Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Excellent Example of Politics (www.thinkyounger.org)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Excellent Example of Politics (www.thinkyounger.org) Old Time Country Preacher
They aint nothin wrong with "thinkin younger," but they aint nothin wrong with "thinkin older" either.

Fellers, pray bout who ya gonna vote for.

Remember Rehoboam!

Don't be influenced by internal politics.

Use at noggin the good Lord gave ya.

Think!

Make up ya own mind.

Then Vote...............

Last edited by Old Time Country Preacher on 7/19/16 9:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Acts-pert Poster
7/17/16 1:39 pm

Post JimmieDavis
Remember Rehaboam? How pathetic.
Remember Eli?

How about we think obey The Lord. We should not promote or penalize someone because of their age. Young or old
Friendly Face
7/17/16 2:03 pm

Post Judah4Him
I think I may agree with the Old Timer for the first time. This website disgusts me. Friendly Face
7/17/16 2:15 pm

Post i object aprilmay2.0
How is it different than the website we are on right now?

I don't think younger when it comes to my voting. But, I read the website and of the few guys I know, i don't see any bad apples.

A guy shouldn't be voted in just because he's young, but a guy also shouldn't be re-voted in just because he's old and if the truth be known, we've got a lot more old guys getting voted in because of the campaigning on this website than those kids on Marty Baker's website.
Friendly Face
7/17/16 2:35 pm

Post Cojak
Funny thing I just posted how much I appreciate 'senior pastors' who dedicate their time to shepherding the older, dwindling churches.

Of course any thinking person knows you need the wide range of ages to make any social effort, such as a church successful. WE need to get the youth in and protect the elders.

I get excited when I see a church that has an average age of 30-38. Allowing for more youth and older in the mix. YOUTH is REQUIRED for a church to survive and thrive.

REality is for the last 30 years many of our churches have dwindled, not because of care and effort by loving pastors, but because the 'demographics (?)' have changed. Jobs have gone to the cities and over seas. Cotton Mills, Coal Mines, Orange groves where many COG folk lived and worked do not exist at a level to sustain growth. Some are fortunate, but most will never be what they were. Sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/17/16 2:43 pm

Post c6thplayer1
My take

GOP;

Parents will effect their children's futures, sometimes in ways completely unforeseen. Rehoboam, though responsible for his own errors, needed faithful parents to look up to. Rehoboam did not get that from his father Solomon.

The GOP , being the parent of the this party has either forgotten or ignored the moral and spiritual structure that the party is based on. As a result they have allowed unscrupulous people to reside within. Even though those people are responsible for their own actions, they need a faithful party as guidance.

I doubt that Solomon planned on having such an adverse effect on his son. His moral and spiritual failures slipped up on him. That happens when proper attention is not given to the Lord and his will in our lives. Solomon had given such matters their proper place at one time, but somewhere along the he had lost his way (1 Kings 11:9-13).

It is true that the GOP didn't plan the adverse effect on party members or elected individuals. The GOP atmosphere allowed moral and spiritual failures to infiltrated and grow. That happens when proper attention is not given to the Lord and his will in our lives.

DNC;

The DNC , being the parent of the this party does not have the spiritual structure that America is based on. As a result they have allowed unscrupulous people to reside within. Even though those people are responsible for their own actions, they need a faithful party as guidance.

I'm not sure that the fathers of the DNC party planned where the future of their party lies. The liberal atmosphere allowed moral and spiritual failures to infiltrated and grow. That happens when proper attention is not given to the Lord and his will in our lives.

The example of Rehoboam is why it is important to elect individuals with high moral standards. Unfortunately we do not have this on either ticket.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/17/16 2:58 pm

Post that was a nice post c6 aprilmay2.0
it was well worded and articulate and needed to be said...

Im not sure what it has to do with this thread. I think you didn't read that this was about the COG not the GOP or the DNC.

Do you have insight on the COG voting of young people?
Friendly Face
7/17/16 3:02 pm

Post Re: that was a nice post c6 c6thplayer1
aprilmay2.0 wrote:
it was well worded and articulate and needed to be said...

Im not sure what it has to do with this thread. I think you didn't read that this was about the COG not the GOP or the DNC.

Do you have insight on the COG voting of young people?

It was in reference to the "Remember Rehoboam!" and politics in general. Since Im rather disgusted with our national parties I just threw that in. Im sure that could be applied to the GA voting also.
7/17/16 4:26 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
JimmieDavis wrote:
Remember Eli?

How about we think obey The Lord. We should not promote or penalize someone because of their age. Young or old

Nothing pathetic about it, Jimmie. The reference to "Remember Rehoboam" is in regard to the fact that youth--in and of itself--or "Think Younger--in and of itself--is no guarantee of anything.

My comments in the OP are basically what you have written above. Let the Lord direct ya vote.

PS, I do remember Eli. He refused to discipline the "younger men" who were his own sons.
Acts-pert Poster
7/17/16 9:44 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
JimmieDavis wrote:
Remember Eli?

Nothing pathetic about it, Let the Lord direct ya vote.

PS, I do remember Eli. He refused to discipline the "younger men" who were his own sons.

This is the key to success. Nothing else will substitute.
7/18/16 9:55 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic