Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

New Administrative Bishop for Alabama
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post New Administrative Bishop for Alabama diakoneo
Quote:
CLEVELAND, TN: The Church of God International Executive Committee today announced the appointment of Dr. O. Wayne Brewer to serve as the Director of Men�s Discipleship for the denomination, while his wife, Pam Brewer, will become the director of Women�s Discipleship. The appointments will be effective February 1, 2017.
The Brewers bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to their newly appointed positions, having served as pastors � and for the past eleven years in state offices where Dr. Brewer has been State Overseer in Alabama, Eastern North Carolina, Heartland Region, and Northern New England.
�Some 30 years ago, Pam and I begin our ministry in discipleship training as a part of a pastoral team. For us to be able to come back to Cleveland and concentrate on discipleship ministry for the denomination is a great honor for us both,� stated O. Wayne Brewer. Pam Brewer added: �There is nothing that Wayne and I enjoy more than training ministers and laity to fulfill their calling as victorious believers. Our new positions give us the opportunity to do that on a global basis. We could not be more excited.�
In making the announcement, Dr. Timothy M. Hill, General Overseer of the Church of God noted, �The Brewers are an incredible ministry team. Both are anointed speakers and gifted leaders. We are delighted that they have agreed to join the headquarters family to lead the Discipleship Ministries for the Church of God. I am confident that they will help us in our FINISH Commitment to the Great Commission.�
Dr. Brewer attended Lee University, the Pentecostal Theological Seminary, and holds a D. Min. in Church Renewal and Church Growth from Fuller Theological Seminary. Pam Brewer, an ordained minister, is a graduate of Lee University and Mid-America Christian University.
January 10, 2017

Quote:
January 10, 2017

CLEVELAND, TN: The Church of God International Executive Committee today announced the appointment of Rev. Terry Hart to serve as the Administrative Bishop/State Overseer of Alabama. Hart�s appointment will be effective February 1, 2017.
For the past six years, Hart has served as Director of Publications for the Church of God Publishing House. Prior to going to the Publishing House as the chief executive officer, Hart served as State Overseer in Mississippi and Arkansas. He also has a long history of serving the Church of God as a State Director of Youth and Discipleship, having worked in seven states over 24 years. He attended Northwest Bible College, Lee University and the Pentecostal Theological Seminary.
�The Executive Committee and I are grateful to Bro. Hart for his commitment to serve the church as the State Overseer in Alabama. In a difficult time for the printing industry, Terry assumed the reigns of the Publishing House and has worked to make it viable in a time when digital media has become the rage. Because of his tenacity, as well as his dedicated service to the Church of God, Alabama is blessed to have Terry and Ora Hart as their new leaders. There is no doubt that God will do great things through their ministry in Alabama,� stated Dr. Timothy M. Hill, General Overseer of the Church of God.
Hart expressed excitement about his new appointment: �I am overwhelmed with the confidence that the Executive Committee has placed in me by appointing me as the State Overseer of Alabama. After having spent 30 years in state work, my desire has been to return to that level of ministry. To be able to work with the great folks in Alabama is a fulfillment of the prayers that Ora and I have been praying. I look forward to working with all the great churches, ministers, and laity in Alabama to fulfill the Great Commission as a part of the FINISH Commitment.�
Hart replaces outgoing Administrative Bishop O. Wayne Brewer. Dr. Brewer has been appointed by the Church of God Executive Committee to serve as the director of Men�s Discipleship for the denomination, while his wife, Pam, will become the director of Women�s Discipleship.
Church of God News
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/11/17 1:02 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
I don't keep up with this kind of thing...but...

Didn't Brewer just get to Alabama?

Are the people of Alabama such hayseeds that when a new guy gets there - he wants to leave immediately? Twisted Evil
1/11/17 2:48 pm

Post bonnie knox
They have to move quickly to stay ahead of the gossip on Acts.

Nature Boy Florida wrote:

Are the people of Alabama such hayseeds that when a new guy gets there - he wants to leave immediately? Twisted Evil
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/11/17 2:57 pm

Post georgiapath
Sure am glad I have a real job with real work to do, and don't have to make my living sucking up to big shots. I wouldn't be good at it, at all. Acts-dicted
1/11/17 3:11 pm

Post diakoneo

Yes, just got here. He did all the meet and greets.

I thought he was going to be an outstanding overseer and was very much looking forward to his tenure.

Call me confused and disappointed Confused
1/11/17 3:25 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Probably took the job before he knew Travis was coming to Alabama.

When he found out, he took the first train out.

I know I would. Twisted Evil
1/11/17 3:42 pm

Post philunderwood

Shocked

Discover More...
http://www.refocusing.org

A Mission in Formation
www.bluewaterinthekeys.com
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
1/11/17 5:29 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
The Brewers are some of the finest folks I've ever met...the real deal...much beloved in ENC where they finished up four years last August.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/11/17 10:45 pm

Post caveator
georgiapath wrote:
Sure am glad I have a real job with real work to do, and don't have to make my living sucking up to big shots. I wouldn't be good at it, at all.

I should probably ignore this post like everyone else. However, your posts reveal a very bitter heart. Do you profess to be a Christian? Do you attend a Church of God church? I am genuinely praying for God to soften your heart from whatever has made you so bitter toward ministry and leadership.
Acts-celerater
1/12/17 8:28 am

Post Where has AB Hart pastored? roughridercog
I know he has been in state work. What about pastoral ministry?
1/12/17 9:33 pm

Post Re: Where has AB Hart pastored? Carolyn Smith
roughridercog wrote:
I know he has been in state work. What about pastoral ministry?

Interesting...his bio above does not mention pastoral work. He grew up in COG parsonages, though, as we know, since his dad was a pastor and leader in the COG.
1/12/17 10:53 pm

Post Cojak
I know one overseer who left the position to go back, to pastoral work within a month of landing in the position. We talked personally and there were a lot of rumors, he told me it was personal. His son had gotten into deep trouble and it would look bad on the COG and the ministry.

He was hurt very deeply, the real reason he left never did come out and he was very pleased. He took the brunt of the 'JUST COULD NOT STAND THE HEAT' from his peers and brothers/sisters in Christ.

One may never know, maybe. somethings need not be known. Since i do not know Brother Brewer personally, I probably never will know. And that is fine with me.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/12/17 11:24 pm

Post Cojak
philunderwood wrote:

Shocked

Ah Phil, you know NBF, what do you call it 'SATIRE' or just his sense of humor. He and Travis are Cool! Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/12/17 11:28 pm

Post diakoneo
WHY?

That is the question I have for Dr. Brewer (when I can get him on the phone)

Why?

That is the question I have for Bishop Hill (when I can get him or anyone else on the executive committee on the phone)

Do we deserve an answer???

Do Church of God pastors deserve a logical answer to this? I think we do.

I know some on here have said that the AB is not the pastor's pastor. Well I disagree. If he is not that, then what is he? And if he is that don't we deserve some answers?
1/12/17 11:42 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Dr Brewer has been asked by the Executive Committee to take another appointment. Do you really say no to something like that?

Because one AB made a decision to return to pastoring (so I'm gathering from this thread) there has been a trickle down effect that affects many others.

If it affects you directly (such as, you pastor in AL), I can understand your wanting an answer, but aside from that, I don't see why HQ would feel compelled to give more than broad answers. There probably are some things we don't all need to know.

Hopefully you can get some answers, diakoneo. From what I know of Dr Brewer, he will be straight with you.
1/13/17 12:23 am

Post Simple. Judah4Him
That simple. Domino effect.

Indiana Overseer to Plant City COG

Gosnell to IN

Brewer to Gosnell Discipleship positions

Terry Hart to Brewer Alabama post

Wayne Dority to Pathway, and this allows them to eliminate the cross cultural position created a few years back to hold outgoing overseers.

I will say as far as Alabama goes--- Pathway, Oak Park, & Sumiton (3 of our largest churches) have been given to out of state guys since Brewer came. That never garners much popularity with pastors for an overseer in Dixie.
Friendly Face
1/13/17 8:34 am

Post Re: Simple. diakoneo
Judah4Him wrote:
That simple. Domino effect.

Indiana Overseer to Plant City COG

Gosnell to IN

Brewer to Gosnell Discipleship positions

Terry Hart to Brewer Alabama post

Wayne Dority to Pathway, and this allows them to eliminate the cross cultural position created a few years back to hold outgoing overseers.

I will say as far as Alabama goes--- Pathway, Oak Park, & Sumiton (3 of our largest churches) have been given to out of state guys since Brewer came. That never garners much popularity with pastors for an overseer in Dixie.

So politics as usual then?
1/13/17 9:05 am

Post Judah4Him
We know there are politics in any organization with hierarchy...the COG has many levels of leadership. Of course, there are politics. One would be stupidly naive to think otherwise. That's not necessarily bad, it just is what it is.

I think this particular situation is a win for all of these folks involved, in my opinion. Indiana getting a great overseer, and Gosnell may have been ready to go back on the field. The Brewers will be very good in this capacity--- I've heard she has said they had actually prayed for such a position for years. The Harts are among the finest, and Alabama will embrace them. Wayne is a proven leader and great with finances--- he was well loved in Texas and Ohio. He will do fine at Pathway, and this allowed them to eliminate a non-essential position.

I think this entire plan shows the wisdom and seasoning of the committee we elected at this past Assembly. I am very pleased with their leadership thus far. Good men.
Friendly Face
1/13/17 9:13 am

Post SouthGeorgiaBoy
Bishop Brewers tenure as an overseer would be over at the next Assembly. He would have to move at that time. Since the trickle down effect is in motion with Indiana being open and D Gosnell taking that position, then it would seem logical for the Brewers to take the position now even though he has been in Alabama a short time. This position would be filled by someone else if he did not take it therefore leaving him without a guaranteed place to land. He is gifted in discipleship and education and will do well there. Acts Enthusiast
1/13/17 12:47 pm

Post Judah4Him
This makes a LOT of sense... Friendly Face
1/13/17 12:57 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic