics. THE DEMOCRAT PARTY WAS THE PARTY OF THE POOR MAN!

The problem came up about that time, that the Democrat party left these folk and a lot of my family and THEY NEVER KNEW IT! EVEN UNTO THIS DAY DOWN SOUTH folks do not know that the party left them.

Just saying. Wink

One of the best preachers I have ever known besides my dad, drove his car all over one of the western NC counties with loud speakers strapped on the top letting the local Democrat greet the people.

There are less COG Democrats now than then, but still many COG democrats.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/15/17 8:53 pm

Post Cojak
PS: There are COG churches in Michigan the pastor would not last long if he down graded the Democrat party!
2/15/17 9:04 pm

Post UncleJD
My grandad was a Democrat, the only Republican he ever voted for was Ike. My dad was a union democrat and never voted Republican until he realized that the democratic party had kicked out Christian conservatives so he voted for Reagan. You may have known some great democrats, there are a few of them left, but the VAST majority are so polarized into their leftist extremism that they practically commit to an anti-Christ platform in every since of the word. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/15/17 11:06 pm

Post Cojak
UncleJD wrote:
My grandad was a Democrat, the only Republican he ever voted for was Ike. My dad was a union democrat and never voted Republican until he realized that the democratic party had kicked out Christian conservatives so he voted for Reagan. You may have known some great democrats, there are a few of them left, but the VAST majority are so polarized into their leftist extremism that they practically commit to an anti-Christ platform in every since of the word.

I certainly agree my friend, there are fewer and fewer as they realize they have been left behind. Cool
2/16/17 12:59 am

Post diakoneo
UncleJD wrote:
My grandad was a Democrat, the only Republican he ever voted for was Ike. My dad was a union democrat and never voted Republican until he realized that the democratic party had kicked out Christian conservatives so he voted for Reagan. You may have known some great democrats, there are a few of them left, but the VAST majority are so polarized into their leftist extremism that they practically commit to an anti-Christ platform in every since of the word.

As far as COG democrats: none.

I know a good Baptist judge that runs as Democrat and has for years.
I also know a good Methodist one. Pro- life but liberal in many other views.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/16/17 7:50 am

Post UncleJD
diakoneo wrote:

You must not know many that work on Ocoee
2/16/17 8:55 am

Post You must not know many that work on Ocoee Charles Page
river or the street?
2/16/17 11:08 am

Post diakoneo
UncleJD wrote:
diakoneo wrote:

You must not know many that work on Ocoee

I don't know many folks in Cleveland. Smile
2/16/17 11:27 am

Post Da Sheik
My guess is that it varies based on regions and ethnicity. We have a lot of Democrats in our church. Most of them are older though. As others have stated, the Democratic Party of today is not the one of yesteryear. Many vote Democrat because that's "what they've always done". Acts Enthusiast
2/16/17 11:58 am

Post Cojak
[quote="Da Sheik"]... Many vote Democrat because that's "what they've always done".[/quote]

That is exactly the attitudes in my adopted home town and my wife's home town. Even though the attitude may be republican, if they run for office to win, they must be registered Democrats. and the statement you use is echoed everywhere among the senior population. Cool
2/16/17 10:18 pm

Post Change Agent
Some think that the Democratic Party of Today is better than the Republican Party today. Approx. 2.3 million more than voted Republican. Laughing Acts Enthusiast
2/17/17 2:08 pm

Post UncleJD
Change Agent wrote:
Some think that the Democratic Party of Today is better than the Republican Party today. Approx. 2.3 million more than voted Republican. Laughing

All of whom live in California
2/18/17 11:51 pm

Post Pastor Wright
UncleJD wrote:
among a certain profession within a certain COG institution in Cleveland, the percentage of democrats is pretty high. At least higher than most of us who are expected to send our hard earned money and children there would expect it to be.

One quick question, with no judgment intended: Do we send our kids to this institution to be educated, or do we send them there to be fed the party line?
2/21/17 2:13 pm

Post bonnie knox
Pastor Wright? And an avatar of Tom Wright?
Something ain't right.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/21/17 2:32 pm

Post Pastor Wright
bonnie knox wrote:
Pastor Wright? And an avatar of Tom Wright? Something ain't right.

You saw Avatar, too? Shocked
2/21/17 2:51 pm

Post UncleJD
Pastor Wright wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
among a certain profession within a certain COG institution in Cleveland, the percentage of democrats is pretty high. At least higher than most of us who are expected to send our hard earned money and children there would expect it to be.

One quick question, with no judgment intended: Do we send our kids to this institution to be educated, or do we send them there to be fed the party line?

Exactly! (I love questions with their own answer, I certainly won't send mine to be fed the party line)

I'll ask another question. Is there a such thing in this country anymore, among Democrats, as education WITHOUT liberal indoctrination? I'd say at very best that's a shrinking percentage.
2/21/17 6:13 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic