Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Thursday or Friday

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Thursday or Friday Ventureforth
Purple Barney's post about the Sabbath got me thinking. Shane mentioned the dates surrounding the resurrection. So I did some research to make sure I had the days and nights straight. "Be prepared to give an answer..." I wanted to be able to answer a critic's claim of contradictions. Most articles explained that the gospels were using a Hebrew idiom when they used the word "days" Jesus was in the tomb. Part of a day is counted as a full day. But one reference says "three days and three nights."
Now I tend to resist saying that idioms or figurative language are used when the context does not clearly indicate it. Still, they are used in the bible so it is not out of the question. I'm not saying they are a problem in and of themselves.
However, the article below gives a very compelling case for the days involved that does not rely on Hebrew idioms. It asserts that Christ was crucified on our Thursday- resurrected on Sunday. Notice how events line up with the Jewish holy days.

https://gracethrufaith.com/topical-studies/holidays-and-holy-days/solving-the-three-day-three-night-mystery/

Your opinion?
Acts-celerater
2/9/17 9:26 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Is this a bit like celebrating Christ's birth on Dec 25? Not many of us believe he was actually born on that day, but it is the day the Christian church has historically celebrated his birth.

Thursday?

Friday?

Wednesday?

He was crucified, and Hallelujah he arose..............
Acts-pert Poster
2/9/17 10:16 pm

Post Re: Thursday or Friday Nature Boy Florida
Ventureforth wrote:
Purple Barney's post about the Sabbath got me thinking. Shane mentioned the dates surrounding the resurrection. So I did some research to make sure I had the days and nights straight. "Be prepared to give an answer..." I wanted to be able to answer a critic's claim of contradictions. Most articles explained that the gospels were using a Hebrew idiom when they used the word "days" Jesus was in the tomb. Part of a day is counted as a full day. But one reference says "three days and three nights."
Now I tend to resist saying that idioms or figurative language are used when the context does not clearly indicate it. Still, they are used in the bible so it is not out of the question. I'm not saying they are a problem in and of themselves.
However, the article below gives a very compelling case for the days involved that does not rely on Hebrew idioms. It asserts that Christ was crucified on our Thursday- resurrected on Sunday. Notice how events line up with the Jewish holy days.

https://gracethrufaith.com/topical-studies/holidays-and-holy-days/solving-the-three-day-three-night-mystery/

Your opinion?

Thursday is good - I have also heard the case for Wednesday.

Pretty sure it wasn't Friday. That was probably a Pope putting that out there to prove that whatever he said - folks had to go along with it.

As someone with a math background - and I know God to be pretty mathematical himself - 1 1/2 days doesn't cut it with me.
2/10/17 7:46 am

Post Re: Thursday or Friday Ventureforth
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Ventureforth wrote:

Your opinion?

Thursday is good - I have also heard the case for Wednesday.

Pretty sure it wasn't Friday. That was probably a Pope putting that out there to prove that whatever he said - folks had to go along with it.

As someone with a math background - and I know God to be pretty mathematical himself - 1 1/2 days doesn't cut it with me.

I agree. One thing I found amazing was that with this time line, after Passover, Jesus, the Lamb of God, died on the Feast of Unleavened Bread, was in the tomb on both Sabbaths and rose on the Feast of the First Fruits. I generally don't commemorate the feast days (once in a while I do something just because I want to) but they do appear to have an application in the church age, at least symbolically. According to Kelley, His death lined up with Daniel 9:25 to the day. God is precise! I don't think I have heard about the special Sabbaths and I don't suspect others were taking them into account . But I would think they would need the year of Christ's death for the solar and lunar support.

Good topic looking toward Resurrection Sunday in April

!
Acts-celerater
2/10/17 7:25 pm

Post Brandon Bohannon
Not only that, but Pentecost was fulfilled to the day as well.

While we don't know the day or hour of Jesus' 2nd Coming, I do believe that we will know the signs and season. God is so intentional and Jesus so to-the-minute fulfilled the first four feasts in His 1st Advent that I am convinced that he'll fulfill the last three when He returns. Feast of Trumpets, Rosh Hashanah, and Yom Kippur (The Day of Atonement). It is God's clock and time table-- on earth as it is in heaven.

An interesting study is all of the things in the Bible that happen on the 15th of Aviv. God is THE God of order. He does not change! Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever. Cool stuff to ponder!
Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35; Acts 1:8
Acts-celerater
2/13/17 8:49 am

Post A book regarding feasts (L): Mark Ledbetter
Brandon Bohannon wrote:

While we don't know the day or hour of Jesus' 2nd Coming, I do believe that we will know the signs and season. God is so intentional and Jesus so to-the-minute fulfilled the first four feasts in His 1st Advent that I am convinced that he'll fulfill the last three when He returns. Feast of Trumpets, Rosh Hashanah, and Yom Kippur (The Day of Atonement). It is God's clock and time table-- on earth as it is in heaven.

An interesting study is all of the things in the Bible that happen on the 15th of Aviv. God is THE God of order. He does not change! Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever. Cool stuff to ponder!

Seasons and Signs of Messiah's Coming:
https://www.amazon.com/Seasons-Signs-Messiahs-Coming-Ledbetter-ebook/dp/B00TOX7L7E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487009655&sr=8-1&keywords=seasons+and+signs+of+messiah%27s+coming
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
2/13/17 1:15 pm

Post Ventureforth
Brandon Bohannon wrote:

Great points! I do notice that the first three feasts are grouped close together and basically began the church age. So perhaps the next 3 that are prominent for the church are grouped together and signal the end times.
These are difficult to ignore when you know the timing. God's been dropping hints (e.g. types and shadows) or plainly telling throughout history about what He's got planned. I've been reading Revelation. It's going to be big!!! Smile Smile

Quote:

And they sang a new song, saying,
“Worthy are you to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God
from every tribe and language and people and nation,
and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God,
and they shall reign on the earth.” Revelation 5:9-10
Acts-celerater
2/13/17 7:25 pm

Post Actually, there are 7 feasts Mark Ledbetter
The Spring Feasts begins with
Passover
Unleavened Bread
And on the 3rd Day, First Fruits

Pentecost concludes the Spring Feasts

The Fall Feasts:
    Feast of Trumpets (Rosh Hashanah)
    (10 days of Awe)
    Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur, heaven's gate closed at the last trump)

Feast of Tabernacles (Messiah's Reign on Earth)

Together they portray God's Redemptive Week.
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
2/13/17 7:56 pm

Post Re: Actually, there are 7 feasts Ventureforth
Mark Ledbetter wrote:
The Spring Feasts begins with
Passover
Unleavened Bread
And on the 3rd Day, First Fruits

Pentecost concludes the Spring Feasts

The Fall Feasts:
    Feast of Trumpets (Rosh Hashanah)
    (10 days of Awe)
    Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur, heaven's gate closed at the last trump)

Feast of Tabernacles (Messiah's Reign on Earth)

Together they portray God's Redemptive Week.

Ah, you're right. Thanks for the correction. And thanks for the info. Pentecost is right there in the middle. I've seen these illustrated using the Menorah. Very interesting!
Acts-celerater
2/13/17 9:02 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic