Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Carl Hart and Panasofkee

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Carl Hart and Panasofkee Cojak
Today visiting the COG at Panasofkee, Florida brought back memories. The pastor, Carl Hart was off to the General Assembly.

I was in the USAF stationed in Kirksville, MO. The closest COG was Moberly, 63 miles south. As COG members back in the late 50s we were supposed to attend the COG. Smile A young evangelist, just discharged from the Army came out to hold a revival. He hailed from Wildwood Florida. Did a great job and his wife sang and played the accordion.
Since that time Carl has pastored and spent hitches in administration. I heard he pastored the Wildwood church for a long time with no salary to help them recover from a ‘Mega Church’ adventure.

Carl and I have never been ‘close friends’ just speak in passing. He would not know me. I have probably seen Carl and his lovely wife 8-10 times in my life.

Once my Pastor, Wayne Carter, volunteered us to travel to Panasofkee to repair and roof the parsonage for a young pastor there. We had a good time. Panasofkee had become the first rung on a ladder for young pastors. All of us know of the short stays of 3-6-12 months before heading out. Of course at one time that was the normal progress for a young pastor, I never thought too much of the ‘hurt’ to the local church. I even did it once myself.

But the reason for this entry is to say ‘Thanks’ to Carl Hart and folks like him. Men who may appear to be ‘caretakers’ in their senior years, but are much. Much more than that, they are shepherds. The flock appears to dwindle as the young sheep head to jobs and greener pastures, but they still need and deserve a GOOD Shepherd. I think Carl has been there at least 2 years. Those folk are very happy. They love their pastor. He is giving some stability to the church. Yes, it is still the home of several OLD FOLK, but I did see some young folk there this morning. As I stated, they love their pastor.
Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/17/16 2:33 pm

Post JLarry
Bishop Hart is my former AB and friend. Yes he has helped a few churches since retiring a few years ago.

He, in my O is one of the best.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
7/19/16 10:18 am

Post Cojak
Funny thing we stopped by a church in Melbourne, Florida for a Sunday morning worship a few years ago and there he was filling in until a pastor was assigned. Wink
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/19/16 8:11 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic