Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Faith News Network article says Healing is Always God's Will (L)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I think you missed my point brotherjames
And I couldn't disagree with you more. Not questioning your faith nor mine but as someone else pointed out, it's not God's will that any go to Hell but many will anyway. It's a little different than that but again whether we see everyone healed or not does not negate that according to the Word it IS God's will to heal. I was appealing to your logic only in the sense that when you consider the scriptures I laid out, it can logically be uderstood what is God's will regarding healing.

I know the problem is most likely with me and not God when people I pray for aren't healed. Otherwise His Word is lying to me and I don't believe that's possible. Enjoy yourself in Flagler Beach/Palm Coast. Just got back from West Palm yesterday.
Acts-celerater
8/28/16 7:51 am

Post Re: Let me suggest one more thing diakoneo
Cojak wrote:

Can I actually stop the WILL of the Supreme being?

Shocked

Excellent point!

Thumb Up
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
8/28/16 9:56 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
I know I may never get there but I surely won't if every time I pray, I pray "Lord if it's your will heal this person." That's the MOST faithless prayer I have ever heard and coming from the mouths of so-called Pentecostals pains me even more than you could possible imagine.

I can assure you it's not a faithless prayer.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/28/16 12:33 pm

Post Sotry Bonnie et all brotherjames
It IS THE MOST FAITHLESS prayer I could imagine. Think about it, if you pray "it it be your will Lord", why bother praying? Since you have no idea if He will do something you're not praying in faith, you're praying "I hope". No faith in that. Acts-celerater
8/28/16 2:59 pm

Post bonnie knox
It puts the faith right square where it ought to be--in God and His sovereignty, not in our own ability to muster up the right amount of faith or exploit the secret formula.
By the way, "hope" is not a dirty word in scripture, though the WOF proponents might claim otherwise.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/28/16 3:41 pm

Post Re: Sotry Bonnie et all Cojak
brotherjames wrote:
It IS THE MOST FAITHLESS prayer I could imagine. Think about it, if you pray "if it be your will Lord", why bother praying? Since you have no idea if He will do something you're not praying in faith, you're praying "I hope". No faith in that.

Seems if it is His will that all be healed, then why pray, His will WILL be done.

And If it is up to us, then one prayer should do it. Are we reminding God of His WILL? This gets more confusing to an old guy.

So Imma quit., Love you bro. Yes we are enjoying the Palm Coast, but we head back to NC in a few days for a month. Then back this way.

Love and the best to you! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/28/16 4:19 pm

Post Re: Sotry Bonnie et all Nature Boy Florida
brotherjames wrote:
It IS THE MOST FAITHLESS prayer I could imagine. Think about it, if you pray "it it be your will Lord", why bother praying? Since you have no idea if He will do something you're not praying in faith, you're praying "I hope". No faith in that.

Jesus really blew it in the Garden of Gethsemane.

I really thought He would be the one guy that would know how to pray correctly.

Who knew?
8/29/16 7:46 am

Post Well NBF brotherjames
my brother, you are using apples and oranges aren't you? If you don't know the Will of God in a situation then you absolutely should pray as Jesus the Son of God prayed, "Lord not my will but yours be done".

BUT and however, when the revealed will of God is available to us or known then to pray "IF it be your will" would absolutely be a FAITHLESS prayer wouldn't it? Just sayin...

Your problem and others is that you try to say you don't know His will regarding healing when in fact it has been revealed to us. For me to pray your prayer would be faithless, for you perhaps not so much. I prefer to err on the side of faith however. My complaint and problem stems from how far our doctrine has slipped into this "faithless" realm in the last 50 years. We didn't used to be here and our Pentecostal forefathers would be amazed.
Acts-celerater
8/29/16 1:52 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
So Jesus didn't know if Calvary was the will of God for him? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/29/16 2:20 pm

Post You misunderstand methinks brotherjames
of course He knew it was the will of God and He wasn't really praying as if He did not know it. As a man, who was tempted/tested in every area as we are, He would have liked to have not suffered the physical torture and death he knew was awaiting Him. But HE KNEW it was the will of God so He prayed nevertheless, not MY will but yours be done. His will was to avoid it but for this purpose was the Son of God made manifest - to go to the cross. He knew.

I was referring to NBF with a rhetorical dialogue and if I gave the impression Jesus didn't know God's Will, I apologize, He did. NBF isn't so sure. A better illustration would be a case where one wasn't sure what job to take, what woman to marry etc. There you could easily say, If it be your will Lord (in a sense asking for God's Wisdom and direction). BUT when you know the Will of God on a matter to pray IF it be your will, that would be a Faithless prayer.
Acts-celerater
8/29/16 2:36 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic