Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Beer and bacon cheeseburgers - Is Jesus disqualified from COG leadership?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Cojak
Beer and bacon cheeseburgers - Is Jesus disqualified from COG leadership?

I don't think so (disqualified I mean) . This is an educate guess, not fact. BUT Imma thinking if the Lord's name was run in the voting for General Overseer He would get 110% of the vote (cause some of the ministers already passed, would come back to vote, them that wuz democrats))

But I think the 'Ordained Folk' would allow for one or two 'little rules' he broke! Considering He has a lot of NAME recognition! Wink Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/5/16 4:39 pm

Post MARK317
Patrick Harris wrote:
MARK317 wrote:
Patrick Harris wrote:
MARK317 wrote:
But you can not have one drink without endangering you, and others.
And it is a deception to group alcohol with those other things. Personal responsibility or not, alcohol is a game-changer.

Not a true statement. The average liver can metabolize approximately 30ml of ethanol per hour or about one drink. So the average person can drink one drink or glass of wine over an hour with a meal and still be sober.

Use facts, not hyperbole.

And there it is. Let me guess, you drink alcohol.
Earlier in my life, I did drink alcohol. You can't tell me anything about only one drink. I don't care where you get your "facts". I don't care. Because I know. I don't care about the liver or the metabolizing of 30 ml, or any other lame excuse. I know. And if you'd be honest, you know.

No I don't drink actually, but I also don't exaggerate facts to make a point.
Earlier in my life I drank a lot, it's something I no longer do. But I also won't attack someone's else's personal conviction by not telling the truth.

No exaggeration here pal. Forget the science part you use to condone it for just a minute. Look around, open your eyes. Read a newspaper just from the city you are from and you can not deny the truth of the unparalleled damage of even casual, recreational use of alcohol. If you get drunk on 5 drinks, if you drink 1 drink, you are 20% drunk. And that is all it takes. "Personal convictions" over truth, is what has ruined untold numbers of lives.
You can hold your stance, but you are wrong.
Acts-celerater
9/7/16 1:30 pm

Post Patrick Harris
Mark317
Continue to spout untruths.
Your call.

I know dozens of social drinkers who have never impacted anyone else's life. Who've never been publicly drunk, never drive after drinking.
There's so more facts for you.
Acts Enthusiast
9/7/16 2:09 pm

Post MARK317
Patrick Harris wrote:
Mark317
Continue to spout untruths.
Your call.

I know dozens of social drinkers who have never impacted anyone else's life. Who've never been publicly drunk, never drive after drinking.
There's so more facts for you.

You live in a dream world to believe that those same people have never impacted anyone else, or been publicly drunk, and have never driven after drinking. Nice thought, but just not true. Maybe not according to the town drunk, but they in deed impact others lives because they are at some percentage intoxicated.
"Untruths"? you know good and well those people have made a fool out of themselves at public places, and they drive their car at times. Very naive to think that.
Every day we see this going on around us, and yet there are people like you that do not think drinking impacts others. Just not true. The truth is all around you.
Acts-celerater
9/7/16 2:39 pm

Post Cojak
Come on Mark, now you know Patrick's friends? I too have known many social drinkers with NO PROBLEMS involving alcohol. I travel in different cirlces now and know only a couple social dinkers. Neither have ever had a ticket nor and accident, much less made a fool of themselves in public.

I am amazed at the people whose first statement about someone who has a beer on a hot day, LOOK HE is a DRUNK!

Sounds sorta like the ones who said of the lord, "He is a wine bibber and associates with them."

There is certainly problems associated with alcohol, but the problem is 'One's Personal Responsibility.' Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/7/16 7:44 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic