Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Israel Houghton Enters New Season, Marries Again, Jesus at the Center of it All (L)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Israel Houghton Enters New Season, Marries Again, Jesus at the Center of it All (L) Old Time Country Preacher
www.charismanews.com/world/61368-israel-houghton-marries-adrienne-bailon-says-jesus-at-the-center-of-it-all

Sounds like ole Israel done entered one a em "new seasons."

Last edited by Old Time Country Preacher on 11/29/16 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-pert Poster
11/29/16 9:36 am

Post c6thplayer1
I wonder if Shakhrisabz Qashqadaryo has ever remarried? Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/29/16 12:04 pm

Post Da Sheik
I have no knowledge of any of the details of the failure of his marriage or of his new relationship. But this does illustrate one of the problems with becoming a Christian celebrity. The bigger star you are, the greater the magnifying glass over your life.

What I don't understand is the almost total lack of discretion when something like this happens. We saw with the Bynum-Weeks romance and fairy tale wedding, that all that glitters is not gold. These TBN/MegaChurch/WoF celebrities always feel the need to sanctify what they're doing and make great pomp & circumstance of their "new season".

Again, I'm not judging Israel. He's a great musician and has blessed the Church in myriad ways. These things just always leave a bad taste in my mouth.
Acts Enthusiast
11/29/16 2:47 pm

Post diakoneo
Da Sheik wrote:
I have no knowledge of any of the details of the failure of his marriage or of his new relationship. But this does illustrate one of the problems with becoming a Christian celebrity. The bigger star you are, the greater the magnifying glass over your life.

What I don't understand is the almost total lack of discretion when something like this happens. We saw with the Bynum-Weeks romance and fairy tale wedding, that all that glitters is not gold. These TBN/MegaChurch/WoF celebrities always feel the need to sanctify what they're doing and make great pomp & circumstance of their "new season".

Again, I'm not judging Israel. He's a great musician and has blessed the Church in myriad ways. These things just always leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Should the church have "celebrities"

Didn't the Apostle Paul warn against this??
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/29/16 4:57 pm

Post c6thplayer1
c6thplayer1 wrote:
I wonder if Shakhrisabz Qashqadaryo has ever remarried?

Never mind , New York Johnson told me that Chicago Smith said it was OK. I'll pass this along to Idaho Williams.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/29/16 5:10 pm

Post No Shame for Sin! 4golf
There no longer is a Shame for sin. Divorce and remarry inside of one year and not stepping down. This tells me he may be remorseful but not repentant! This is one thing that you never hear preached in church today, that there should be a Shame for Sin! King David was so shameful for his sin of adultery and killing he wrote Psalms 51that was Sung in the Temple! The Paula Whites and the Israel Houghton can talk about a New Season and it may be a new season with out God!
11/29/16 9:04 pm

Post Cojak
diakoneo wrote:

No we should not, but we do. Our COG officials are celebrities within our ranks. Our Evangelists who {exceed and succeed) are celebrities. Most do not ask for it, but I guess (as is said) it comes with notoriety, or promotion. We could all name a few. Wink
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/29/16 11:27 pm

Post Re: Israel Houghton Enters New Season, Marries Again, Jesus at the Center of it All (L) bradfreeman
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
www.charismanews.com/world/61368-israel-houghton-marries-adrienne-bailon-says-jesus-at-the-center-of-it-all

What is your goal with this post?

What do want him to do differently? Wait 2 years? Quit ministry? Be miserable? Marry ugly? Stay single?

Get a life.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
11/30/16 7:19 am

Post Re: Israel Houghton Enters New Season, Marries Again, Jesus at the Center of it All (L) Old Time Country Preacher
bradfreeman wrote:

What is your goal with this post?

What do want him to do differently? Wait 2 years? Quit ministry? Be miserable? Marry ugly? Stay single?

Get a life.

The goal of this post, brad, is accountability and integrity.
Acts-pert Poster
11/30/16 9:13 am

Post Re: Israel Houghton Enters New Season, Marries Again, Jesus at the Center of it All (L) UncleJD
[quote="bradfreeman"]

Get a life.

What is the Biblical solution? I believe "stay single" is the only one in his situation.
11/30/16 10:34 am

Post diakoneo
Cojak wrote:
diakoneo wrote:

No we should not, but we do. Our COG officials are celebrities within our ranks. Our Evangelists who {exceed and succeed) are celebrities. Most do not ask for it, but I guess (as is said) it comes with notoriety, or promotion. We could all name a few. Wink

Agreed! But it still doesn't make for a healthy church.

Idolatry comes in many forms!
11/30/16 11:20 am

Post Link
Never heard of him.
11/30/16 12:19 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Link wrote:
Never heard of him.

HEs the brother of Tel Aviv Jones.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/30/16 4:25 pm

Post Link
c6thplayer1 wrote:
Link wrote:
Never heard of him.

HEs the brother of Tel Aviv Jones.

Very Happy
11/30/16 9:28 pm

Post Re: Israel Houghton Enters New Season, Marries Again, Jesus at the Center of it All (L) bradfreeman

What do you mean when you say "accountability"?

How do you feel he has not been accountable?

Do you want him to pay for his sin? How much? How long?

Where is your scriptural basis for what you define as "accountability"?

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
12/1/16 5:12 am

Post Re: Israel Houghton Enters New Season, Marries Again, Jesus at the Center of it All (L) spartanfan
bradfreeman wrote:

What do you mean when you say "accountability"?

How do you feel he has not been accountable?

Do you want him to pay for his sin? How much? How long?

Where is your scriptural basis for what you define as "accountability"?

No we don't want him to pay for his sin. We just don't want to set him up as a husband and father that others should desire to "be like" in regard to those relationships. Recently (just before this happened) he spoke and sang at my church. There will be much time before he returns (if ever).
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
12/1/16 9:12 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Without knowing more specific information about the reasons for the divorce, it is impossible to wisely say much about it. That said, even if he has truly done all he can to keep his marriage together, and his ex-wife is the one who refused to forgive and be reconciled to her husband, one would think that a time of seclusion from public ministry would be wise regardless of the reasons for the divorce. Perhaps a year? I don't think there is a scripturally specified time for something like this, but the typical thing nowadays seems to be to just say you're sorry and then carry on in ministry, acting like nothing happened. I do have to wonder how Joel Osteen has counseled him and his ex-wife through all this. I do think it should be noted that divorce is not necessarily always a sin, and neither is remarriage in and of itself always a sin. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/1/16 11:02 am

Post TRue.... spartanfan
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Without knowing more specific information about the reasons for the divorce, it is impossible to wisely say much about it. That said, even if he has truly done all he can to keep his marriage together, and his ex-wife is the one who refused to forgive and be reconciled to her husband, one would think that a time of seclusion from public ministry would be wise regardless of the reasons for the divorce. Perhaps a year? I don't think there is a scripturally specified time for something like this, but the typical thing nowadays seems to be to just say you're sorry and then carry on in ministry, acting like nothing happened. I do have to wonder how Joel Osteen has counseled him and his ex-wife through all this. I do think it should be noted that divorce is not necessarily always a sin, and neither is remarriage in and of itself always a sin.

But dating another woman while marred is at least unwise (most would say sinful). And then to divorce your wife and marry her is something like "Herod the fox" would do. I am just saying I wouldn't put him back in my pulpit for a while if ever. I know it's not the unpardonable sin - but it does a lot of damage to a lot of people including himself. And then he had to go and ruin a great song but captioning his new wedding picture as "Jesus At The Center of it All." That one can go in the Ray Boltz file now - I wish he would have captioned it "Uh Oh" or "Big Mistake." We don't sing those in church.
12/1/16 11:21 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I didn't see where he was dating one woman while married to another. I did see where he denied that he cheated on his ex-wife with the woman he's married to now. Perhaps I missed something in the reportage. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/1/16 11:27 am

Post Re: TRue.... spartanfan
[quote="spartanfan"]
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Without knowing more specific information about the reasons for the divorce, it is impossible to wisely say much about it. That said, even if he has truly done all he can to keep his marriage together, and his ex-wife is the one who refused to forgive and be reconciled to her husband, one would think that a time of seclusion from public ministry would be wise regardless of the reasons for the divorce. Perhaps a year? I don't think there is a scripturally specified time for something like this, but the typical thing nowadays seems to be to just say you're sorry and then carry on in ministry, acting like nothing happened. I do have to wonder how Joel Osteen has counseled him and his ex-wife through all this. I do think it should be noted that divorce is not necessarily always a sin, and neither is remarriage in and of itself always a sin.

But entering into a close 2 year friendship with another woman and then divorcing your wife and marrying her creates a lot of controversy. He did admit to committing adultery while married but did not say with who - so I guess we can assume it was with someone else. So he "broke" the marriage covenant according to his confession. It's sad. I'm not his judge and I am not condemning him but I am just saying I wouldn't put him back in my pulpit for a while if ever. I know it's not the unpardonable sin - but it does a lot of damage to a lot of people including himself. And then he had to go and ruin a great song by captioning his new wedding picture as "Jesus At The Center of it All."
12/1/16 12:00 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic