Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

If Trump is allowed to define the GOP, it will lose a lot of support from women (L)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post If Trump is allowed to define the GOP, it will lose a lot of support from women (L) bonnie knox
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/10/megyn-kelly-newt-gingrich-women-sexual-assault/505466/ [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/28/16 11:13 am

Post bonnie knox
I just came across another opinion piece that says it even better.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/27/opinion/the-lonely-life-of-a-republican-woman.html?_r=0
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/28/16 11:19 am

Post UncleJD
for some reason I can't open the article, but based on the title of the thread I can agree that it won't help them at the very least, I'd add that the GOP will lose support from the wealthy business owner and educated whites as well. I'm sure the populist poster here will say "good riddance " but that has been a staple in the party, especially when it comes to funding it, which may have already shown up in the huge contribution gap that we see between Trump and Clinton. I voted for him, but I will not worry too much if Clinton wins IF the GOP can maintain control of congress. If she wins and gets control of congress too, we're all in trouble, and we will have a fractured Republican party that won't be able to compete very well for years to come. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/28/16 11:23 am

Post Resident Skeptic
But women love Hillary who supports anti-women regimes in the middle east, and she has a rapist husband? What does say about the majority of women? Who cares if they don't like Trump or the GOP? I sincerely hope the GOP ignores stories like this one and those that say the GOP must capitulate on illegal immigration to appease Hispanics. Who needs any of these sub-groups?
10/28/16 12:18 pm

Post bonnie knox
The GOP cannot win elections without women voters.

I don't know if women like Hillary; I don't she has very high favorability ratings either.
But this thread is about the GOP and conservative women.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/28/16 1:51 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Let's see how Trump treats women once he is in office.

I have a feeling he will treat them better than expected.

Remember, Bill Clinton talked a good game - but was dropping trou behind closed doors - and was paying off women for their silence when they objected.

Trump may talk wrong - but treat women right.

I suspect bragging is a big part of his persona - and most of the time - guys that brag don't do what they say they do.

These articles are ridiculous. Megyn Kelly is ridiculous - calling Trump a predator - when his mouth said women let him grab them because he is famous - but ne employees have ever said that. Not so about bill Clinton - but he was never called a predator.
10/28/16 2:06 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
If the story has any merit & if the merit is strongly based on the infamous 2005 video of Trump's remarks then it's a farce.

Women love Hillary & they love Mrs. Obama, the polls show this in huge percentages. Problem is, both women have many of the same friends & many of them are the elite Hollyweird types & rap musicians.
Why does this matter?
Because a major blockbuster movie came out called 50 Shades of Grey which was based off the #1 selling book in America in 2011, & women loved it.
Back that up with all these filthy mouthed rap stars who describe women & their anatomy in the most disgusting manner & women love it.
Bill Clinton is a known rapist & loves to sexually exploit younger vulnerable women & yet they still love him.
When you see the guest list at an Obama/Clinton event it has all these stars in the audience & you see these 2 faced candidates cuddling up to them & they ALL love it.

If this came from the Atlantic Journal just consider the source, it's a liberal rag reaching back into it's archives for a non-story, story.
Women may not like him at first but they'll come back if they see many of the things he promised coming to fruition.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
10/28/16 2:14 pm

Post bonnie knox
She didn't say he was, she said "if." If some of the accusers' stories are true, he is. Gingrich acted like he didn't hear the "if."
I don't think the articles are ridiculous. I am a woman and the articles, especially the second one, resonate with me.

Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Let's see how Trump treats women once he is in office.

I have a feeling he will treat them better than expected.

Remember, Bill Clinton talked a good game - but was dropping trou behind closed doors - and was paying off women for their silence when they objected.

Trump may talk wrong - but treat women right.

I suspect bragging is a big part of his persona - and most of the time - guys that brag don't do what they say they do.

These articles are ridiculous. Megyn Kelly is ridiculous - calling Trump a predator - when his mouth said women let him grab them because he is famous - but ne employees have ever said that. Not so about bill Clinton - but he was never called a predator.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/28/16 2:22 pm

Post bonnie knox
Dean, the second article is by SE Cupp and she has solid conservative credentials. We are talking about conservative women in this thread.
I would say the first article also resonates with me, and I have been conservative in my voting record. I have only ever voted for Republican presidents, and, as I recall, only Republican senators, and congressional representatives. I do not plan to vote for Trump (and I'm also not voting for Hillary).
I've never listened to rap music, nor have I read the book nor seen the movie 50 Shades of Gray.
The reaction on this thread makes the case that the opinion pieces are addressing.

Dean Steenburgh wrote:
If the story has any merit & if the merit is strongly based on the infamous 2005 video of Trump's remarks then it's a farce.

Women love Hillary & they love Mrs. Obama, the polls show this in huge percentages. Problem is, both women have many of the same friends & many of them are the elite Hollyweird types & rap musicians.
Why does this matter?
Because a major blockbuster movie came out called 50 Shades of Grey which was based off the #1 selling book in America in 2011, & women loved it.
Back that up with all these filthy mouthed rap stars who describe women & their anatomy in the most disgusting manner & women love it.
Bill Clinton is a known rapist & loves to sexually exploit younger vulnerable women & yet they still love him.
When you see the guest list at an Obama/Clinton event it has all these stars in the audience & you see these 2 faced candidates cuddling up to them & they ALL love it.

If this came from the Atlantic Journal just consider the source, it's a liberal rag reaching back into it's archives for a non-story, story.
Women may not like him at first but they'll come back if they see many of the things he promised coming to fruition.

[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/28/16 2:38 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
bonnie knox wrote:
Dean, the second article is by SE Cupp and she has solid conservative credentials. We are talking about conservative women in this thread.
I would say the first article also resonates with me, and I have been conservative in my voting record. I have only ever voted for Republican presidents, and, as I recall, only Republican senators, and congressional representatives. I do not plan to vote for Trump (and I'm also not voting for Hillary).
I've never listened to rap music, nor have I read the book nor seen the movie 50 Shades of Gray.
The reaction on this thread makes the case that the opinion pieces are addressing.

Dean Steenburgh wrote:

Why does this matter?

If you know nothing about 50 shades of grey or have never listened to rap music then you wouldn't have a clue as to how hypocritical & 2 faced these women like Mrs. Bill Clinton or Mrs. Obama or Elizabeth Warren are.
They embrace the filthiest people of our society & tear down Mr. Trump for a video from 2005.
GOP women are supposedly offended at Mr. Trump for his actions from 2005.
He has offered multiple apologies for his offense.
Women of all parties support Hillary by a 33% margin over Trump.
As I said, I'm assuming their support is due in large part to the 2005 video?

GOP women who cannot support Mr. Trump over the 05 video but yet can support Mrs. Bill Clinton who embraces people like Beyonce are themselves hypocritical at best.
If GOP are supposedly leaving the party then my sincere question would be "Why?"

They can't support the pothead Johnson.
They can't support the whacko Stien.
They can't possibly support Crooked Hillary.
So what is left?

I read the article but I also read a few other articles on their website, this is a liberal hit-rag attempt to give women a justified reason to doubt their party & bolt.
Resonate is one thing but outright departure is pretty far fetched when you don't hear about the same gender abandoning the DNC.

What are you focused on?
10/28/16 2:56 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
So what is left?

I'm trying to clue you in. I will not vote for Johnson. I will not vote for Stein. I will not vote for Hillary. I don't plan to vote for Trump either.
Yes, I am disappointed at the candidate the GOP produced this time.

As far as the Atlantic being a liberal rag, why don't you just address the particular piece I linked to on it's own merits if you can.
(I did see an article about the scandals of Hillary Clinton on their site, fwiw.)
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/28/16 3:07 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:
So what is left?

I'm trying to clue you in. I will not vote for Johnson. I will not vote for Stein. I will not vote for Hillary. I don't plan to vote for Trump either.
Yes, I am disappointed at the candidate the GOP produced this time.

As far as the Atlantic being a liberal rag, why don't you just address the particular piece I linked to on it's own merits if you can.
(I did see an article about the scandals of Hillary Clinton on their site, fwiw.)

And again, as I said, if this is about the 2005 video which it is.

They take his offensive words & turn them in to assault:
Amanda Carpenter said,
Quote:
"Perhaps, they should talk to some rape survivors. They need to hear what those women heard when Trump bragged about grabbing a woman's genitals, aggressively kissing women without consent, and getting away with it because he's rich and famous. That wasn't boyish banter. That was a confession of assault."

She picks up the narrative as though it were a bygone event supported by a confession. He wasn't confessing to an event, he was confessing in his own filthy opinion at the time that women in Hollywood will let you do this.

Trump was being stupid & filthy with his demeaning words but he wasn't admitting to an act he had committed & nobody with any solid proof or with any part of a believable story can win a claim against him.
The DNC & Hillary's campaign have already ruined any chance of a woman being believed when the emails proved they were setting him up for sabotage with phony accusers, why do you think they all suddenly disappeared?

I read the whole article & others after it, this is a non-story about a liberal writer discussing the jousting between Newt & Kelly & using that 8 minute banter between the 2 to support how divided the GOP is & how fractured the support is with women voters who normally support the GOP candidate.
I see their frustration at this point & it is unfortunate but politics is dirty & it has always been dirty.
Again, where are the DNC women who have bought into the storyline with Hillary?
Are GOP women the only ones who get offended & lose faith in their party?

If it's really a female issue about party divisiveness then it should be apparent to women that Hillary supports female bashers who give her 7 figure donations & they're not offended by that?
C'mon!

You made up your mind a long time ago bonnie & if I remember right you were already against Trump before you even heard about the 05 video.
If you already have made up your mind not to vote for any of the top 4 candidates what motivated you to post this article on Mr. Trump?
Are you coming out with additional threads on the other candidates as well, or just Trump?

What are you focused on?
10/28/16 3:48 pm

Post (L) bonnie knox
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/13/politics/jessica-leeds-anderson-cooper-interview/index.html
I find Jessica Leeds' story believable, and she says Trump groped her on an airplane.
This is the thing, so many women have in times past been reluctant to talk about someone groping them because the women are so often dismissed.
It boggles my mind that you are saying that all the women he might have groped wanted it.
Question

As to my motivation for this thread, I noticed on another thread that someone suggested that grabbing a woman's _____ wasn't sexual assault as long as the person doing the grabbing claimed that she would let him (i the context of what Trump said).
Seriously?

Both of these opinion pieces address that.

No, the video hardly changed my opinion of Trump. The first I ever remember hearing much about him was when he was out on the ski slopes of Colorado with both his wife Ivanka and his mistress Marla Maples (whom he later married and subsequently dumped).

As far as me posting threads about Trump, lets deal with the facts. I just went back through 15 pages of my comments (all of October and September), and unless I overlooked something, I've started a grand total of 3 threads on Trump: this one, one pointing out that 44% of evangelicals say Trump has strong moral character (which focused more on evangelicals' reaction to Trump than Trump himself) and one asking if Trumps foreign policy would be conflicted by his personal financial interests around the world.
As much as Trump has been touted and promoted here on Acts, I don't think that is a terribly large number of threads to have started.
I don't remember starting threads on other candidates, but I might have farther back in time.
I don't recall off the top of my head starting any on Hillary or Bernie. I don't know of one person on Acts who has a favorable opinion of her, so there is no point and counterpoint, which is one of the things I do here.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/28/16 7:05 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Quote:
This is the thing, so many women have in times past been reluctant to talk about someone groping them because the women are so often dismissed.
It boggles my mind that you are saying that all the women he might have groped wanted it.
Question

As to my motivation for this thread, I noticed on another thread that someone suggested that grabbing a woman's _____ wasn't sexual assault as long as the person doing the grabbing claimed that she would let him (i the context of what Trump said).
Seriously?

Where did i ever say that all the women he might have groped wanted it?

What are you focused on?
10/28/16 7:40 pm

Post bonnie knox
Either he is guilty of sexual assault or every woman he grabbed by the crotch wanted it. You seem to be dismissing every woman who claimed he sexually assaulted them, so the implication is that every woman he groped wanted it. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/28/16 9:00 pm

Post georgiapath
Resident Skeptic wrote:
But women love Hillary who supports anti-women regimes in the middle east, and she has a rapist husband? What does say about the majority of women? Who cares if they don't like Trump or the GOP? I sincerely hope the GOP ignores stories like this one and those that say the GOP must capitulate on illegal immigration to appease Hispanics. Who needs any of these sub-groups?

I don't know anybody that is not more concerned with Hillary's lying and corruption than anything that Trump has said or done.
Acts-dicted
10/29/16 9:38 am

Post Re: (L) UncleJD
bonnie knox wrote:

Seriously?

Boy is that out of context. Unless it was someone else's comment you are referring to. If it was mine, then I'll help you out with what I said.

The left and certain others claim that Trump's "bus" comments were the equivalent of sexual assault. So using a comment as basis for an accusation, you have to use the entire comment, in which he said "they let you", that is all I said. You can't use a comment that was most likely made in jest (poor taste as it was) and convict someone without considering the whole statement.

Now an actual incident, if it occurred, of course would not be excused based on his claim, only on whether or not it was "allowed" by the woman. That, you or I can't know without further evidence. Also don't leave out the fact that I said if he is guilty, I hope its proven and that he pays for it. If you weren't referring to my post, then I'm sorry, its hard to tell around here sometimes.

All this while we are ignoring the fact that a very, very recent incident possibly involving children is going on right under Clinton's nose with her right-hand Huma's husband (and fellow democrat big-shot) Anthony Weiner. Now she can't possibly be ignorant of that AND the 20 + years of Bill's shenanigans as well. There is a picture she has painted of someone who at best doesn't care about sexual assault or perversion as long as it doesn't interfere with her personal quest for power.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/29/16 12:32 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
bonnie knox wrote:
Either he is guilty of sexual assault or every woman he grabbed by the crotch wanted it. You seem to be dismissing every woman who claimed he sexually assaulted them, so the implication is that every woman he groped wanted it.

You know bonnie, you are very quick to judge someone for something they never said or implied!
I think you're ridiculous at best to suggest that I would say or even imply something so crude.
If this is all you've got then please don't bother responding to my postings or threads.

We don't have a single ounce of proof that Mr. Trump grabbed anybody's crotch.
Even if there were evidence I would not dismiss such a thing as you so arrogantly suggest.
Who am I to dismiss their claims & who are you to believe such a thing?

A few years ago I had members like you in my church. My minister of music was accused of wrongdoing & had to go to court but the day before trial the girl admitted to making the whole thing up for not getting enough attention at home. From the beginning some members immediately believed the girl (who herself didn't go to our church) & they were embarrassed, to say the least, when he was acquitted.
You remind me of those members who assume guilt based on hearsay.

I may not have Trump on my list of invited guest at any function in the near future but I don't think he should be tried by a court of spectators who believe every accusation that comes along either.

What are you focused on?
10/29/16 1:38 pm

Post bonnie knox
You are getting quite unnecessarily personal by insinuating I believe every
accusation that comes along.
I believe I have demonstrated objectivity here on this forum.

Quite simply, though, if a man grabs a woman's crotch when she has not consented, it is sexual assault.
If you are certain that Trump never sexually assaulted anyone, you are saying that he either never grabbed a woman by the crotch or else every woman he grabbed had given prior consent.
I'm trying to tell you that how the GOP handles this matters to women.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/29/16 9:07 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
The Grand Old Party will soon occupy the dustbin of history. Both Trumpites and NeverTrumpers are thoroughly disgusted with the GOP and each other now, such that a coming together again is impossible. I suppose it is just as well. Hopefully a truly conservative, constitutionalist party will arise from the ashes. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/29/16 11:21 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic