Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Trump's Gettysburg address (source: highlights copied & pasted)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Trump's Gettysburg address (source: highlights copied & pasted) Dean Steenburgh
Donald Trump delivered Saturday on his plan to use historic Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, as the setting for a closing argument in his Republican presidential campaign --

In what Trump billed as a “Contract with the American Voter,” the first-time candidate vowed to within the first 100 days of office to take six majors steps -- including putting term limits on members of Congress.

“It is a contract between myself and the American voter and begins with restoring honesty, accountability and change to Washington,” Trump said.

As part of the contract, Trump wants to impose the term limits through a Constitutional amendment and have a 5 year-ban on White House and congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service. And he wants to impose a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;

“I am not a politician,” Trump also said Saturday. “But when I saw the trouble our country was in, I felt I had to act.”

Trump also said that if elected his administration would try to undo an emerging deal in which AT&T will buy Time Warner, which would create a major media conglomerate.

With Election Day now just 17 days away and Trump trailing Clinton in essentially every poll, the GOP nominee is working to assure voters that he is as capable and knowledgeable about policy as he is about rough-and-tumble electoral politics.

"Trump will use the historic setting of Gettysburg where the country was saved,” a senior campaign source told Fox News before the speech. “He will lay out a concise program that he will commit to execute from the first day in office.”

Gettysburg is where Republican President Abraham Lincoln delivered his famous Gettysburg Address in November 1863 in an attempt to unify Americans amid the Civil War.

Clinton has had a clear policy advantage over Trump since Day One of the 2016 White House race, considering she is a former first lady, New York senator and secretary of state.

Throughout the campaign, and particularly in the candidates’ third-and-final debate Wednesday night, Trump has argued that Clinton, in her 30 years in politics, has failed to solve any major domestic or foreign issues for the United States.

On Saturday, Trump again suggested Clinton lied to the FBI and Justice Department in their investigations into her use of a private server system as secretary of state because she said during the probes 36 times that she couldn’t recall what she had done.

Trump is making several stops this weekend in Pennsylvania, one of a handful of battleground states that he must win to become president.

He trails Clinton in Pennsylvania by 6 percent points, according to the RealClearPolitics polls average.

However, Trump appears in the past few days to be cutting into Clinton’s lead, in part with his repeated message that the liberal media has rigged the election.

A Reuters poll released on Friday showed Trump having cut Clinton’s lead in half.

“The media refuses to talk about the three new national polls that have me in first place,” Trump tweeted overnight. “Biggest crowds ever -- watch what happens!”

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
10/23/16 4:41 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic