Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Ted Cruz breaks pledge
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Quiet Wyatt
UncleJD wrote:
He didn't say anything negative about Trump. After the things Trump said about Cruz's wife and father (and so many other reasons), you're silly if you think he should actually endorse the man. If he had endorsed him, I would have completely given up on politics as a total sham in which nobody means a word they say.

Amen!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/21/16 3:54 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Any promise made to support a candidate was implicitly predicated on the candidate actually being true to GOP values and a decent, respectable human being. There are virtually no absolutely unconditional promises in this world, not even from God himself.

I guess he should have let us know if there are conditions - like God does.

No spinning it.

Lyin Ted should have been a man and let us know he would not unconditionally support the nominee - like Trump did.

Trust me - Ted is finished in politics.
7/21/16 4:16 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
He would be finished in politics if he sucked up to Megalomaniacal Trump like Huckabee, Christie and Carson have. He'd be the biggest hypocrite in the bunch were he to violate his principles at this point. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/21/16 4:34 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I believe Cruz's political career would be over--with his home-state constituency in Texas if he were to compromise his principles. I have no idea why so many are saying Cruz's career is 'over'. Probably just wishful thinking on their part. A man of his principles will endure. A man of Trump's principle, supreme self-aggrandizement above all, can never be truly blessed by God.

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 7/21/16 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/21/16 4:39 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
I'm no fan of Trump.

He could win me over tonight if he would start by apologizing to all of us for his childishness at times.

An apology would go over well.

I hope he does.

And this Cruz thing - it sure stirred things up for tonight. I have been watching COG live streams up to now.

But I may tune in for Trump tonight - based on what is going on.

Could it be Trump has planned this whole thing so he will have the largest audience ever for a convention speech?
And if he apologized and laid out real conservative solutions for America - wouldn't that be a jump start to a win?

We'll see.
7/21/16 5:04 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
“Senator Cruz, the strict constitutionalist, chose not to accept the strict terms of the pledge that he signed"

I guess we can't trust him with the Constitution either.

Parts of it might offend him - and he might feel it gives him reason not to follow it.

Just like Mr Obama and Mrs Clinton.

Cruz is finished.
7/21/16 5:12 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Ted Clinton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf-IUQs3muQ
7/21/16 5:16 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ted-cruz-defends-endorsing-donald-trump-rnc-speech/story?id=40765519

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7665/exclusive-cruz-camp-trump-campaign-approved-speech-ben-shapiro#.V5FHe2bkYZI.facebook
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/21/16 5:23 pm

Post UncleJD
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

Trust me - Ted is finished in politics.

Far from it. You have no understanding of Texas politics. We like people who care more about their family than Donald Trump and aren't afraid to not bow and kiss the ring of the anointed one. Good luck in Florida.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/21/16 5:23 pm

Post diakoneo
Trump knew Ted was not going to endorse him. He told him that weeks ago.

The republican establishment knew he wasn't going to endorse him.

Why was he there?

The Trump ego!

He thinks he still overshadows Ted. Trump comes riding in on a white horse while Ted is being booed off the stage. It was all staged theatrics on Trump's part and poor ones at that.

Trump is wrong and I think he screwed up by letting him on the stage.

This has been Trump's convention. First Melania's speech stolen from Michelle and now this. Trump was on an uptick coming in, he will be lucky if he is not down 10% going out. That is no way to run a convention, but who can tell the great and powerful Oz what to do??? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
7/21/16 7:38 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
diakoneo wrote:

Why was he there?

The Trump ego!

He thinks he still overshadows Ted. Trump comes riding in on a white horse while Ted is being booed off the stage. It was all staged theatrics on Trump's part and poor ones at that.

This has been Trump's convention. First Melania's speech stolen from Michelle and now this. Trump was on an uptick coming in, he will be lucky if he is not down 10% going out. That is no way to run a convention, but who can tell the great and powerful Oz what to do??? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Wrong on all points.
7/21/16 8:11 pm

Post Patrick Harris
Resident Skeptic wrote:
diakoneo wrote:

Why was he there?

The Trump ego!

Wrong on all points.

Not on this point.
"Donald Trump Jr. says the Trump campaign was aware Ted Cruz wouldn't be endorsing Trump for president at the RNC. "
Acts Enthusiast
7/21/16 8:32 pm

Post diakoneo
Patrick Harris wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
diakoneo wrote:

Why was he there?

The Trump ego!

Wrong on all points.

Not on this point.
"Donald Trump Jr. says the Trump campaign was aware Ted Cruz wouldn't be endorsing Trump for president at the RNC. "

And that was my point entirely. You think Trump knew about it but the rest of the establishment did not?
7/22/16 4:50 pm

Post UncleJD
His daughter sounded like a democrat candidate, touting anti-business punitive laws to create yet another bureaucracy to over regulate them to force a so-called wage equality. He spoke right after and didn't rebuke it. Another Democrat from Paypal said basically to "butt out of the bathroom deal and let people go wherever they want", and again Trump said nothing against. All Trumpers heard was "Make America Great Again".

I will never vote for a Democrat, no matter what party it runs in.
7/22/16 5:57 pm

Post c6thplayer1
UncleJD wrote:
His daughter sounded like a democrat candidate, touting anti-business punitive laws to create yet another bureaucracy to over regulate them to force a so-called wage equality. He spoke right after and didn't rebuke it. Another Democrat from Paypal said basically to "butt out of the bathroom deal and let people go wherever they want", and again Trump said nothing against. All Trumpers heard was "Make America Great Again".

I guess that means you wont vote for Trump. Cool

Dont worry , if its broke Trump can fix it.

Quote:
‘I alone can fix it’: What Trump’s speech revealed about the future of the GOP
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/22/16 9:23 pm

Post UncleJD
c6thplayer1 wrote:

I guess that means you wont vote for Trump. Cool

Exactly
7/23/16 12:39 am

Post Resident Skeptic
UncleJD wrote:

Trump already dealt with that. He said the States should decide. What more can he do or say?
7/23/16 11:16 am

Post UncleJD
Resident Skeptic wrote:
UncleJD wrote:

Trump already dealt with that. He said the States should decide. What more can he do or say?

I'm much more concerned about the Democratic speech from his daughter telling us what kind of laws he really wants.
7/23/16 12:01 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic