Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Margaret Voorhis

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Margaret Voorhis Carolyn Smith
Margaret Voorhis has gone to be with the Lord. Please remember her husband, especially, in prayer, Dr. George Voorhis. Dr. Voorhis is in poor health and has some dementia (I think), so I'm not sure how this will affect his living arrangements. Sis Voorhis was a very beloved part of ECBC.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/22/18 3:36 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Praying... thank you for letting us know. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/22/18 5:59 pm

Post Cojak
Thanks for posting this Carolyn. I wanted to add something about sister Voorhis. I have attended church with her off and on for many years. She always sported a beautiful smile. I did not know it, but Sister Voorhis was a doll collector. She did an amazing thing about 4 weeks ago, she kept a couple of her 'Special loves' and donated the rest (100+) dolls to the church to be sold for missions (I think). I looked at the collection, it was amazing. Someone bought the entire collection.
I remember thinking at the time what a wonderful gesture. To see things you loved go for a good cause before they become part of an estate sale or some family member have to dispose of them.

I will miss that beautiful smile and sincere heart.

My prayers for Brother George and the family. Bro Voorhis is doing pretty well our pastor reports.

Thanks again CArolyn...

PS: This is a good example for you that collect. Enjoy your love hobby, but consider disposing of it before someone who knows not the love does.
We have another man in our church, Bernard, retired Army. He has collected Toy Vehicle models for years. He is now giving them to the church to auction for missions. So far he has given about 30 (I have 5 for my grand kids!)
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/22/18 11:40 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Cojak wrote:
Thanks for posting this Carolyn. I wanted to add something about sister Voorhis. I have attended church with her off and on for many years. She always sported a beautiful smile. I did not know it, but Sister Voorhis was a doll collector. She did an amazing thing about 4 weeks ago, she kept a couple of her 'Special loves' and donated the rest (100+) dolls to the church to be sold for missions (I think). I looked at the collection, it was amazing. Someone bought the entire collection.
I remember thinking at the time what a wonderful gesture. To see things you loved go for a good cause before they become part of an estate sale or some family member have to dispose of them.

I will miss that beautiful smile and sincere heart.

My prayers for Brother George and the family. Bro Voorhis is doing pretty well our pastor reports.

Thanks again CArolyn...

PS: This is a good example for you that collect. Enjoy your love hobby, but consider disposing of it before someone who knows not the love does.
We have another man in our church, Bernard, retired Army. He has collected Toy Vehicle models for years. He is now giving them to the church to auction for missions. So far he has given about 30 (I have 5 for my grand kids!)

What a great story. She was always her husband's biggest supporter. The last reports I've heard about Brother Voorhis' health was that it was frail. Sister Voorhis was also an RN. I'm not sure if she was his caregiver or not, but I pray he is able to stay in his home. He still loves all his students so much. The last time I saw him at a reunion, you could tell his students were a great joy in his life.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/23/18 5:42 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic