Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

????
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post ???? auburntigerpastor
////

Last edited by auburntigerpastor on 3/26/18 11:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
1/25/17 3:32 pm

Post diakoneo
Quote:
Also if a church in question is distressed and the state is doing less than well financialy would they cover up potentially harmful things in order to not have to pay a mortgage?

Huh?

Are you asking if a church is in financial trouble and the state in which the church is in financial trouble, will the state office cover up indiscretions within the office to keep from paying the mortgage owed by the local church?

I can't follow that line of reasoning. Why would that matter?
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/25/17 5:40 pm

Post Cojak
There isn't a future for Whistle blowers it seems. Either in Business, government or church.
It isn't a bad idea of course, but in reality the WB, no matter his honest act, usually gets he throat cut. (Metaphorically of course)
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/25/17 6:06 pm

Post auburntigerpastor
///

Last edited by auburntigerpastor on 3/26/18 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
1/25/17 6:19 pm

Post Cojak
auburntigerpastor wrote:

Church of God churches are deeded to the denomination when defaults occur usually the organization takes over payments out of obligation of debt.

True dat, and yes some times rules are bent by state overseers who see no other way out. Some folk in NC know of at least one where the rules were bent for as long as possible, and finally let the church go, stock barrel and bullets (and debt). Embarassed
1/25/17 6:27 pm

Post auburntigerpastor
//////

Last edited by auburntigerpastor on 3/26/18 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
1/25/17 7:31 pm

Post //// auburntigerpastor
///////

Last edited by auburntigerpastor on 3/26/18 11:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
1/26/17 12:55 pm

Post bonnie knox
Are you talking about sexual abuse of children? Or physical abuse?
This can NOT be hidden because it puts other children at risk!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you inform law enforcement of the abuse?
Parents have a right to know if there is someone who is in the congregation who has abused kids.
Anyone who tries to sweep this under the rug is being naïve at best and possibly more concerned with the image of the church than with the victims.
Hopefully someone in the Church of God will help you know what actions to take.
If you are not getting satisfaction from the Church of God, you might try emailing and asking advice from the ladies at the Wartburg Watch Blog. They have dealt with churches which have tried to cover abuse and can very likely give you good advice on how to proceed.
http://thewartburgwatch.com/about-us-contacting-us/
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/26/17 1:07 pm

Post Re: Here's a scenario Old Time Country Preacher
auburntigerpastor wrote:
You know at this point there is work place harassment taking place how do you handle it

When all else fails, post the names, yep, all the names, on Acts. The AMU will address it.

AMU?

Actscelerate Militia Unit
Acts-pert Poster
1/26/17 3:17 pm

Post bonnie knox
Here is an organization that deals with how to respond to abuse. There may be helpful info there in general, but I'm concerned if a state overseer has been alerted to an abuse cover up and has done nothing about it.
http://www.netgrace.org/
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/26/17 7:35 pm

Post Cojak
bonnie knox wrote:
Are you talking about sexual abuse of children? Or physical abuse?...

I am not positive, but isn't there a law in place that if not reported, it is a felony or serious misdemeanor in both cases of abuse? If it was sexual abuse me and the pastor leaders would be having some serious discussions about the law, since I ( the children's leader) now KNOW of the situation. That could hurt! Embarassed
1/26/17 7:53 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Physical or sexual abuse needs to be reported to the authorities. I mean, the police. It is a legal matter.

The Church of God has a legal department. There are several divisions that it has information about.
http://www.churchofgod.org/legal-services

Child molestation/sexual abuse
http://www.churchofgod.org/legal-services/child-abuse-molestation

I think, though, you are asking how to protect YOUR job. Maybe you should call the good folks at the legal department. I'm not sure at what point you would go over the senior pastor's head to contact the state overseer, but you can be pretty sure if you do that, your job is toast. Pastors?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/26/17 8:03 pm

Post bonnie knox
Bump. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/27/17 9:35 am

Post auburntigerpastor
///

Last edited by auburntigerpastor on 3/26/18 11:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
1/27/17 10:06 am

Post Here you go wayne
auburntigerpastor wrote:
Let say in this scenario. A report was made to police and then state office to make them aware of the issues. But to add spice to the discussion what do you do when 2 members of your church work in said state office. Can't just walk though the front door.

Call Cleveland directly and speak to the attorney at Phone: (423) 472-3361 and tell them what's going on.
Acts Enthusiast
1/27/17 10:59 am

Post bonnie knox
auburntigerpastor, check your pm's. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/27/17 11:49 am

Post Re: Here's a scenario Methocostal
I bring up two situations.

1. The Catholic Church
2. Joe Paterno and Pitt State

The Pitt State situation cost literally almost $200 Million. Yes, million. Most of that was legal fees, fines, etc. Not counting the negative publicity.

There is a time that reporting directly to law enforcement is required, regardless of the publicity before it gets even worse! You don't want to be part of the problem and be sent to prison for coverup.

See an ATTORNEY IMMEDIATELY. This board is NOT the source for being a legal authority on child abuse. This is bigger than Church hierarchy. Do you want to be a minister or a to have a jail ministry with your flock in the next cell?

RUN DONT WALK to your attorney. It can't be hear se, etc or you could be subject to law suits. Failure to report crime could put you in jail (I think). ATTORNEYS are who you should consult, NOT fellow preachers.

I'm sorry, but this is a mess and it will be a mess to get out of it. But be part of the solution, not part of the problem!

auburntigerpastor wrote:
For sake of discussion I am going to present a scenario I would like to know what is the Godly course of action in the church of God. Let's assume you are a newly hired childrens pastor. You discover upon arrival that there has been abuse in your department from before your arrival not under your watch. You report said abuses to your executive and senior pastor. You discover it is a former employee who still attends the church ands family is still invovled in elder church leadership. They tell you that the situation is handled as time passes you discover more indiscretions in the children's department and there is a leader who refuses to work with another leader because of the abuse allegations. You follow legal protocol as a person who works with minors. You report also to your executive and senior pastor. The next week 2 elders 1 related to the culprit the other with a very vested interest in keeping the abuse unreported are now your kids church supervisors and start harassing you. What are you to do? You know at this point there is work place harassment taking place how do you handle it
Friendly Face
1/27/17 4:35 pm

Post Methocostal
This is WAY past whatever a State Overseer thinks.

Think Catholic Church! It may have been reported to the State Overseer. It doesn't matter. If nothing has happened, it is time to go directly to law authorities.

But I would consult an legal counsel -- IMMEDIATELY

bonnie knox wrote:
Here is an organization that deals with how to respond to abuse. There may be helpful info there in general, but I'm concerned if a state overseer has been alerted to an abuse cover up and has done nothing about it.
http://www.netgrace.org/
Friendly Face
1/27/17 4:39 pm

Post Methocostal
That is true, BUT. If this is as implied, these are serious issues that must be addressed, whistleblower or not, career jeopardy or not.

Unless one doesn't mind going to jail because someone else broke the law.

Cojak wrote:
There isn't a future for Whistle blowers it seems. Either in Business, government or church.
It isn't a bad idea of course, but in reality the WB, no matter his honest act, usually gets he throat cut. (Metaphorically of course)
Friendly Face
1/27/17 4:41 pm

Post bonnie knox
Methocostal, in the scenario proposed, the law was informed:

Quote:
Let say in this scenario. A report was made to police and then state office to make them aware of the issues.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/27/17 4:43 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic