Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

How much STUFF do you have that's unnecessary?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post How much STUFF do you have that's unnecessary? roughridercog
Packing for our retirement condo, I'm faced with some hard truths. Our lives are filled with too much STUFF.
Here are some examples:
Clothes that you don't wear because they don't fit, but you keep them just in case you lose weight.
Our libraries are filled with volumes of books we seldom touch.
Shoes? Don't even get me started.
Small appliances that we bought, used twice, and put it away.
Dozens of hats when we only have one head.
How many ties do we need anyway?
Cheap junky souvenirs and coffee cups that match nothing in the kitchen.
Hundreds of small tools that you've bought thinking their predecessors were lost only to find them after you replace them.

Staring at the mound of boxes, shaking my head in disbelief, and rubbing my sore back.
8/26/16 10:26 am

Post Re: How much STUFF do you have that's unnecessary? UncleJD
roughridercog wrote:
Packing for our retirement condo, I'm faced with some hard truths. Our lives are filled with too much STUFF.
Here are some examples:
Clothes that you don't wear because they don't fit, but you keep them just in case you lose weight.
Our libraries are filled with volumes of books we seldom touch.
Shoes? Don't even get me started.
Small appliances that we bought, used twice, and put it away.
Dozens of hats when we only have one head.
How many ties do we need anyway?
Cheap junky souvenirs and coffee cups that match nothing in the kitchen.
Hundreds of small tools that you've bought thinking their predecessors were lost only to find them after you replace them.

Staring at the mound of boxes, shaking my head in disbelief, and rubbing my sore back.

Truth! I'd like to leave 90% of what I have every time I move. I hate the cycle. I try to warn people when they bring junk home that they'll be the one that packs it up.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
8/26/16 11:19 am

Post georgiapath
We have lived in the same house for nearly 47 years. I would like to move one more time and I don't think I would buy as much next time. Laughing Laughing Acts-dicted
8/26/16 1:31 pm

Post Cojak
Yep, we have too much stuff. But it is all important, or it was when we put it back. We moved from 2700 sq ft into the 300 sq ft motor home. WE had a super dooper yard sale and give away. Now every corner of the motor home is packed. Somethig in, somethig must go out.

BUT to tell the truth I bought an old tractor trailer, trailer. filled that sucker and put it in the woods. Ten years later we could throw the rest of the stuff away, the squirels, rats and snakes took care of the 'stuff' we thought we should save. Sadly it was to throw away in the end. It could have benefited someone had we given much more things away. Sad

For a fact Brother, it really ain't no fun, but as with PAIN, it sure feels good when it is over. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/26/16 5:13 pm

Post Brandon Bowers
When my parents retired and moved to Florida 2 years ago, they had to get an auction company to come in, take a lot of their stuff, and sell it.

Then it still took them two 27-foot trucks to get everything to Florida.

Then it all wouldn't fit into their new house, so it stayed on the carport until they could donate the unnecessary stuff to Goodwill.

That's what happens when you live somewhere for 28 years, add on to the house multiple times, fill every attic and closet to the max, and retire into a 1200 sq ft home.
8/30/16 7:37 pm

Post I misread the subject line brotherjames
I thought you were asking how much STAFF do you have that's unnecessary. Laughing Embarassed Laughing

Well, I have a couple I'd like to get rid of. Could thing they don't read ACTS.

Not only that but I was recently in a conversation with one of our District Superintendents and he indicated that he'd like to get rid of about half the pastors in this particular state as they had just become "placeholders". They are in merely a "maintenance mode" and are not effective in the ministry. He told me in many of those pastors churches NO ONE had been saved in many years and they had not only plateaued but were going backward numerically and spiritually much less having any impact on their communities.

A sad commentary for sure.
Acts-celerater
9/3/16 3:53 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic