Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Why a Romney pick would be a slap in the face of Evangelicals

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Why a Romney pick would be a slap in the face of Evangelicals doyle
Until some of his awful "He's a fraud," comments by Romney on Trump, I thought Romney was possibly a nice man. However, if Trump chooses him as Secretary of State, it will be a massive slap in the face of Evangelicals.

They were some of the first to voice support for a Trump candidacy and they stood with him even through some of the awful goofs Trump made, and some of the less-than desirable revelations about past behavior.

Evangelicals did not show up when Romney ran for Prez. Several million stayed home and did not vote, which probably elected Obama for a second term. I believe some of that was because Evangelicals did not want to have a Mormon as President.

In my opinion, if Trum chooses Romney, he is placing in top leadership a person Evangelicals turned down for top office. To me, that seems like a slap in the face of the people who supported Trump the strongest.

whatchathink?

Doyle
12/8/16 7:07 pm

Post bonnie knox
Actually, evangelicals made up 26% of those voting in both the 2012 and 2016 elections. They did break more for Trump (81%) than for Romney (78%), but I don't think that is such a significant amount to say they would have a problem with Romney as Secretary of State. Of course there might be some notable examples of evangelicals such as Huckabee who would have a problem, but that might be because he's sore he didn't get picked.
Romney is a decent man. And remember when he debated Obama, Romney knew enough about the state of the world that he could name Russia as a geopolitical adversary, which Obama seemed clueless about. Romney would do a good job as Secretary of State.

But all of that doesn't matter to people who loved Trump's lack of political correctness, but can't stand such frankness from Romney. So to them I guess I would say if Trump thinks Romney would be a good Secretary of State, wouldn't you accept Trump's good judgment? Laughing

Of course, if Romney does get picked, and evangelicals feel slapped in the face, maybe we can get OTCP to expand his offering of Play Doh, Cocoa, and Coloring Books to help them get over it. Or maybe Aaron can lead us all in some interpretive dancing and bird calls.
I'm sure evangelicals will manage somehow.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/8/16 9:33 pm

Post Cojak
I don't like Romney for the job myself, only because he joined the the Bush camp to try to de-rail the Trump train.

I do agree with Bonnie that Romney is a good man and smart.

Also The party has been SPLIT maybe some advisers are saying this will help. And then maybe the 'going through some motions' but never really considering Romney will sooth some feathers. I really thought it would be Gindrich(?)

But once the presidency gets rolling (IF IT DOES**) We will soon know if the train can stay on the rails.

**My wife says some big mouth or muky muk says Trump is afraid of the job and will never be sworn in, he will quit.... Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/8/16 10:38 pm

Post Thank you Bonnie for totally SHREDDING my post. doyle
THANK YOU Bonnie for totally shredding the grand theory I put forth! I made a incredibly wise post about how I felt Trump picking Romney for Sec of State, would be a slap in the face of Evangelicals. Vierwers can see the great wisdom of that post at the top of this thread; deep and thoughtful stuff straight from my beating heart.

And in one post, from the school of hard Knox, Bonnie comes along and totally shreds my thoughtful, well-prepared position on the issue. Not only that, she used statistics to help make her point, basically burying my post with facts. What's up with that? Not a bit of mercy for my male ego.

She didn't just disagree, she tore my grand proposal apart, ripped it up and stomped that sucker flat. There's a big word for that; EVISCERATED!

I still feel the same way, but Bonnie certainly did a great job in providing a different perspective. THE LARGEST ROOM in the world is the room for improvement. It seems Bonnie's post was an improvement of what I was trying to share. Good job, even if I'm right Smile.

Doyle
12/9/16 9:22 am

Post Uh, maybe "Eviscerated" is a bit stong doyle
When I made a post about Trump possibly picking Romney for Sec of State, Bonnie almost smothered that theory with facts. I stated that she had "Eviscerated" my deeply thoughful post.

But to make sure I had chosen the right word, I looked up the meaning of "Eviscerated." Maybe I should have looked it up before using it. Here is the meaning...

disembowel (a person or animal):
"the goat had been skinned and neatly eviscerated"
synonyms: disembowel · gut · draw · dress
deprive (something) of its essential content:
"myriad little concessions that would eviscerate the project"
surgery
remove the contents of (a body organ).

To add insult to injury, to make this post, I have to press the "submit" button/ Is my use of the word "Eviscerated" in relations to what Bonnie's post did to mine, too strong? whatchathink?

Doyle
12/9/16 9:41 am

Post bonnie knox
Yes, eviscerated is way too strong. I never watched the movie "Braveheart," but I hear tell that's what happened to Mel Gibson. Way too much gore for my tastes.
Besides, my post descended into quite a bit of snark at the end, so maybe we will just say I had an opposing opinion. Smile
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/9/16 10:04 am

Post c6thplayer1
I used to like Romney very much because of his values he portrayed. Until I saw him follow the carrot dangling in front of him with his tongue hanging out like a hungry mule . It was then I realized the purchase price of Romney equates to the cost of a Big Mac from McDonalds. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/9/16 11:17 am

Post Re: Why a Romney pick would be a slap in the face of Evangelicals georgiapath
doyle wrote:
Until some of his awful "He's a fraud," comments by Romney on Trump, I thought Romney was possibly a nice man. However, if Trump chooses him as Secretary of State, it will be a massive slap in the face of Evangelicals.

They were some of the first to voice support for a Trump candidacy and they stood with him even through some of the awful goofs Trump made, and some of the less-than desirable revelations about past behavior.

Evangelicals did not show up when Romney ran for Prez. Several million stayed home and did not vote, which probably elected Obama for a second term. I believe some of that was because Evangelicals did not want to have a Mormon as President.

In my opinion, if Trum chooses Romney, he is placing in top leadership a person Evangelicals turned down for top office. To me, that seems like a slap in the face of the people who supported Trump the strongest.

whatchathink?

Doyle

I agree with you. I'm glad he didn't pick Romney.
Acts-dicted
12/15/16 2:10 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic