Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I normally feel relief when a Republican wins...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I normally feel relief when a Republican wins... Link
I normally feel a stronger sense of relief when a Republican wins to presidency.

I have prayed, in the past, that Hillary Clinton never, ever become president of the United States. I guess the Lord answered my prayer. I haven't been praying that so strongly here.

I'm tempted to pray that Trump will step down on inauguration day. But the Lord has His own plans.

Let us all pray for Donald Trump, that the Lord will work on his heart so that he will seek to do His will.
11/9/16 4:31 am

Post bonnie knox
Link, as you might imagine I am not feeling a big sense of relief either. I did not vote for either Trump or Clinton, but I did vote for a Republican in the Senate and I voted for a Republican governor. It does not look like our governor will be going back in. I think a big factor (and of course I could be mistaken on this) is that he received a lot of unpopular press for signing the "bathroom bill." He is a decent man, a good leader, and, in my opinion, has done a good job. I said that to say that the social conservative issues seem to be losing the day even though they have gotten an "inadvertent win," perhaps, with Hillary's loss.
I am glad that Hillary will not be picking the Supreme Court, but that is tempered by the reality that the conservative appointees haven't come through for us on some big issues.
The one thing that I'm feeling hopeful about is that it appears Congress will be under Republican control and that might give us a chance to dismantle Obamacare.
I know some people aren't keen on this prayer, but I like to pray, "Lord, your will be done."
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/9/16 8:24 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
My thoughts and feelings on this are in agreement with those of my friend Dr. Alan Snyder, Professor of History at Southeastern University: http://ponderingprinciples.com/2016/11/the-election-positives-negatives/ [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/9/16 8:28 am

Post Eddie Robbins
My fear is that we find out he was just saying stuff to get elected and nothing really changes. I don't trust him one bit. Acts-pert Poster
11/9/16 8:30 am

Post UncleJD
Eddie Robbins wrote:
My fear is that we find out he was just saying stuff to get elected and nothing really changes. I don't trust him one bit.

I hope we will all pray for him, and I pray that the weight of the office and the responsibility to those disenfranchised Americans that voted for him will be a sobering and guiding influence to him in the days ahead.

I watched the markets last night move from -5% world-wide to instantly gain 4% back when he gave his speech. He didn't gloat, he didn't attack, he was conciliatory, and the world markets noticed. Yes they will fluctuate a bit, and may even trend down because the Fed will no longer be able to artificially keep the interest rate down, but they already showed with that 4 point bounce back that its not the end of the world everyone predicted.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/9/16 9:20 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
that its not the end of the world everyone predicted

which was supposed to occur in Obama's second term, if not the first
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/9/16 9:24 am

Post UncleJD
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:
that its not the end of the world everyone predicted

which was supposed to occur in Obama's second term, if not the first

Luckily the world just went to hell in a hand-basket instead of ending.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/9/16 3:42 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic