Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

If there was a wholesale roundup of illegal aliens...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: If there was a wholesale roundup of illegal aliens... spartanfan
hmmmmm......... I guess we'll know later this week

Last edited by spartanfan on 2/19/17 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
2/18/17 8:31 am

Post Depends on where you are Clint Wills
Where I grew up, there would be almost no affect. I'm sure there would be some, but not a significant difference at all.

However, where I live now - south Miami-Dade County - there would be a YUGE impact!! I don't know how many people are here illegally, but just looking at the number of immigrants tells me that there have to be a lot that are aren't here legally.

Personally, I'm not in favor of anyone doing anything illegal. With that said, God is bringing the world to my city and I'm getting to disciple them! I've never asked a guest to our church if they are here legally or not...and I never will. I'm much more concerned about their eternity than their documentation.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/18/17 9:39 am

Post skinnybishop
People don't want to enforce immigration based on the belief that "decent, hardworking people are going to be hurt".

That philosophy applies to many issues today, not just immigration.......It is the idea that "Wrong should be accepted, if you are a good person".

People are missing the point on this issue. If people are here illegally, it doesn't matter if they are Christians. It doesn't matter if they are members of my church. It doesn't matter if they give to charity. It doesn't matter if they own my favorite restaurant. It doesn't matter if they are hardworking. It doesn't matter if they keep housing prices down.

Should we ignore other laws that are broken by "good people"?
If I get caught for speeding, should I expect "I'm a good person" to be a legitimate defense?

Me: "Officer, I didn't hurt anyone. I work a thankless job, that most people wouldn't have. You can't enforce the speeding laws on me! I pay my bills and mind my business. IF you give me a ticket, it would be hurting a really good person".

Officer: "You shouldn't have been speeding. Sign here please".

Can you imagine a police chief saying to his officers: "We no longer are going to enforce speeding laws. The tickets are hurting too many really good people"

I realize speeding is different from illegal immigration. But the point is, we can't dismiss laws, because "nice people" might be impacted.
2/18/17 10:21 am

Post Cojak
[quote="skinnybishop"]People don't want to enforce immigration based on the belief that "decent, hardworking people are going to be hurt".
... quote]

We are a little distracted. The preacher is not to enforce immigration, that is a job for the law. The preacher would not sit on the street and call in tag numbers of speeders (I don't think). Now if someone almost kills someone as a reckless driver, that is different. If an illegal steals from the cars in the church parking lot,YES he should be dealt with and reported.

BUT this situation has been caused (allowed) by our government (both R & D), Now the Government must mind the answer, and I hope a logical answer is found soon. Cool

Just my opinion! Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/18/17 9:44 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
The price increase of agricultural products would be so small nobody would notice it. Check out this link......

http://www.actscelerate.com/viewtopic.php?t=86848
2/19/17 7:54 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic