Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Methocostal
Thanks for pointing out my oversight. Perhaps the law determined it was just rumour. Believe me, church gossip can be absolutely horrific, so that is not out of the realm of possibility either.

I would still consult an attorney to be sure. Perhaps the perpetrator is a friend to the police or whatever. There can be so many alternatives from perfectly innocent to horrific.

Something doesn't smell right if authroities were notified and nothing happened. Makes me suspect Church gossip mill, but who knows.

I discovered that I had supposedly been brought into the Church financial position to help launder money for the President's drug smuggling. Absurd, absolutely. A Fantastically crazy rumour, so, yes, I do think church gossip is entirely possible to accuse someone of horrible acts and may have zero basis in fact. Also, per gossip, I had an affair with my middle age "matronly" secretary when I was 29 and she was 47. LOL. I was disappointed they accused me of having an affair with this rather unattractive lady when I had a cute 24 year old blonde assistant in my office. That didn't say much for my taste or attractiveness. LOL. Well, you have to look at the humourous side of things. But, I digress. Did I say I'm ADD Smile

But, the ramifications are so extreme if the rumour is not rumour but fact, I would still consult an attorney to be sure. There can be several reasons law enforcement has not acted, not the least of which it could have been lost in the maize. Absurd, but entirely possible.

bonnie knox wrote:
Methocostal, in the scenario proposed, the law was informed:

Quote:
Let say in this scenario. A report was made to police and then state office to make them aware of the issues.
Friendly Face
1/27/17 5:01 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
Something doesn't smell right if authroities were notified and nothing happened.

Sometimes it's as simple as statute of limitations, settlement out of court, or something like that.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/27/17 5:13 pm

Post bonnie knox
I thought I would like to put this at the top of the page where it might be better noticed. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/28/17 12:37 am

Post auburntigerpastor
///

Last edited by auburntigerpastor on 3/26/18 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
1/31/17 11:38 am

Post auburntigerpastor
////

Last edited by auburntigerpastor on 3/26/18 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
1/31/17 11:43 am

Post bonnie knox
If money went missing to pay for a settlement, that should be exposed--one way or another. If the COG officials are not willing to deal with it, a little sunlight might disinfect things.

auburntigerpastor wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:
Something doesn't smell right if authroities were notified and nothing happened.

Sometimes it's as simple as statute of limitations, settlement out of court, or something like that.

Settlement in this scenario could be a possibility money could have went missing around that time that could explain things especially if an audit occurred.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/31/17 12:23 pm

Post auburntigerpastor
////

Last edited by auburntigerpastor on 3/26/18 11:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
2/1/17 12:58 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
But still the situation is hairy because it involves minors and Mandatory reporting laws. No settlement overrides the duty of reporting and people still May not be out of the clear.

That bears repeating! A settlement without complying with mandatory reporting is a COVER-UP! The church should not be in the business of covering up and protecting perps who may go on to have more victims. And we shouldn't have to have laws to tell us that.
And no money going out of a church for any reason should be hidden from the congregation who is supplying the money.

(*edited to correct typo: "should have to have laws" to "shouldn't have to have laws")

Last edited by bonnie knox on 2/15/17 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/1/17 1:03 pm

Post auburntigerpastor
////

Last edited by auburntigerpastor on 3/26/18 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
2/1/17 2:12 pm

Post auburntigerpastor
////

Last edited by auburntigerpastor on 3/26/18 11:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
2/1/17 3:11 pm

Post auburntigerpastor
Delete New Member
2/1/17 3:14 pm

Post auburntigerpastor
/////

Last edited by auburntigerpastor on 3/26/18 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
2/1/17 5:54 pm

Post Cojak
I will be up front, I am confused. I cannot handle 'scenarios' that represent real happenings. when I do not know the facts.

But the fact is unless one wants to be known as the guy who brought our beloved bro John Smith down, he had better resign and head for other pastures. then call in an anonymous report from a pay phone (if there is such a thing anymore). Embarassed Embarassed Wink
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/1/17 11:41 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
auburntigerpastor wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Physical or sexual abuse needs to be reported to the authorities. I mean, the police. It is a legal matter.

The Church of God has a legal department. There are several divisions that it has information about.
http://www.churchofgod.org/legal-services

Child molestation/sexual abuse
http://www.churchofgod.org/legal-services/child-abuse-molestation

I think, though, you are asking how to protect YOUR job. Maybe you should call the good folks at the legal department. I'm not sure at what point you would go over the senior pastor's head to contact the state overseer, but you can be pretty sure if you do that, your job is toast. Pastors?

Thanks Carolyn, toast is right... how do we change it I have seen folks caught in open affairs treated better than those with valid concerns about child safety . Also I feel a lot of the contact numbers in the church of God is to protect the denomination not people who come forward since property is deeded to the organization and Lawsuits can come to state and Cleveland from a local level issue. I think times are changing and we as an organization need to rethink how these issues are handled no offense to the overseers they are all great people I just feel they have. responsibilities that are over there head and training for this would be beneficial for all

I can't say I disagree with you. Maybe you need to contact someone like Bill Isaacs who is there as a mentor to pastors. Contact the Legal Dept anonymously or get your own attorney.

At the end of the day, pastors and overseers are men with feet of clay like the rest of us. Sometimes they get caught up in the political machine and forget why we are doing this. But may I remind you that the children ARE the very reason we are doing this? Jesus said if we offend one of these little ones it is better that a millstone be hung around our neck and we are cast into the middle of the sea. You are doing the right thing. It might cost you your job, but perhaps you will be the one that causes a catalyst for change. Listen to the Lord and obey Him, and whatever happens, happens. At least then you lay your head down on your pillow at night and know you did what you had to do. It might be hard, but God will honor that if you do it for the right reasons.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/2/17 6:59 am

Post ####### Childshepherd
#######

Last edited by Childshepherd on 3/26/18 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
2/10/17 11:07 pm

Post Re: contact EEOC Cojak
Childshepherd wrote:
What it sounds like to me is you need to contact the E.E.O.C (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission). You very well could be a victim of what they call a retaliation fire even if they have not fired you yet.That is the jurisdiction they operate in. You have 300 days to file. If state office is involved they could be in it for the long haul. The Catholic Church had some issues with their patriarchal schools firing teachers and tried to use the ecclesiastical clause to get out of it. Big mistake child welfare takes priority over any ecclesiastical law and the eeoc knows what to do.

Sounds like some useful information CS.

BTW welcome aboard.......
2/11/17 10:49 am

Post Childshepherd
#######

Last edited by Childshepherd on 3/26/18 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
2/11/17 2:51 pm

Post Cojak
Childshepherd wrote:
... thanks for your service in keeping children safe. Just plain aweful.

I understand the need to get something out in the open. But I am in the dark, as I assume many on this forum are. I was sure this was a scenario depicting a real happening. What state are we talking here?

I pray that right prevails, but it is hard to know from where I sit. My prayers are for His Will to prevail. Confused Sad
2/11/17 7:43 pm

Post Childshepherd
#######

Last edited by Childshepherd on 3/26/18 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
2/14/17 3:32 pm

Post gossip? wayne
As a Pastor, DO and member of the CoG, These threads irritate me to no end. This secretive talk about what happened in a church blah blah blah is simply gossip at this point. If this story is legit and if you truly went to all the leadership in the CoG and if you went to the authorities...then let them handle it.

***I'd be interested to hear from Brad Freeman on this thread. What should be done in this situation.***

I have heard of 2 situations in my church where a minor was involved. First and foremost, I alerted the authorities immediately and then I contacted my CoG leadership. CoG leadership are NOT above the law. I stayed in contact with the authorities and did whatever they told me to do until the investigation was done and I received an all clear from the police.

***I was counseled by the police to not talk about the situation with too many people as they may all be called into court to speak about the situation.***
Acts Enthusiast
2/15/17 8:35 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic