Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I am voting for Donald Trump...gladly
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I am voting for Donald Trump...gladly Travis Johnson
Donald Trump is right about unvetted immigration. It's ludicrous that we would invite the kind of nonsense Eurpoe is dealing with by accelerating this kind of immigration.

Further, a Hillary Clinton presidency is the end of a rational and Constitutional Supreme Court, period. Zero doubt about that. So, with a third party vote or a Hillary Clinton vote, get ready for more:

-IRS overreach into nonprofits
-even more permissive abortion policy, including your tax dollars funding it.
-restrictions on religious expression.

Donald Trump is crass. And, he is deeply flawed. So, we've got two candidates that are deeply flawed. That's the reality of our situation. With that said, I am voting for one of the two candidates that I think gives the best opportunity for freedom, security, and life. That's a no brainier in my mind.
Acts-dicted
8/5/16 10:09 am

Post c6thplayer1
I'm preparing for 8 more years of Obama. America surely wont elect this bum. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/5/16 10:16 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
I think Trump has a chance. It is still way early - and he is running against Hillary. Overconfidence will bring her down. They are going for the jugular on Trump way too early. He has already beaten better politicians than she is.

My only concern is Trump might not want to win anymore.

All he needs to do is stay on point on the things Travis mentions.
He is right on those and a majority of Americans agree.
8/5/16 10:20 am

Post c6thplayer1
I really hope he does win. Can you imagine the circus when congress reject's
some of his plans? trumps tantrums now are minuscule compared to what he will do if he is in power.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/5/16 10:53 am

Post UncleJD
c6thplayer1 wrote:
I really hope he does win. Can you imagine the circus when congress reject's
some of his plans? trumps tantrums now are minuscule compared to what he will do if he is in power.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yep, a sure fire way to end the Republican party completely. If he loses and Republicans maintain majorities in Congress, none of the dire predictions need come true. If he wins somehow, then in 4 years after a failed presidency that makes us all look like fools for 40 years, all of those predictions and more come true with not only sweeping losses in both houses and in the executive branch, but also at the state level where most states that were swing states will become permanently blue, and many red states will become purple.

I'm happy to predict that Trump does not win, majorities are maintained, and in 4 years the Republican party figures out a way to win the next election, probably with a Marco Rubio, and disaster is averted.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
8/5/16 11:54 am

Post Patrick Harris
The whole point of voting is that we are a free society that allows our citizens to vote for the candidate of their choice.

If the majority of the evangelical Christians vote Trump into office then they have lost their ability to ever be a voice of moral good for our nation any longer.
Acts Enthusiast
8/5/16 5:26 pm

Post Travis Johnson
Patrick Harris wrote:
The whole point of voting is that we are a free society that allows our citizens to vote for the candidate of their choice.

If the majority of the evangelical Christians vote Trump into office then they have lost their ability to ever be a voice of moral good for our nation any longer.

I don't understand that line of thought at all.

We work with what we have. We do what we can with what we have.

We go to battle with the army we have, not the army we want.

Right now, there are two choices. Gary Johnson and Jill Stein aren't legitimate choices. And, sitting it out isn't an option for me. The choices are Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. Clinton is as corrupt as you get. She will continue the greatest racial killings in the history of the world: abortion. She is most certainly up for sale to the highest bidder. She will further erode religious freedom.

And, while some folks wait for Billy Graham to run for office, she will continue advance ideology that you and I should discard our religious ideology to further embrace her views on social issues.

Donald Trump needs to get a handle of his words. But, even if he doesn't, I'm voting for him because the alternative is frightening. The desire to vote for a pure, moralistic person is a hope. And, in this cycle it is a misplaced hope.

So, settling into the idea that I will be voting for someone whose mouth is as foul as Churchill's, I will find myself hoping this flawed candidate that we have in Donald Trump can overcome the forces pushing back against his candidacy, including himself.
Acts-dicted
8/5/16 5:46 pm

Post Brandon Bowers
[quote="Travis Johnson"]
Patrick Harris wrote:

Right now, there are two choices. Gary Johnson and Jill Stein aren't legitimate choices.

Travis --- if one of them had a fighting chance to win, would you consider it?

I'd love to be able to vote for Johnson, but as a country, we're not there yet with a third party on the big vote.. local stuff -- hit or miss, but not the White House...

So my line of thinking resonates a lot with what you state here, because I'll vote for whoever is most likely to keep Hillary out.
8/5/16 5:56 pm

Post Patrick Harris
Travis Johnson wrote:
Patrick Harris wrote:

Right now, there are two choices. Gary Johnson and Jill Stein aren't legitimate choices. And, sitting it out isn't an option for me. The choices are Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. Clinton is as corrupt as you get. She will continue the greatest racial killings in the history of the world: abortion. She is most certainly up for sale to the highest bidder. She will further erode religious freedom.

And, while some folks wait for Billy Graham to run for office, she will continue advance ideology that you and I should discard our religious ideology to further embrace her views on social issues.

Donald Trump needs to get a handle of his words. But, even if he doesn't, I'm voting for him because the alternative is frightening. The desire to vote for a pure, moralistic person is a hope. And, in this cycle it is a misplaced hope.

So, settling into the idea that I will be voting for someone whose mouth is as foul as Churchill's, I will find myself hoping this flawed candidate that we have in Donald Trump can overcome the forces pushing back against his candidacy, including himself.

This reminds of one of the people on line who said that Trump.and Hillary are the only legitimate candidates therefore God has ordained that Christians must vote for one of these two.

I wont vote for Trump under any circumstances.

My choice will be the same as the last two elections. Libertarian.
Acts Enthusiast
8/5/16 6:03 pm

Post skinnybishop
[quote="Travis Johnson"]
Patrick Harris wrote:

So, settling into the idea that I will be voting for someone whose mouth is as foul as Churchill's, I will find myself hoping this flawed candidate that we have in Donald Trump can overcome the forces pushing back against his candidacy, including himself.[/qu

The reason you don't understand his line of thinking is because it exceeds the bounds of common sense and is needlessly dramatic.
8/5/16 6:04 pm

Post UncleJD
Travis Johnson wrote:
Patrick Harris wrote:

I do.
But that is not why I won't vote for him. Its because he is an idiot and I have a low threshold of tolerance for him. The things he says will get us all into trouble. And his policies are low-information low IQ populist policies that brought about the Great Depression. You guys enjoy your $4000 TVs and $500 blenders when we have a real trade war. Not to mention saying goodbye to your jobs. If what I've come to believe about Reagan style deregulation and freedom of business is true, and I believe it is, then Trump is going to be a disaster

As for the moral side of it, I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. He's a worse flip-flopper than Romney ever dreamed of being and look at what you all thought of that guy.

No, I won't contribute to the demise of the party of Reagan. I believe we can weather 4 years of whoever and rebuild. 4 years of Trump would be the end of conservatism as a viable national movement in my lifetime.
8/5/16 6:52 pm

Post DrDuck
UncleJD wrote:
Travis Johnson wrote:
Patrick Harris wrote:

I do.
But that is not why I won't vote for him. Its because he is an idiot and I have a low threshold of tolerance for him. The things he says will get us all into trouble. And his policies are low-information low IQ populist policies that brought about the Great Depression. You guys enjoy your $4000 TVs and $500 blenders when we have a real trade war. Not to mention saying
goodbye to your jobs. If what I've come to believe about Reagan style deregulation and freedom of business is true, and I believe it is, then Trump is going to be a disaster

As for the moral side of it, I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. He's a worse flip-flopper than Romney ever dreamed of being and look at what you all thought of that guy.

No, I won't contribute to the demise of the party of Reagan. I believe we can weather 4 years of whoever and rebuild. 4 years of Trump would be the end of conservatism as a viable national movement in my lifetime.

If only it could be just 4 years of impact from a(please God forbid it) Hillary presidency. Dare I say, Supreme Court nominations? This and nothing more is plenty enough to motivate ever move that can be made to see that Hillary is never elected. We are not, my friend, dealing here with only 4 years. Perhaps it is not even 40 years but even more of total disaster for the USA and Constitutional government in this great land. No, a thousand thousand thousand times no; we must at all cost rid this country of the Hillary threat!!!! If we will simply refuse to allow her the office in November, she will never be able to try again.
Acts-celerater
8/5/16 8:39 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Patrick Harris wrote:

Probably 80% of our Presidents have been adulterers. So your line of reasoning goes for almost all of them.
8/5/16 8:50 pm

Post UncleJD
DrDuck wrote:

If only it could be just 4 years of impact from a(please God forbid it) Hillary presidency. Dare I say, Supreme Court nominations? This and nothing more is plenty enough to motivate ever move that can be made to see that Hillary is never elected. We are not, my friend, dealing here with only 4 years. Perhaps it is not even 40 years but even more of total disaster for the USA and Constitutional government in this great land. No, a thousand thousand thousand times no; we must at all cost rid this country of the Hillary threat!!!! If we will simply refuse to allow her the office in November, she will never be able to try again.

People should have been smarter during the primary then. My confidence in the SCOTUS isn't that high anyways. The worst one of them was appointed by a Republican.
8/5/16 9:12 pm

Post c6thplayer1
DrDuck wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
Travis Johnson wrote:
Patrick Harris wrote:

I do.
But that is not why I won't vote for him. Its because he is an idiot and I have a low threshold of tolerance for him. The things he says will get us all into trouble. And his policies are low-information low IQ populist policies that brought about the Great Depression. You guys enjoy your $4000 TVs and $500 blenders when we have a real trade war. Not to mention saying
goodbye to your jobs. If what I've come to believe about Reagan style deregulation and freedom of business is true, and I believe it is, then Trump is going to be a disaster

Like another poster said , 5 of the 9 justices were appointed by republican presidents. Look where that got us .. Gay Marriage etc.
8/5/16 9:26 pm

Post Cojak
Since we are all repeating ourselves, Here goes, Yes, I agree with The OP because those are my feelings.

I am for the one person who has the best chance to beat Hillary, at present that is TRump.

For you guys/gals who think Hillary won't be so bad, I certainly hope you are right.

The majority in congress will most likely fade if Hillary is elected and it will most likely be lost in two years.

If she is elected this time, she will be re-elected as Obama was. IMO! Sad

Maybe national healthcare won't be so bad. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/5/16 10:11 pm

Post Re: I am voting for Donald Trump...gladly georgiapath
Travis Johnson wrote:
Donald Trump is right about unvetted immigration. It's ludicrous that we would invite the kind of nonsense Eurpoe is dealing with by accelerating this kind of immigration.

Further, a Hillary Clinton presidency is the end of a rational and Constitutional Supreme Court, period. Zero doubt about that. So, with a third party vote or a Hillary Clinton vote, get ready for more:

-IRS overreach into nonprofits
-even more permissive abortion policy, including your tax dollars funding it.
-restrictions on religious expression.

Donald Trump is crass. And, he is deeply flawed. So, we've got two candidates that are deeply flawed. That's the reality of our situation. With that said, I am voting for one of the two candidates that I think gives the best opportunity for freedom, security, and life. That's a no brainier in my mind.

Me too. Trump's worst couldn't be nearly as bad as Hillary's best.
Acts-dicted
8/6/16 4:11 pm

Post Re: I am voting for Donald Trump...gladly Old Time Country Preacher
georgiapath wrote:
Trump's worst couldn't be nearly as bad as Hillary's best.

I felt a streak a glory 3 feet deep an a mile wide when I read em words, GP.
Acts-pert Poster
8/6/16 4:59 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Resident Skeptic wrote:
80% of our Presidents have been adulterers.

Then 80% a the Presidents musta been democrat.
Acts-pert Poster
8/6/16 5:01 pm

Post Patrick Harris... Aaron Scott
My beloved brother, I am afraid that if Trump loses, it will be YOU who has lost all right to be a voice for moral good! You will have stopped the last, best chance we had to, despite all of Trump's many flaws, to install a Supreme Court that can be a voice for life and conservative values.

I don't want to hear a SINGLE WORD against abortion from someone who flittered away the opportunity to vote for the ONE candidate that actually has a chance to change the Supreme Court in the direction we would like.

Seriously.

There has NEVER been a candidate that met all our requirements! NEVER. If you look deep enough, you will find serious problems. Shoot, we can't even find a local pastor that gets it all right for everyone, let along a presidential candidate. Yes, we might want someone more palpable, but last time, Mitt Romney was the candidate...and some refused to vote for him because he was--GASP!--a...a...MORMON!!!!

And so, for whatever reason, despite a number of good potential Republican candidates, Trump came out on top. People are sick and tired of politician who can say all the right things, nothing too far this way or that, yet who then turn around and pretty much do nothing good for our country. We are tired of "maintainers" and want someone who seems to have at least some drive for a return (or perhaps a first arrival) to an America that we dream of and aspire to.

I don't think Trump is conservative at his core. But he is going to know who voted him in, and I believe he will honor that. If there is anything he is YUGE on, it is loyalty. And when someone shows loyalty to him, well, I think we can expect an effort to create a Supreme Court that will be somewhat in accord with our wishes.

But with Hillary, you can expect that opposite. I won't be voting for her, but she is good. She is a consummate politician. And if she wins, I think we likely have lost the America we dream of forever. It may not happen overnight, but I think that this may prove to be a final chance.

Besides, after Trump appoints who we want, if you don't want to vote for him next time, don't. But don't miss the opportunity we've always wanted to truly impact the Supreme Court.
8/6/16 5:20 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic