Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Potential Major Leadership Shuffle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I said maybe aprilmay2.0
I said the grass may be greener or it may be blue grass. That means maybe. And maybe I was just referencing the greatest wrestler of all time Dusty Rhodes.

And maybe... Nature boy don't know (insert word) either because he initially said "to those of us in the know this is old news"

So i was a bit off. thats not a big deal is it?
Friendly Face
1/11/17 1:00 pm

Post Re: I said maybe georgiapath
aprilmay2.0 wrote:
I said the grass may be greener or it may be blue grass. That means maybe. And maybe I was just referencing the greatest wrestler of all time Dusty Rhodes.

And maybe... Nature boy don't know (insert word) either because he initially said "to those of us in the know this is old news"

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Acts-dicted
1/11/17 1:40 pm

Post Re: I said maybe wayne
aprilmay2.0 wrote:

AprilMay2.0,
Yes it is a big deal! Have you ever stopped to think about how these rumors impact the families of these Bishops? A Bishop you refer to starts getting a number of phone calls asking if he is going to be moving to ...... Families hear about this and question husband/dad AB are we moving to ....... Pastors/friends in that state start calling wondering if the AB is moving. What impact do these lies have on the relationships of these people.
Acts Enthusiast
1/11/17 2:49 pm

Post Re: I said maybe Old Time Country Preacher
wayne wrote:
Pastors/friends in that state start calling wondering if the AB is moving. What impact do these lies have on the relationships of these people.

Ats right, folk done commenced callin me an momma durin all this shuffle wantin to know if we was a leavin town.
Acts-pert Poster
1/11/17 3:42 pm

Post Wayne/April May AussieRain
Quote:
Yes it is a big deal! Have you ever stopped to think about how these rumors impact the families of these Bishops? A Bishop you refer to starts getting a number of phone calls asking if he is going to be moving to ...... Families hear about this and question husband/dad AB are we moving to ....... Pastors/friends in that state start calling wondering if the AB is moving. What impact do these lies have on the relationships of these people.

No he/they doesn't/don't. He/they come(s) on once a quarter with what they think is juicy gossip and posts it on here. Then once the fur flies and they get called out on it they walk it back, apologize, and don't show up for a while until the next shuffle. Then it's lather, rinse, repeat.

AprilMay, you need to do some soul searching. This is not fantasy. This is not a game. "Maybe" you should do your speculation in private and not on a public forum. These aren't celebrities on a tabloid newspaper. These are real people with real families trying to do kingdom work. And you hide behind a pen name and gossip, not to mention people you have attacked in the past.

My understanding of what Doyle intended with the pen names was so people who have been hurt could talk about what happened to them without fear of retribution. I don't think he meant it to be a way to attack others. Your act has been old for some time.
Friendly Face
1/11/17 4:39 pm

Post can't win for losing aprilmay2.0
you know you people are the worst. IF leadership tries to hide the changes and job switches y'all get bent out of shape and mad. Then if stuff gets exposed, y'all get mad at the whistle blower.

Secondly, getting lost in all this is the reason for the changes. Why is the Alabama AB leaving? and why is EC managing pathway? Why did the IN AB decide he wanted to pastor again?

Dont be a sheep that blindly accepts what is fed to you.
Friendly Face
1/11/17 6:40 pm

Post Re: can't win for losing wayne
aprilmay2.0 wrote:
you know you people are the worst. IF leadership tries to hide the changes and job switches y'all get bent out of shape and mad. Then if stuff gets exposed, y'all get mad at the whistle blower.

Secondly, getting lost in all this is the reason for the changes. Why is the Alabama AB leaving? and why is EC managing pathway? Why did the IN AB decide he wanted to pastor again?

aprilmay2.0,
How about calling these people before secretively posting that you heard something. I have had questions and called many leaders of the CoG and received correct and straightforward answers.

Look, I see coming on here under a secret name and talking about things the have happened to you and even then you should take your complaint up the chain but this may be too much.
Acts Enthusiast
1/12/17 10:26 am

Post March (along) April May AussieRain
Quote:

You aren't a whistleblower, you aren't a freedom fighter, you're a troll. And before you start griping to Doyle about name calling, (another one of your favorite tactics), you have correctly identified yourself as such in the past.

Most "whistleblowers" bring correct, inside information about some terrible greievance, not a shuffle of leadership positions. Whistleblowers also don't bring their personal grudges to the table as you have done so many times. You aren't a whistleblower - you're thinking too highly of yourself, and you aren't acting like a brother or sister in Christ.

And hey, if you think we are "the worst," you're welcome to leave. I'm pretty sure no one likes how you act anyway.
Friendly Face
1/12/17 10:52 am

Post Re: Announcement Mark Knight
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Mark Knight wrote:
I haven't been on this site in forever, however I was contacted by someone about this post. So I will say this as of 5 minutes ago our AB has not been notified, contacted, or ask, by any of the 5 major prophets or God Himself about going anywhere. He and the First Lady ask to come back to Ky.

That is all! Carry on!

He told me the Pope had contacted him and asked him if was interested in a swap with one of the bishops at the Vatican. He said he was thinking it over, but his Italian was a little weak.

I'll keep you informed of any updates on that.

Alright Tom Thank You! Very Happy
1/12/17 11:23 am

Post every great person aprilmay2.0
faces opposition. I am facing it now from some of you on this board. I feel like president obama. Great person, great legacy and yet slighted and maligned by so many.

I almost left and deleted my account when AussieRain started calling me names, but I remembered that they called Jesus names and Paul was persecuted so I will stay this course.

Also, as long as I:
1. don't call people names
2. get most of my info correct and leave it ambiguous enough not to attach it to a specific person
3. keep posting topic that yield 2200 clicks like this one.

Im not getting banned. Since Im not leaving and not getting punished, y'all will just have to deal with it.

blessings
Friendly Face
1/12/17 1:47 pm

Post Re: every great person Nature Boy Florida
aprilmay2.0 wrote:
I feel like president obama.

I think of you in the same way I think of Obama - that I can tell you.
1/12/17 3:29 pm

Post Re: every great person Kyle Morrow
aprilmay2.0 wrote:
faces opposition. I am facing it now from some of you on this board. I feel like president obama. Great person, great legacy and yet slighted and maligned by so many.

I almost left and deleted my account when AussieRain started calling me names, but I remembered that they called Jesus names and Paul was persecuted so I will stay this course.

Also, as long as I:
1. don't call people names
2. get most of my info correct and leave it ambiguous enough not to attach it to a specific person
3. keep posting topic that yield 2200 clicks like this one.

Im not getting banned. Since Im not leaving and not getting punished, y'all will just have to deal with it.

blessings

I haven't posted on here in a long time, and probably shouldn't now. However, you are not facing opposition. I am not certain you know what opposition is. All we see is an alias. Noone is attacking you, but are questioning the validity of faceless screenname. When you pastor your church, or attend your next state meeting, you will not face repurcusions from what you post because noone knows who you are. The people you alluded to, however, did have to face questions regarding your untrue assumptions.

Also, I don't know how many are impressed that your thread received 2200 clicks, as we all know that rumors are usually more popular than truth.
1/12/17 3:49 pm

Post AussieRain
Quote:
I almost left and deleted my account when AussieRain started calling me names

Thanks for making me a prophet, or someone who just really knows you and your ways.

Quote:
you're a troll. And before you start griping to Doyle about name calling, (another one of your favorite tactics), you have correctly identified yourself as such in the past.
Friendly Face
1/12/17 5:03 pm

Post Re: It all makes sense.... diakoneo
spartanfan wrote:
except I'll be asking Wayne why he'd rather be in Cleveland than be the overseer of Alabama - that's one of the best jobs in the Church of God! Smile

OK, what did he say?
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/12/17 5:58 pm

Post Re: It all makes sense.... spartanfan
yep Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
1/12/17 7:44 pm

Post Judah4Him
This is all simply COG Dominoes. Were there other reasons involved?
Maybe. But the Indiana move is what put it in play. And, that's normal.
We've seen before and we will see again.

Indiana Overseer to Plant City COG

Gosnell to IN

Brewer to Gosnell Discipleship positions

Terry Hart to Brewer Alabama post

Wayne Dority to Pathway, and this allows them to eliminate the cross cultural position created a few years back to hold outgoing overseers.

I will say as far as Alabama goes--- Pathway, Oak Park, & Sumiton (3 of our largest churches) have been given to out of state guys since Brewer came. That never garners much popularity with pastors for an overseer in Dixie. Hart has deep connections here and will be well-received. He's a good man.
Friendly Face
1/13/17 8:42 am

Post HighFive
Judah4Him wrote:
This is all simply COG Dominoes. Were there other reasons involved?
Maybe. But the Indiana move is what put it in play. And, that's normal.
We've seen before and we will see again.

Indiana Overseer to Plant City COG

Gosnell to IN

Brewer to Gosnell Discipleship positions

Terry Hart to Brewer Alabama post

Wayne Dority to Pathway, and this allows them to eliminate the cross cultural position created a few years back to hold outgoing overseers.

I will say as far as Alabama goes--- Pathway, Oak Park, & Sumiton (3 of our largest churches) have been given to out of state guys since Brewer came. That never garners much popularity with pastors for an overseer in Dixie. Hart has deep connections here and will be well-received. He's a good man.

And Loxley. But in defense of Brewer, strong (and some not so strong) churches today insist on having a voice in selecting a pastor. State and International Offices cannot arbitrarily appoint at will. State Overseers have no choice but to work with this mind set. What happened in Alabama is also taking place in other states.
1/13/17 10:19 am

Post caveator
Judah4Him wrote:
This is all simply COG Dominoes. Were there other reasons involved? Maybe. I will say as far as Alabama goes--- Pathway, Oak Park, & Sumiton (3 of our largest churches) have been given to out of state guys since Brewer came. That never garners much popularity with pastors for an overseer in Dixie. Hart has deep connections here and will be well-received. He's a good man.

I will say it again. This logic is ignorant! Since when did each state become a denomination within a denomination? If you are credentialed in the Church of God, you are eligible to pastor a Church of God congregation, whether it be in Alabama, Georgia, or Nigeria! I have personally heard several Alabama guys lamenting over four of their "larger churches" being filled by out of state pastors. Well, guess what? Alabama received Victor Massey and David Smith from North Georgia (Who were both originally from Alabama, by the way). North Georgia replaced those pastor's churches (Which were also "larger churches") with pastors from Michigan and South Georgia. North Georgia also appointed an Alabama man (Gary Taylor) to another "larger church." Travis Johnson came to Alabama from Florida to a "larger church" while an overseer from Indiana went to another "larger church" in Florida.

So, as you can see, we are a global denomination. Oak Park, Sumiton, and Pathway are all experiencing growth and doing well. All three of those pastors are proven leaders that could pastor any church. Could it be that God's will had something to do with all of those appointments? Please get over this lamenting Alabama. It really makes you look petty!

EDITORIAL NOTE: I am not calling Judah4him or any other individual, "ignorant". I am referring to a thought process as "ignorant."

Last edited by caveator on 1/13/17 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-celerater
1/13/17 10:57 am

Post Yes! spartanfan
It all sounds like God's will to me! I am truly happy for each of the guys and those they will be leading! Who would have thought Robert Herrin's retirement would start the greatest chain reaction in recent church history orchestrated beautifully by the new GO! Way to GO! Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
1/13/17 2:15 pm

Post Re: every great person Cojak
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
aprilmay2.0 wrote:
I feel like president obama.

I think of you in the same way I think of Obama - that I can tell you.

OUCH!!! You guys be too tough,., I assume the appointments are in place now. Next?? Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/13/17 11:30 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic