Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Holy Spirit not welcome in court (L)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Holy Spirit not welcome in court (L) Nature Boy Florida
What do you think of this?

Congresswoman found guilty - after the one juror that thought she was not guilty was kicked off the jury...because he said the Holy Spirit revealed to him she was not guilty.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2017-05-15/dismissed-juror-holy-spirit-said-corrine-brown-was-innocent
5/16/17 7:48 am

Post Re: Holy Spirit not welcome in court (L) Resident Skeptic
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

Congresswoman found guilty - after the one juror that thought she was not guilty was kicked off the jury...because he said the Holy Spirit revealed to him she was not guilty.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2017-05-15/dismissed-juror-holy-spirit-said-corrine-brown-was-innocent

The spirit that told her that was not holy.
5/16/17 8:29 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:

The juror dismissed was male.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/16/17 9:04 am

Post bonnie knox
I think the article writer must have consulted a oneness disciple to get the definition of Holy Spirit, "one of the manifestations of God."
Laughing
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/16/17 9:07 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
bonnie knox wrote:
I think the article writer must have consulted a oneness disciple to get the definition of Holy Spirit, "one of the manifestations of God."
Laughing

Certainly not a COG trained journalist.
5/16/17 9:16 am

Post Cojak
bonnie knox wrote:
Laughing

Certainly not a COG trained journalist.

Laughing Laughing
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/16/17 9:18 am

Post Resident Skeptic
bonnie knox wrote:
Laughing

That is not the "oneness" view of the Holy Spirit. We simply believe God is Spirit.
5/16/17 10:26 am

Post bonnie knox
Is the UPCI oneness?
This is their stated belief (emphasis mine):
There is one God, who has revealed Himself as our Father, in His Son Jesus Christ, and as the Holy Spirit.

Resident Skeptic wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:
Laughing

That is not the "oneness" view of the Holy Spirit. We simply believe God is Spirit.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/16/17 11:48 am

Post Re: Holy Spirit not welcome in court (L) Nature Boy Florida
Resident Skeptic wrote:

How would you know that?
5/16/17 12:11 pm

Post bonnie knox
It wasn't a wise thing to say when, obviously, a trial in a court of law in the US is for looking at what concrete evidence can be provided.
Jesus said to be wise as serpents, harmless as doves.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/16/17 12:16 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
bonnie knox wrote:
Is the UPCI oneness?
There is one God, who has revealed Himself as our Father, in His Son Jesus Christ, and as the Holy Spirit.

Resident Skeptic wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:
Laughing

"Revealed HIMSELF" is not the same as "manifestation of", which was what was cited as being a "oneness" belief. In scripture, his self-revelation is "Father, Son and Spirit". When one thinks of "three manifestations" they think of what is often ascribed (accurately or not) to Sibelius, that God "manifested" himself first as Father, then put on a Son mask, and later put on a dove suit. That teaching is not the Oneness doctrine.
5/16/17 1:28 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
bonnie knox wrote:
Laughing

Is the Rev Shane ThD in Jacksonville now?
Acts-pert Poster
5/16/17 3:52 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:
Laughing

Is the Rev Shane ThD in Jacksonville now?

He's Unitarian, not Oneness.
5/16/17 4:06 pm

Post bonnie knox
I understand revealing Himself to be the same as a manifestation. I didn't bring up Sibelius--you did. My understanding is that Sibellianism describes successive manifestations, and I did not mention that. I'm hardly concerned about the nuance of oneness, though a quick perusal of the Wikipedia article on it states about 3 different times that they believe God manifests himself as the Holy Spirit. I just know that the way the article worded it is not a Trinitarian way of wording it.
If you want to explain how that God revealing himself as the Holy Spirit is different from God manifesting himself as the Holy Spirit, carry on. Rest assured, I'm not here to debate what oneness doctrine actually is.

Resident Skeptic wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:
Is the UPCI oneness?

Resident Skeptic wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:
Laughing

"Revealed HIMSELF" is not the same as "manifestation of", which was what was cited as being a "oneness" belief. In scripture, his self-revelation is "Father, Son and Spirit". When one thinks of "three manifestations" they think of what is often ascribed (accurately or not) to Sibelius, that God "manifested" himself first as Father, then put on a Son mask, and later put on a dove suit. That teaching is not the Oneness doctrine.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/16/17 4:21 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
bonnie knox wrote:
I understand revealing Himself to be the same as a manifestation. I didn't bring up Sibelius--you did. My understanding is that Sibellianism describes successive manifestations, and I did not mention that. I'm hardly concerned about the nuance of oneness, though a quick perusal of the Wikipedia article on it states about 3 different times that they believe God manifests himself as the Holy Spirit. I just know that the way the article worded it is not a Trinitarian way of wording it.
If you want to explain how that God revealing himself as the Holy Spirit is different from God manifesting himself as the Holy Spirit, carry on. Rest assured, I'm not here to debate what oneness doctrine actually is.

Resident Skeptic wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:
Is the UPCI oneness?

Resident Skeptic wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:
Laughing

"Self Revelation" is what reveals about himself in the written word, not some form he takes at a certain time. God is Spirit, always has been, always will be. Granted, the news story cited in the OP referred to someone's misinterpretation of the doctrine of the Trinity, and it was in error. Trinitarianism also affirms that God has eternally existed as Spirit, but that his existence as Spirit only constitutes one of three simultaneous existences of God. Oneness teaches that The Spirit is not a separate "person" of God, apart from the Father, but that the Spirit is the Father (God). "Father" is what God is in relation to us. Spirit is the type of being he is.

Quote:
Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. (Matthew 1:18)

Whose child was Mary pregnant with? The child of the Holy Ghost (the Father of Jesus Christ. )

In John 4, Jesus speaks of the Spirit coming to dwell within mens' hearts as "a fountain of living water". Jesus further prophesies that the day the Spirit comes to dwell within men will usher in a new form of worship of the Father...

Quote:
21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

The day the Spirit comes to dwell within the hearts of men will enable the Father (God) to be worshipped in truth , in Spirit. Why must he be worshipped "in Spirit"? Because....

Quote:
God (the Father that will be worshipped in Spirit) IS Spirit..." (verse 24)

The Spirit that Jesus prophesies that men will receive is the same Spirit he refers to in verse 24, in reference to God his Father.
5/16/17 5:02 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Back to the original post...

What do you think of the original comments from the news piece?

Hearing from the Holy Spirit is mocked and ridiculed...viciously.

Perhaps this chap did miss it on what he heard....but would an actual revelation from the Holy Spirit also be mocked and ridiculed.

I believe it would.

And I believe it would be equally mocked by Christians - just as the Baptists did to us 40 years ago.
5/17/17 9:31 am

Post diakoneo

Perhaps this chap did miss it on what he heard....but would an actual revelation from the Holy Spirit also be mocked and ridiculed.

I believe it would.

And I believe it would be equally mocked by Christians - just as the Baptists did to us 40 years ago.

I think you are right, but I don't think this woman helps the cause much. God's people's lack of wisdom has caused much grief. God is not the author of confusion but of peace. Much of what Pentecostals have perpetrated in the name of the Holy Spirit has caused confusion and not peace.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/17/17 9:50 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
diakoneo wrote:

I believe it would.

I think you are right, but I don't think this woman helps the cause much. God's people's lack of wisdom has caused much grief. God is not the author of confusion but of peace. Much of what Pentecostals have perpetrated in the name of the Holy Spirit has caused confusion and not peace.

Oh, I agree.
Corrine Brown is guilty as can be.
Unfortunately, she is probably the norm in Washington, not the exception - she just wasn't as smart as most. All of them turn into millionaires after a few years.

But the Holy Spirit would probably be mocked anyway.

And using it to claim innocence when the facts speak otherwise is sad.
5/17/17 9:57 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Could the Holy Spirit have been wrong? Acts-pert Poster
5/17/17 11:51 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Could the Holy Spirit have been wrong?

No.
5/17/17 12:00 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic