Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Legacy

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Legacy Methocostal
51 Years ago today, my dad passed the "bounds of earth" and slipped into the presence of the Almighty God that he had served and gave his all for. I wish I could have been able to know him as an adult, but I know God, in His infinite wisdom, knew what was best. I never went hungry, never had much money, but God provided. My dad did not leave a legacy of earthly treasure or worldly fame, but the legacy he did leave was so much valuable. A good name, a good example of righteous living, a good example of serving God, a good example of planting churches, a good example of loving his family. My mother was buried on this date 14 years ago. She too, did not leave a legacy of wealth and fame. As she only had a 5th grade education, I was appointed the "accountant" for her at the age of 10 after my father's passing. I will never forget the day we were doing our budget for the month and we saw there would not be enough money left for food because it was time to pay our taxes, or insurance, or something. However, the first thing she did, as always, was to pay her meager amount of tithe. At the end of the month, every bill was paid, and food was purchased. There were no unexpected sources of money, no unexpected sources of being given groceries, but the money was literally multiplied like the women that gave her last to the prophet or the 12 loaves and 5 fishes to feed the multitude. No, my Dad and Mom, did not leave me with earthly possessions, they gave something far more valuable -- their legacy was Faith! Friendly Face
12/2/16 9:57 am

Post c6thplayer1
Great Post Meth... Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/2/16 11:00 am

Post Re: Legacy Old Time Country Preacher
Methocostal wrote:
51 Years ago today, my dad passed the "bounds of earth" and slipped into the presence of the Almighty God that he had served and gave his all for. I wish I could have been able to know him as an adult, but I know God, in His infinite wisdom, knew what was best. I never went hungry, never had much money, but God provided. My dad did not leave a legacy of earthly treasure or worldly fame, but the legacy he did leave was so much valuable. A good name, a good example of righteous living, a good example of serving God, a good example of planting churches, a good example of loving his family. My mother was buried on this date 14 years ago. She too, did not leave a legacy of wealth and fame. As she only had a 5th grade education, I was appointed the "accountant" for her at the age of 10 after my father's passing. I will never forget the day we were doing our budget for the month and we saw there would not be enough money left for food because it was time to pay our taxes, or insurance, or something. However, the first thing she did, as always, was to pay her meager amount of tithe. At the end of the month, every bill was paid, and food was purchased. There were no unexpected sources of money, no unexpected sources of being given groceries, but the money was literally multiplied like the women that gave her last to the prophet or the 12 loaves and 5 fishes to feed the multitude. No, my Dad and Mom, did not leave me with earthly possessions, they gave something far more valuable -- their legacy was Faith!

Meth, you have had a tremendous legacy. You saw the hand of God's provision as a child and of parents who honored the Lord with their lives. You have had a far greater legacy than if your parents had left you the wealth of George Soros. Praise God for the legacy and thank you for sharing it.
Acts-pert Poster
12/2/16 11:14 am

Post Da Sheik
Great testimony! Acts Enthusiast
12/2/16 11:56 am

Post Re: Legacy diakoneo
Methocostal wrote:
51 Years ago today, my dad passed the "bounds of earth" and slipped into the presence of the Almighty God that he had served and gave his all for. I wish I could have been able to know him as an adult, but I know God, in His infinite wisdom, knew what was best. I never went hungry, never had much money, but God provided. My dad did not leave a legacy of earthly treasure or worldly fame, but the legacy he did leave was so much valuable. A good name, a good example of righteous living, a good example of serving God, a good example of planting churches, a good example of loving his family. My mother was buried on this date 14 years ago. She too, did not leave a legacy of wealth and fame. As she only had a 5th grade education, I was appointed the "accountant" for her at the age of 10 after my father's passing. I will never forget the day we were doing our budget for the month and we saw there would not be enough money left for food because it was time to pay our taxes, or insurance, or something. However, the first thing she did, as always, was to pay her meager amount of tithe. At the end of the month, every bill was paid, and food was purchased. There were no unexpected sources of money, no unexpected sources of being given groceries, but the money was literally multiplied like the women that gave her last to the prophet or the 12 loaves and 5 fishes to feed the multitude. No, my Dad and Mom, did not leave me with earthly possessions, they gave something far more valuable -- their legacy was Faith!

Wonderful testimony!

I wonder if we are leaving a legacy for our children and grand children like the one that has been left for us sometimes???
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/2/16 12:06 pm

Post Re: Legacy Methocostal
Amen!

diakoneo wrote:
Methocostal wrote:

Wonderful testimony!

I wonder if we are leaving a legacy for our children and grand children like the one that has been left for us sometimes???
Friendly Face
12/2/16 4:00 pm

Post Cojak
I like this my friend. Very good testimony of great lives. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/3/16 1:27 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic