Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

My Mexican wife

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post My Mexican wife Resident Skeptic
She came here as a legal resident in 2001. She finally became an American citizen this year. Today she participated in her first American election and proudly cast her vote for Donald J. Trump.

One of her main concerns is immigrant rights. She feels it is a violation of the rights of true immigrants to allow open borders and cutting in line in front of those who are trying to enter by legal means.
10/26/16 11:35 am

Post Re: My Mexican wife diakoneo
Resident Skeptic wrote:

She feels it is a violation of the rights of true immigrants to allow open borders and cutting in line in front of those who are trying to enter by legal means.

She is correct
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/26/16 12:12 pm

Post Link
Why would it violate the rights of immigrants who followed the procedure any more than it violates the rights of anyone else?

The argument that it violates their rights reminds me of the people who complained in the parable of the laborers in the vineyard. The laborers weren't committing crimes, but some of them got something extra that they didn't deserve, and others who got just what they did deserve-- what was still fair-- complained.
10/26/16 6:48 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Link wrote:
Why would it violate the rights of immigrants who followed the procedure any more than it violates the rights of anyone else?

The argument that it violates their rights reminds me of the people who complained in the parable of the laborers in the vineyard. The laborers weren't committing crimes, but some of them got something extra that they didn't deserve, and others who got just what they did deserve-- what was still fair-- complained.

That is not a very good analogy. Those in the parable got paid. My wife had to pay. By not enforcing immigration law, it is a violation of the rights of those who did obey our laws to come here. It cheapens what they did. Furthermore, my wife is sick of the snide anti-American attitude that permeates the illegal community. They laugh at us. They raise their American born kids to love Mexico first.
10/26/16 8:12 pm

Post Link
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Link wrote:

That is not a very good analogy. Those in the parable got paid. My wife had to pay. By not enforcing immigration law, it is a violation of the rights of those who did obey our laws to come here.

You are missing the point I am making, which is not about being paid or not being paid. Your wife did not become an American citizen because she deserved it. The government was 'gracious' to her and allowed her a path to citizenship. Illegal aliens do not deserve to be made citizens. Again, any illegals allowed amnesty and a path to citizenship get it because of 'grace.'

If illegals trample people's rights by being illegal, they do not trample on her rights any more than the rest of our rights. Your wife did not become a US citizen by 'right', but by grace. But let us say you disagree and say that she got what's fair, like the laborers who worked all day. Illegals who get amnesty got more than they deserved, like the laborers who got a day's wage for less than a day's work.

Another temporal application of the parable is when someone agrees to work for a market wage for a small business owner. Then someone else gets hired for the same job and gets paid more. Complaining about the extra 'grace' the new hire gets is like the laborers in the vineyard complaining about the ones who worked part of the day getting paid more. the small business owner has a right to be generous to whomever he or she wants.

Of course, the parable is spiritual, but it does have some temporal application in the workplace as well.

Many US citizens are effected by the negative (and positive) effects of having cheap illegal aliens in the labor market. It may drive down wages overall, but it may also contribute to keeping homes and restaurant food affordable. Whether reducing wages and restaurant profits tramples on anyone's 'rights' is another issue.
10/26/16 10:28 pm

Post Re: My Mexican wife Cojak
diakoneo wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

She feels it is a violation of the rights of true immigrants to allow open borders and cutting in line in front of those who are trying to enter by legal means.

She is correct
Thumb Up

BUT the USA allowed the 'undocumented' (illegal) folks in and allowed it for years, so much so that the children think they are citizens. They have known nothing else. I still thiink there should be a logical ' path to citizen ship', but not a blanket 'amnesty'. We should be able to work it out. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/27/16 11:44 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Link wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Link wrote:

That is not a very good analogy. Those in the parable got paid. My wife had to pay. By not enforcing immigration law, it is a violation of the rights of those who did obey our laws to come here.

You are missing the point I am making, which is not about being paid or not being paid. Your wife did not become an American citizen because she deserved it. The government was 'gracious' to her and allowed her a path to citizenship. Illegal aliens do not deserve to be made citizens. Again, any illegals allowed amnesty and a path to citizenship get it because of 'grace.'

If illegals trample people's rights by being illegal, they do not trample on her rights any more than the rest of our rights. Your wife did not become a US citizen by 'right', but by grace. But let us say you disagree and say that she got what's fair, like the laborers who worked all day. Illegals who get amnesty got more than they deserved, like the laborers who got a day's wage for less than a day's work.

Another temporal application of the parable is when someone agrees to work for a market wage for a small business owner. Then someone else gets hired for the same job and gets paid more. Complaining about the extra 'grace' the new hire gets is like the laborers in the vineyard complaining about the ones who worked part of the day getting paid more. the small business owner has a right to be generous to whomever he or she wants.

Of course, the parable is spiritual, but it does have some temporal application in the workplace as well.

Many US citizens are effected by the negative (and positive) effects of having cheap illegal aliens in the labor market. It may drive down wages overall, but it may also contribute to keeping homes and restaurant food affordable. Whether reducing wages and restaurant profits tramples on anyone's 'rights' is another issue.

It drives down the overall loyalty to our country. These people come from a culture that knows nothing about the principles that made us great and different from the cultures they came from. I'm talking about simple things like a trial by a jury of your peers, innocent until proven guilty, freedom from illegal search and seizure, and on and on and on. Bribery and extortion s a way of life. Though their lids are born here, somehow they do not quite have the love and loyalty to America that descendants of original settlers have. They view America and Mexico as equals at best, with a greater loyalty overall to a country they've seldom visited and would never live in. That is the reality of mass illegal immigration. It is time to seal the border and end birthright citizenship.

And I'd like to hear your sermon if everywhere you went (the park, Disney world, businesses) people were constantly cutting in line in front of you, or if people constantly entered your home without knocking. The parable you cited was never meant to be used to justify illegal activity. Illegals are lawbreakers, period. They should not be afforded the same considerations and privileges as those who abide by the law, especially when they despise us in their hearts.
10/28/16 5:06 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic