Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I hope Trump breaks his Promise on prosecuting Hillary
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I hope Trump breaks his Promise on prosecuting Hillary Methocostal
for the good of the country. As much as I would personally like to see her behind bars, it would not help to heal our wounds.

The Clinton regime FINALLY had its last breath. Let us move forward.
Friendly Face
11/9/16 1:10 pm

Post Re: I hope Trump breaks his Promise on prosecuting Hillary UncleJD
Methocostal wrote:
for the good of the country. As much as I would personally like to see her behind bars, it would not help to heal our wounds.

I agree, I don't want to sink to their third-world mentality. However, allowing the FBI and justice-department to do their jobs and complete their investigation is the right thing to do. If, after a conviction, President Trump decides to pardon her to foster peace in our country, I'd be fine with that. She doesn't need to rot in jail to make half of us happy, she doesn't need to become relevant again.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/9/16 1:14 pm

Post Re: I hope Trump breaks his Promise on prosecuting Hillary Methocostal
Good point, the perception would be that he ordered the FBI to investigate. Let this one lie.

Later, If they do something unsavory, maybe. I hope the Foundation implodes now that people realize the Clinton influence is washed up.

If State DA's want to pursue investigation, so be it. But, I wish the feds would drop it, for the sake of the nation -- as repulsive as it is to know they got away scot-free.

However, I don't know if a State has authority to investigate a federal crime. I don't know how that works.

UncleJD wrote:
Methocostal wrote:

I agree, I don't want to sink to their third-world mentality. However, allowing the FBI and justice-department to do their jobs and complete their investigation is the right thing to do. If, after a conviction, President Trump decides to pardon her to foster peace in our country, I'd be fine with that. She doesn't need to rot in jail to make half of us happy, she doesn't need to become relevant again.
Friendly Face
11/9/16 1:18 pm

Post ? spartanfan
Why? If she deliberately broke the law and willfully endangered the safety of American citizens do you want him to just pardon her? I mean, he can't pardon her until charges are brought by the FBI and other agencies and that won't happen unless intent is established. So if it is and she is corrupt do you just want to wink at it and let her go on? I don't know how I feel about that. Martha Stewart went to prison for one lie to the FBI. I don't think there should be a different set of rules according to who you are. Lady Justice still wears a blindfold. Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
11/9/16 1:55 pm

Post Re: ? UncleJD
spartanfan wrote:
Why? If she deliberately broke the law and willfully endangered the safety of American citizens do you want him to just pardon her? I mean, he can't pardon her until charges are brought by the FBI and other agencies and that won't happen unless intent is established. So if it is and she is corrupt do you just want to wink at it and let her go on? I don't know how I feel about that. Martha Stewart went to prison for one lie to the FBI. I don't think there should be a different set of rules according to who you are. Lady Justice still wears a blindfold.

I'm fine with her being convicted if its found that she broke the law. I'm fine with whatever outcome that entails. But I am also fine if the President pardons her after a conviction, that way her name is ruined and we don't have some cult-of-Clinton that feeds off of it. I just don't want her to ever be relevant again, period. I hope to forget her and let the Clinton name be a side-note in history. Making some kind of lib-martyr would not be a good thing in my opinion. But either way I won't personally worry about it.
11/9/16 2:01 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Unless the books are opened for all to see, the masses will remain ignorant to just how evil those like her are, and why they should not be elected to office. This is too much of a teachable moment to let slip by. LOCK HER UP!!
11/9/16 2:08 pm

Post UncleJD
Maybe she'll make it easy on everyone and just flee the country. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/9/16 3:40 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Hillary should only be pardoned or exhonerated if all who worked with/for her get the same treatment. For Hillary to be pardoned while Uma, or anybody else, takes the fall, uh uh. Acts-pert Poster
11/9/16 5:56 pm

Post Re: ? Methocostal
It has nothing to do with whether she deserves it. She deserves to be in Jail. The media will use it to say how horrible the Republicans are. I'm just saying it will boomerang against the Republicans if they pursue it further. It isn't right, but that is the way the system is set up due to the complicity of the corrupt media. Sometimes one can win the battle and lose the war. This is one of those times.

Actually, I'm 99% certain a President can pardon a person for future charges. If I'm not mistaken, I think that is what Gerald Ford did with Nixon. Maybe I'm forgetting who it was, but I'm almost certain there was a case of protection from future prosecutions for previous potential crimes. I understand Nixon WAS impeached so maybe it wasn't him I'm thinking of.

This has NOTHING to do with feeling compassion for Hillary (she doesn't deserve forgiveness when she refuses to admit she is guilty). It is all about not wasting our time pursuing her for something she will likely squeeze out of and detract from more important issues such as the repeal of Obama care.

I would not use my political capital for a lost cause and it isn't worth political capital based on principal. Sometimes it is worth it. I don't think this is one of those times. She got some punishment by not being elected.

I don't want to be sidetracked chasing an oil covered rabbit such as Hillary.

spartanfan wrote:
Why? If she deliberately broke the law and willfully endangered the safety of American citizens do you want him to just pardon her? I mean, he can't pardon her until charges are brought by the FBI and other agencies and that won't happen unless intent is established. So if it is and she is corrupt do you just want to wink at it and let her go on? I don't know how I feel about that. Martha Stewart went to prison for one lie to the FBI. I don't think there should be a different set of rules according to who you are. Lady Justice still wears a blindfold.
Friendly Face
11/9/16 6:03 pm

Post Methocostal
Trump could make himself look compassionaite by pardoning her for past crimes while saddling her with the stench of being guilty or else she wouldn't have been "pardoned".

It would be win win for Trump and the American people.
Friendly Face
11/9/16 6:08 pm

Post Make himself look compassionate? spartanfan
Methocostal wrote:
Trump could make himself look compassionaite by pardoning her for past crimes while saddling her with the stench of being guilty or else she wouldn't have been "pardoned".

That's just what we don't want. "Make himself look compassionate...". We've had politicians making themselves look "this or that" when at the core of their being that's not what they are. They all promise transparency....but few deliver. Obama "made himself look like he was a Christian and like he was anti gay marriage" and he has suffered the backlash for it. If Trump prays and feels compassionate then he should say it and pardon her if it comes to that.. If he wants to pardon her for political reasons then he should say "I hate to do it but it's good politics so I'll pardon her." But don't do it to "look" a certain way you are not at your core. That's the problem too often.
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
11/9/16 8:07 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
For the good of our country & in terms of national security he should request a special prosecutor to look into how she made all of her pay for play deals & find out if she still has a few secrets hiding in the closet.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
11/9/16 8:19 pm

Post Cojak
I am sure he will direct the FBI to continue the investigation and will accept the FBI and his NEW (i hope) Attorney General to follow their recommendations.

Then if the evidence is there her attorney can agree to plead guilty to some misdemeanor to avoid the circus of a trial.

On a side note. Like many who have dealt with classified data up to and past Top secret, we know she or someone under her command broke the law BIG TIME. For the sake of men and women who have spent time behind bars for far less than Hillary, something should be done. I hope in this case the double standard is SLAPPED in the face.

I don't care if she is pardoned or not, something should be on record that she was/is very guilty in this case. Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/9/16 11:47 pm

Post Link
Doesn't he have to do something about trying to investigate her further, considering his campaign promises. He could appoint a new FBI director, a new independent investigation committee to investigate the case...and go through that again. If some new independent investigation goes nowhere, he can just leave it alone.

I hope he does start talking about appealing Obamacare. They need to change the law on those IRS penalties for not having insurance as a first step. That is very oppressive for a lot of people who cannot afford the insurance. It also creates a perverse incentive not to work and to get on welfare.
11/10/16 1:59 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
Doesn't he have to do something about trying to investigate her further, considering his campaign promises.

I'm sorry, but that struck me as very funny.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/10/16 8:49 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
I hope he does start talking about appealing Obamacare. They need to change the law on those IRS penalties for not having insurance as a first step. That is very oppressive for a lot of people who cannot afford the insurance. It also creates a perverse incentive not to work and to get on welfare.

I agree. (Don't forget Justice Roberts, who was appointed by a Republican president was a key figure in failing to stop Obamacare when he ruled that penalty could legitimately be called a tax.)
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/10/16 8:55 am

Post UncleJD
Rudy Giuliani was on with O'Reilly last night. Giuliani may well be the new AG (he said as much). He said he would certainly continue the investigation and let the rule-of-law stand.

That said, look for Clinton to have a meeting with Obama soon from which we will see her either leave the country, or stay with the promise of a pardon before he leaves office. Now I didn't think a pardon could be given before any indictment, but apparently I'm wrong.

Giuliani pointed out that it would seal the reputation of those 2, O'Reilly disagreed, but I think its true. At least with those that never liked her.
11/10/16 9:56 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:

I agree. (Don't forget Justice Roberts, who was appointed by a Republican president was a key figure in failing to stop Obamacare when he ruled that penalty could legitimately be called a tax.)

Republicans should have stopped it in the legislature. Not the Supremes job..
11/10/16 10:23 am

Post bonnie knox
I agree it shouldn't have passed the legislature, but Roberts failed spectacularly by calling it a tax.

Nature Boy Florida wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:

Republicans should have stopped it in the legislature. Not the Supremes job..
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/10/16 10:30 am

Post Re: Make himself look compassionate? Methocostal
Good point Smile

spartanfan wrote:
Methocostal wrote:

That's just what we don't want. "Make himself look compassionate...". We've had politicians making themselves look "this or that" when at the core of their being that's not what they are. They all promise transparency....but few deliver. Obama "made himself look like he was a Christian and like he was anti gay marriage" and he has suffered the backlash for it. If Trump prays and feels compassionate then he should say it and pardon her if it comes to that.. If he wants to pardon her for political reasons then he should say "I hate to do it but it's good politics so I'll pardon her." But don't do it to "look" a certain way you are not at your core. That's the problem too often.
Friendly Face
11/10/16 12:13 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic