Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

NeverTrump isn't Preening -- It's Mourning (L)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post NeverTrump isn't Preening -- It's Mourning (L) Quiet Wyatt
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/439316/never-trump-mourning-donald-trump-success [Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/24/16 5:07 pm

Post Re: NeverTrump isn't Preening -- It's Mourning (L) Resident Skeptic
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/439316/never-trump-mourning-donald-trump-success

Pathetic article.
8/24/16 8:10 pm

Post Cojak
What is so pathetic is the 'Established' GOP cannot see they created this atmosphere of Trump time. They could not see the writing on the wall that people were tired of 'Conservative' being voted into office then all of a sudden, well over a short time, the 'Conservative' soon became part of the old boy network. The spending kept on, Government did not slow down, more government, more restrictive laws etc. For the last many years there was no difference in DEM or REP leadear ship, the machine plodded along eating up money we do not have.

Even now, they would rather destroy any chance to salvage just to satisfy their personal positions.

Folks were tired of it, they chose the only real alternative to the same old same old. The right man? Heck NO! But nothing was presented but different versions of WHAT WE HAVE HAD! Sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/24/16 8:42 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
... [Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/24/16 11:07 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Cojak wrote:
What is so pathetic is the 'Established' GOP cannot see they created this atmosphere of Trump time. They could not see the writing on the wall that people were tired of 'Conservative' being voted into office then all of a sudden, well over a short time, the 'Conservative' soon became part of the old boy network. The spending kept on, Government did not slow down, more government, more restrictive laws etc. For the last many years there was no difference in DEM or REP leadear ship, the machine plodded along eating up money we do not have.

Even now, they would rather destroy any chance to salvage just to satisfy their personal positions.

Folks were tired of it, they chose the only real alternative to the same old same old. The right man? Heck NO! But nothing was presented but different versions of WHAT WE HAVE HAD! Sad

So right Cojak.
I see it the same way.
8/25/16 8:06 am

Post c6thplayer1
Cojak wrote:

Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/25/16 10:53 am

Post bonnie knox
If folks wanted a conservative who was willing to stand up for conservative principles, they could have voted for Ted Cruz.

Cojak wrote:

[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/25/16 11:41 am

Post Cojak
bonnie knox wrote:
If folks wanted a conservative who was willing to stand up for conservative principles, they could have voted for Ted Cruz.

Folks saw Cruz as part of the Washington crowd, no matter how he tried, he could not get away from the fact he was still a politician. And in the eyes of the base they were sick of THEIR politicians. He was fighting several battles at once. He used poor judgement several times to prove a point (IMO) One of which was calling a leader a liar on the floor of congress, right or wrong it went against common ethics. Anyway, all I am trying to do is defend my position. The only footing I have is folks are sick of Washington politicians.

(Probably not enough are sick of the Establishment, cause the ESTABLISHED Hillary appears to be going in, BUT I SURE HOPE NOT! Embarassed

I had to laugh as my man Jeb said, "Trump says he is no politician, he is changing his tune to satisfy the crowd he is speaking to, that is a politician." And I thought, Jeb I liked you and YOU ARE THE SAME, A POLITICIAN! Embarassed I really did like Jeb, but I am very sick of him and Mitt, the more they speak it comes across like Sour Grapes, more politicians. I am sick of them myownself! Embarassed Shocked
8/25/16 11:58 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Cruz has been one GOP senator who has been particularly notably anti-establishment. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/26/16 12:05 am

Post bonnie knox
Cojak, you always hear candidates with no political experience claim that people will elect them because they are tired of "politics as usual," yet voters usually end up electing an insider. Trump has indeed been an exception to that in the primaries, but the irony is that rather than going for someone with conservative principles, the Republican Primary voters have chosen a celebrity with no core principles. And in the end, we may end up with a very corrupt, very much "insider" madam president.
Did the disgust with "politics as usual" reach critical mass finally? Is that what gave Trump the edge? Or was it all the free publicity he got from being so outrageous he could bring in ratings? Was it that he was able to tap into the fears of people who are afraid are country is being taken over by Muslims while we have a president who sympathizes with them? Was it that he was willing to talk about immigration? (Read his lips, he is going to deport 11 million... ...oops, reality just set in. Remind me again why Rubio wasn't the nominee.)
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/26/16 7:43 am

Post UncleJD
Cojak wrote:
Folks saw Cruz as part of the Washington crowd

An excellent commentary on the intelligence of the average Trump voter.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
8/26/16 7:44 am

Post Brandon Bohannon
Jeb, Cruz, Rubio, Kasich, Carson, Fiorina...

The Republican party never saw it coming and they never knew what hit them. Romney and Jeb continue to prove that they don't understand what happened to them.

I voted for Bob Dole (even though I knew that he had ZERO chance against Bill Clinton), I voted for George Bush both times and I voted for McCain/Palin. Two "wins" and two "losses".

Why do I feel like a conservative will not win again for a really, really long time, perhaps in my lifetime?

This election stinks!
Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35; Acts 1:8
Acts-celerater
8/26/16 8:14 am

Post UncleJD
Brandon Bohannon wrote:

Why do I feel like a conservative will not win again for a really, really long time, perhaps in my lifetime?

This election stinks!

Because Trump is redefining conservatism as populism tainted with racist and nationalistic overtones and a heaping side-dish of idiocy. It will take a new Reagan to "right the ship". As we saw with Reagan, it can be done in only one election. The true conservative message (small government, individualism, liberty, free trade, small business, low taxes, etc..) is appealing to Americans, they just haven't heard it in a long time.
8/26/16 9:25 am

Post c6thplayer1
Cojak wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:

He used poor judgement several times to prove a point (IMO) One of which was calling a leader a liar on the floor of congress, right or wrong it went against common ethics.
Embarassed Shocked

We need a comparison of name calling , Cruz vs trump. Trump would win the slug of year award for this.
8/26/16 9:58 am

Post c6thplayer1
bonnie knox wrote:

but the irony is that rather than going for someone with conservative principles, the Republican Primary voters have chosen a celebrity with no core principles. And in the end, we may end up with a very corrupt, very much "insider" madam president.

Did the disgust with "politics as usual" reach critical mass finally? Is that what gave Trump the edge? Or was it all the free publicity he got from being so outrageous he could bring in ratings? Was it that he was able to tap into the fears of people who are afraid are country is being taken over by Muslims while we have a president who sympathizes with them? Was it that he was willing to talk about immigration? (Read his lips, he is going to deport 11 million... ...oops, reality just set in. Remind me again why Rubio wasn't the nominee.)

Its nothing more than a reflection of the voters table of ethics. About the 11 million that would be deported , well the voters just fell for that lie like they have concerning ;

Taxes - banning muslims - self funding - transgendered bathrooms - releasing his tax returns - abortions - no Medicare changes -
no Social Security changes - raising minimum wage - rejecting Syrian refugees - the wall and Mexico paying for it.

And thats not to mention just a few like;

He blames the media for his failures.
He defames Gold Star Families
HE defames anyone who disagrees with him
He Lies constantly
He suggested violence against his opponent
HE called our president a traitor

Trumps shifting positions probably shouldnt surprise anyone at this point. Both Trump himself and his campaign seem uniquely incapable of sticking to even their most adamantly stated positions.

I guess he figures he can do it now since he is the presumptive nominee and has pulled a con job on his voters.

He's only a notch or two above hillary whom is 4 notches below pitiful.

Get ready for the diversion now.
8/26/16 10:08 am

Post UncleJD
Cojak wrote:

He used poor judgement several times to prove a point (IMO) One of which was calling a leader a liar on the floor of congress, right or wrong it went against common ethics.
Embarassed Shocked

Poor Judgement? Really? Rolling Eyes

Jesus wrote:
"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?
8/26/16 11:15 am

Post Cojak
c6thplayer1 wrote:

We need a comparison of name calling , Cruz vs trump. Trump would win the slug of year award for this.

YOu ain't going to get an argument from me on that. It is where it was said, in what some see as the 'Sacred Halls of Government', good or bad that is how I have read and heard it said.

But of course Trump would win hands down, one of the stupid things is is guilty of.

But in the end, I will still vote "Anyone who MIGHT beat Hillary." No I don't like it but I will try to eat what is on my plate.

The polls are crazy this year. Just today I read Hillary's lead dropped 7 points in 3 days. Tomorrow the headlines could be she climbed 12 points. This is crazy. Shocked
8/26/16 5:23 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Cojak wrote:

Sorry. I was in Mexico and could not elaborate more. Yes, I agree with you 100%.
8/27/16 4:32 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Cojak wrote:

Sorry. I was in Mexico and could not elaborate more. Yes, I agree with you 100%.

By any chance did you happen to pick up the first payment from Enrique Peña Nieto { Mexican President } on the wall? Cool
8/27/16 5:08 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
c6thplayer1 wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Cojak wrote:

By any chance did you happen to pick up the first payment from Enrique Peña Nieto { Mexican President } on the wall? Cool

Have you , by any chance, understood how Trump intends on making them pay for the wall? Probably not.
8/27/16 5:11 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic