Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Have you ever been insulted? Man, your sermon.... You just didn't have it today, did you?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Have you ever been insulted? Man, your sermon.... You just didn't have it today, did you? Cojak
That NEVER happened to me, HOWEVER I just published my 10th book, called "The Appalachian Trail". All my books up until now have been bought by or given away to church folk I knew or family and friends. What book reviews I received were 'complimentary', glowing. None of my books are big sellers. 525 is the tops. But I was happy.

This last book has interest outside my sphere of influence. Many folk research and read about the AT, I did. But oh, I was thrilled, Amazon recommended my book, WOW!

BUT but then I nearly cried when I read the first review:

"I may never forgive Amazon for recommending this book, not worth the time to read the title, etc! a complete waste of money, ETC."

There were some more about as good! LOL

I finally mustered the time to look around at life. The books I have read by authors who poured their hearts out into them, and I could not finish the book. Not everyone sees life the way I do. LOL

I understood exactly where the FIRST guy was coming from. There are purests who Hike the trail. You are a pansy if you stay in a motel. If you eat at a restaurant, etc. I was able to smile thru gritted teeth trying to say, it is a novel for heaven's sake not a hiking guide. LOL

I feel better. There were some good reviews. A couple 5 stars. But we want ALL 5 stars. Hahahhahahaha. Even preachers. So on this book I got my come-uppins! Not everyone is going to like your books, Jack! Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/23/16 12:48 am

Post Truman Here M Truman Smith
I don't remember any< well As I was typing I did remember one . it was at a New Years Eve service and I totally agreed with the Lady .

But I have told Gloria many times That I just did not have "IT " today ,

Now Cojak You will probably like this . " I told Gloria I want to die in the pulpit ". She replied , " What Again "? God bless T Love you folk .
Hey, DOC
8/23/16 6:55 am

Post bonnie knox
Well, you've hit the big time when you get complete strangers to review your book. Wink [Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/23/16 6:57 am

Post Link
One preacher said he believed in dreams and visions, but felt a bit insulted when someone told him, "During your sermon, the Lord gave me a dream."
8/23/16 9:51 am

Post c6thplayer1
Its a lot like politics Cojak , If you dont support trump people hate you. If you dont support Hillary people hate you.

The spirit of hate and discontent looks for those whom it can devour.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/23/16 10:20 am

Post georgiapath
c6thplayer1 wrote:
Its a lot like politics Cojak , If you dont support trump people hate you. If you dont support Hillary people hate you.

You might be right, I have a sister a lot like that.
Acts-dicted
8/23/16 10:52 am

Post Cojak
bonnie knox wrote:
Well, you've hit the big time when you get complete strangers to review your book. Wink

THANKS Bonnie, that will be on tonight's Blog! Cool
8/23/16 11:08 am

Post Re: Truman Here Cojak
M Truman Smith wrote:
I don't remember any< well As I was typing I did remember one . it was at a New Years Eve service and I totally agreed with the Lady .

But I have told Gloria many times That I just did not have "IT " today ,

Now Cojak You will probably like this . " I told Gloria I want to die in the pulpit ". She replied , " What Again "? God bless T Love you folk .

Okay Truman, I SMILED BIG TIME. Hug that sweet lady for us, we still remember our time together (in and out of church) with more smiles. Cool
8/23/16 11:20 am

Post Cojak
Link wrote:
One preacher said he believed in dreams and visions, but felt a bit insulted when someone told him, "During your sermon, the Lord gave me a dream."

Smile ..................... Wink
8/23/16 11:21 am

Post Cojak
c6thplayer1 wrote:

Thanks C6th and you too GP! Embarassed Smile Smile Smile
8/23/16 11:22 am

Post Cojak
A friend, Joe Lawing, pastors Unity Baptist in Belmont. He told me once after a Sunday morning service he was feeling good and were out for dinner when a stranger approached and said, "I was visiting Unity this morning, you just didn't have it today, did you?"

We got a good laugh, but he said at time it really hurt! Embarassed Wink
8/23/16 11:25 am

Post Re: Have you ever been insulted? Man, your sermon.... You just didn't have it today, did you? Old Time Country Preacher
Cojak wrote:
Not everyone is going to like your books, Jack! Smile

An everbody aint gonna like our preachin either, Cojak. But when ya called, hey, ya gotta preach it in season an outta season.

An when a feller is gifted to write, WRITE ON...........Bro. Wink
Acts-pert Poster
8/23/16 4:17 pm

Post You brought back a memory JLarry
I was preaching a revival at an AG church in the town I now live in.

Older gentleman invited us to his house for lunch.

While eating lunch he said. You are an amazing preacher. You are the only one I have ever heard preach a three minute sermon in thirty minutes. He said it in a way to this day I do not know if he was serious or joking.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
8/23/16 5:54 pm

Post Re: You brought back a memory Cojak
JLarry wrote:
I was preaching a revival at an AG church in the town I now live in.

Older gentleman invited us to his house for lunch.

While eating lunch he said. You are an amazing preacher. You are the only one I have ever heard preach a three minute sermon in thirty minutes. He said it in a way to this day I do not know if he was serious or joking.
Shocked ................. Smile ................................ Wink Musta been okay, he invited you to dinner! Smile

I gotta remember that one! Smile
8/23/16 9:57 pm

Post Da Sheik
If you've never been criticized, you've likely never accomplished (or set out to accomplish) anything. I've had sermons criticized (some of them rightly so Embarassed ), published articles criticized, and many leadership decisions second-guessed or criticized over the years. I don't know why we have this tendency, but if there's a sample of 100 people- and 99 of them give a positive review- and one person gives a negative.....we will focus on the one! And yes, I'm speaking from experience...in the words of the great Sy Sperling..."I'm not just the president of the "Hair Club for Men"... Cool Acts Enthusiast
8/24/16 11:07 am

Post Cojak
Da Sheik wrote:
If you've never been criticized, you've likely never accomplished (or set out to accomplish) anything. I've had sermons criticized (some of them rightly so Embarassed ), published articles criticized, and many leadership decisions second-guessed or criticized over the years. I don't know why we have this tendency, but if there's a sample of 100 people- and 99 of them give a positive review- and one person gives a negative.....we will focus on the one! And yes, I'm speaking from experience...in the words of the great Sy Sperling..."I'm not just the president of the "Hair Club for Men"... Cool

Thanks my friend, I like how you stated that! Cool
8/24/16 8:48 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic