Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

To ALL 3rd Party Voters: Even Your Vote fer Hillary DID...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post To ALL 3rd Party Voters: Even Your Vote fer Hillary DID... Old Time Country Preacher
NOT help her win.........

It was a wasted vote.
Acts-pert Poster
11/9/16 10:43 am

Post Re: To ALL 3rd Party Voters: Even Your Vote fer Hillary DID... UncleJD
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:

It was a wasted vote.

Lets keep divided. Rolling Eyes

I honestly feel that the closest thing to a third-party win actually just happened. I voted for him, but I don't believe the same-old-same-old Republican party is in tact. This feels like a major change.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/9/16 10:50 am

Post Re: To ALL 3rd Party Voters: Even Your Vote fer Hillary DID... Old Time Country Preacher
UncleJD wrote:

It was a wasted vote.

I honestly feel that the closest thing to a third-party win actually just happened. I voted for him, but I don't believe the same-old-same-old Republican party is in tact. This feels like a major change.

No division, JD. Its called assessment.

No 3rd party win here, nope, more akin to a Reagan-esque Rumble.

At the end a the day, we all Americans an in this thing together, OTCP is just assessing what happened.
Acts-pert Poster
11/9/16 11:02 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
A third party vote is only wasted if one believes dissent doesn't count and only the majority's vote matters. By your same twisted logic, your vote against Obama in past elections didn't count and was a wasted vote, since you voted for a loser (Romney or McCain). [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/9/16 11:04 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Also, since a third party vote is by definition a vote for neither of the major parties, it is simply a lie to say third party votes like mine are for Hillary or for Trump. But I'm quite used to Trumpites like you lying. It's what Trump followers do when their idol is not worshipped like they think he should be. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/9/16 11:11 am

Post Re: To ALL 3rd Party Voters: Even Your Vote fer Hillary DID... bonnie knox
Ole Timer, I wasn't aimin ta help Hillary with my vote. Where did ya git that knuckleheaded idee?

It was a wasted vote.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/9/16 11:26 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
A third party vote is only wasted if one believes dissent doesn't count and only the majority's vote matters. By your same twisted logic, your vote against Obama in past elections didn't count and was a wasted vote, since you voted for a loser (Romney or McCain).

No lyin from OTCP, Wyatt.

In America's two party system, where a 3rd party presidential candidate has never garnered over a few percentage points of the vote, it is simply unrealistic to think that a 3rd party candidate would/could win. Impossible? Perhaps in the future. Highly improbable in the current climate.
Acts-pert Poster
11/9/16 11:44 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
It is a baldfaced lie to accuse we third party voters of voting for either of the two major parties. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/9/16 12:03 pm

Post UncleJD
I think you know I mean figuratively. Donald Trump beat the Republican and Democratic party both. The new GOP will be different. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/9/16 12:36 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
I wonder how Kasich's vote for McCain will go over - after he promised to support the Rep nominee...and Trump won Ohio anyway.
11/9/16 1:00 pm

Post Methocostal
Yes, and I was DEEPLY disappointed in George W's NON VOTE. I understand his frustration, but for a former GOP President to not vote for a republican? Is that what he would have wanted in his campaigns?

Morally, I guess it is better than voting for Hillary, but still.......

Nature Boy Florida wrote:
I wonder how Kasich's vote for McCain will go over - after he promised to support the Rep nominee...and Trump won Ohio anyway.
Friendly Face
11/9/16 1:03 pm

Post UncleJD
George H. W. Bush congratulated Donald Trump. He has been through a lot personally and I can't blame the Bush's. For good or ill, their time is now over. Donald Trump simultaneously ended BOTH current American political dynasties. It was an amazing feat. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/9/16 1:07 pm

Post Methocostal
True and I hadn't thought of that. Two dynasties at once, pretty impressive Smile

UncleJD wrote:
George H. W. Bush congratulated Donald Trump. He has been through a lot personally and I can't blame the Bush's. For good or ill, their time is now over. Donald Trump simultaneously ended BOTH current American political dynasties. It was an amazing feat.
Friendly Face
11/9/16 1:13 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
Yes, and I was DEEPLY disappointed in George W's NON VOTE. I understand his frustration, but for a former GOP President to not vote for a republican? Is that what he would have wanted in his campaigns?

Remember Trump saying that Bush KNEW Iraq didn't have WMD and invaded anyway?? (Not just that he acted on bad intelligence, but that he knew.) Did you ever hear Bush malign a former president in that way? Bush has been in the job and knows what it requires. If he couldn't in good conscience vote for someone whom he thinks is not qualified, I think he has the right to abstain.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/9/16 1:16 pm

Post Methocostal
Good point.

bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:

Remember Trump saying that Bush KNEW Iraq didn't have WMD and invaded anyway?? (Not just that he acted on bad intelligence, but that he knew.) Did you ever hear Bush malign a former president in that way? Bush has been in the job and knows what it requires. If he couldn't in good conscience vote for someone whom he thinks is not qualified, I think he has the right to abstain.
Friendly Face
11/9/16 1:30 pm

Post Methocostal
Thank you Bonnie. One of the good things of this site is when I am able to learn from my friends here. Not that I'm always persuaded, but sometimes I am and this is one.

You put a perspective I had not considered. I'm glad.

bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:

Friendly Face
11/9/16 1:32 pm

Post Re: To ALL 3rd Party Voters: Even Your Vote fer Hillary DID... chestnut ridge
UncleJD wrote:

It was a wasted vote.

No division, JD. Its called assessment.

No 3rd party win here, nope, more akin to a Reagan-esque Rumble.

At the end a the day, we all Americans an in this thing together, OTCP is just assessing what happened.

Reality is both candidates had a unfavorable rating of 55%+

What happened was the rural counties turned out higher and the urban areas was down
Acts Enthusiast
11/9/16 1:42 pm

Post chestnut ridge
Methocostal wrote:
True and I hadn't thought of that. Two dynasties at once, pretty impressive Smile

UncleJD wrote:
George H. W. Bush congratulated Donald Trump. He has been through a lot personally and I can't blame the Bush's. For good or ill, their time is now over. Donald Trump simultaneously ended BOTH current American political dynasties. It was an amazing feat.

I don't think so, Bush has the next generation (George P to name one). I don't think Chelsea is interested at all
Acts Enthusiast
11/9/16 1:44 pm

Post UncleJD
chestnut ridge wrote:
[ I don't think Chelsea is interested at all

Lets hope not
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/9/16 2:05 pm

Post c6thplayer1
A vote is a personal decision based ones opinion of the direction one may think we need to follow. It is not cast against any opponent/opponents but rather to the candidate of Their choice. Therefore their vote can never be conceived as a vote for the opposing party. It is merely an expression of ones beliefs. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/9/16 5:05 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic