Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Faith News Network article says Healing is Always God's Will (L)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Faith News Network article says Healing is Always God's Will (L) Quiet Wyatt
http://www.faithnews.cc/?p=23085

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 8/20/16 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/20/16 1:28 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
(Source: Charis Bible College)

CBC is a unaccredited school...................Andrew Wommack...............Woffie..................well, you git the picture.
Acts-pert Poster
8/20/16 7:49 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Yes, I noticed that too. Why would the CoG official news service publish that though? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/20/16 9:21 am

Post Eddie Robbins
They post "news from the evangelical world." They don't endorse the content, only report it. Acts-pert Poster
8/20/16 9:23 am

Post diakoneo
Eddie Robbins wrote:
They post "news from the evangelical world." They don't endorse the content, only report it.

This looks like a doctrine piece to me. Where is the commentary? Seems if it was supposed to be news it would have some commentary.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
8/20/16 10:38 am

Post Eddie Robbins
It's not fair to say that "Faith News says that......" They only published the article.

Look at the types of articles they publish:

http://www.faithnews.cc/
Acts-pert Poster
8/20/16 11:30 am

Post diakoneo
Perhaps it is an oversight on their part but I think the article should read something like: "According to Charis Bible College...etc. etc."

That is just me though. Smile
8/20/16 11:36 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I have edited my original post. Nevertheless, it still seems odd that they would publish something like that without comment.
I would be similarly surprised if they were to publish, without comment, something that claimed the genuine gifts of the Spirit had ceased or that claimed universalism were true.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/20/16 12:03 pm

Post Or maybe brotherjames
The Truth is that it is God's Will to heal. Have any one of you doubters ever considered the option that your doctrine could be wrong. Gasp. Acts-celerater
8/20/16 1:19 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
COG doctrine:

Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
Acts-pert Poster
8/20/16 2:12 pm

Post Sounds about right brotherjames
Then what's the problem? Acts-celerater
8/20/16 2:22 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Don't know. It's right in line with what the COG believes. Acts-pert Poster
8/20/16 2:39 pm

Post diakoneo
Eddie Robbins wrote:
COG doctrine:

Does that mean it is always God's will to heal?
8/20/16 3:01 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
diakoneo wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
COG doctrine:

Does that mean it is always God's will to heal?

I am not saying that I agree with the COG doctrine, only pointing out that this article is consistent with the teaching. This is what you believe as a church.
Acts-pert Poster
8/20/16 3:13 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
The application of the doctrine of healing provided for all in the atonement in classical Pentecostalism has definitely not been in agreement with the ideas set forth by the Word of Faith movement. Many CoG folk, such as myself, affirm healing provided for in the atonement, but only completely fulfilled in the resurrected, glorified future, recognizing with Paul in Romans 8 for instance the present subjection of this fallen world and fallen humanity to futility and mortality while groaning for deliverance from the bondage to decay (mortality) which we all have inherited due to sin. In the resurrection, our mortal bodies shall put on immortality. Until then we will all suffer and die eventually. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/20/16 4:57 pm

Post Re: Or maybe Cojak
brotherjames wrote:
The Truth is that it is God's Will to heal. Have any one of you doubters ever considered the option that your doctrine could be wrong. Gasp.

If that is a fact, I am sure disappointed in folks, even my mama and daddy. I am shocked to know they were unbelievers or didn't have enough faith. Even the man I did not know, but respected above most in the COG, C. Conn who told my brother in law how he had fasted and prayed before God for a family member and they still were not healed.

I do not buy the tap dance, if a person dies they ARE HEALED. No they are dead. They now have an immortal body. Shocked

Provided for all does not mean guaranteed! (does it?) Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/20/16 5:00 pm

Post Re: Or maybe Old Time Country Preacher
brotherjames wrote:
The Truth is that it is God's Will to heal. Have any one of you doubters ever considered the option that your doctrine could be wrong. Gasp.

Yes, BJ, I have considered such a possibility. This is actually what became the catalyst for my research (historical, biblical, theological, etc.) regardin this issue. A thorough and consistent application of the grammatico-historical hermeneutical method revealed the woffie position to be faulty.
Acts-pert Poster
8/20/16 5:47 pm

Post You know I disagree brotherjames
So we won't belabor the point. My hermaneutics proved contrary to yours as do most not WoF but classical Pentecostals such as F.F. Bosworth et al. Acts-celerater
8/20/16 6:48 pm

Post Cojak
This is a complicated subject. If one cannot see it, they have never been at the point where you just might say, WHY? Such as a pastor who is diagnosed with leukemia. He has left a comfortable growing business after feeling the call to preach. He is pastoring a struggling church, no insurance. He falls on his face before his God and prays for healing. He loves his God with all his heart, he had given up wealth of the world to serve the Lord. The healing does not come. He leaves a widow and two children saddled with thousands of $ of medical bills.

Several 'High powered' Evangelists visited, declaring YOU ARE HEALED, but he died 2-3 weeks later.

WAs his faith weak, I personally doubt it. If he is guaranteed healing just as his Salvation, he only had to believe.

Help me here. Was this pastor a fake all the time and not a child of God? Did he somehow not know the 'magic words'? Does our Lord stand in heaven awaiting something special from my friend? Some feeling or task, an answer to a puzzle that if he figured it all out, he would be alive for his widow now? Please help me here. Confused This is real life, not some TV show. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/20/16 11:26 pm

Post Re: You know I disagree Old Time Country Preacher
brotherjames wrote:
My hermaneutics proved contrary to yours.

BJ, the hermeneutic you usin can't even spell correctly, much less set forth solid theology. Twisted Evil Wink
Acts-pert Poster
8/21/16 12:16 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic