Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Shoot or don't shoot? (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Shoot or don't shoot? (L) Eddie Robbins
https://www.facebook.com/DailyPolicePhoto/videos/454037404743508/ Acts-pert Poster
7/10/16 9:02 am

Post UncleJD
this is good, hopefully people will watch this with an open mind and put their own family in the position of the police officer in their minds.

Cops don't have the luxury of watching video over and over from only one angle before they make the decision to save their life or not.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/10/16 9:05 am

Post Eddie Robbins
The key to this is communication. The police invited the activist to learn about what they go through. We need more communication. We are too separated. Acts-pert Poster
7/10/16 11:13 am

Post georgiapath
People need to obey the law, it's lthat simple. Acts-dicted
7/10/16 12:01 pm

Post c6thplayer1
There will always be a few bad apples or someone in a police position that shouldnt be there. Unfortunately some are not weeded out before a tragedy happens. Some tend to believe that the police needs to be perfect in every decision and action. This will never happen , they are human like us.

In my opinion the problem lies with the black mob demonstrators and their hate for the white man and that they have gotten away with a little more each time an event happens. As I said in a previous post , These situations will continue to get worse until someone takes charge , calls it what it is , and provides positive action to stop it. Pandering is not the answer. Force is.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/10/16 12:10 pm

Post Cojak
georgiapath wrote:
People need to obey the law, it's lthat simple.

That certainly helps! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/10/16 12:13 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
georgiapath wrote:

When a guy is obeying the law, reaching into his pocket to get his wallet for his ID and gets killed, there is a problem. It is a procedural problem that needs to be addressed.
Acts-pert Poster
7/10/16 3:05 pm

Post Cojak
My son and his son were out FAther's day driving around Palm BEach. He was stopped by a young cop. This is the son who has NO respect for most police, but always acts respectfully.

He said the young cop said ,"I stopped you because you just 'about' ran a stop sign." Son has a fancy Hummer, he says cops like to stop it.
He said the policeman kept his hand on his weapon, and yelled loudly, "don't move your hands off the steering wheel, slowly show me your license."

He said instead of smarting off about how am I going to do that he said, "can I use my hand to reach for my wallet?"

I do get upset when, with all the needs for police presence one will stop a vehicle because he 'About ran a stop sign'. Cop and my son are white.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/10/16 6:00 pm

Post bonnie knox
moved to correct thread (I can just hear Barney Fife citing the statute number I violated by posting on the wrong thread)

Last edited by bonnie knox on 7/10/16 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/10/16 7:01 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
I do get upset when, with all the needs for police presence one will stop a vehicle because he 'About ran a stop sign'.

That reminds me of what my high school ag teacher said a friend of his would say about "oozing" through a stop sign. He said the old guy would say he had broken the law but not the intent of the law.
It also reminds me of the joke that I first heard not long after the Rodney King beating:
I had just come through a stop sign. I had not come to a complete stop, just kind of slowed down, glanced both ways, and continued on. A cop pulled me over and said I had not stopped at the stop sign. I shrugged, "Slowed down--stopped, not much difference." He commenced to beating me rapidly with his night stick, and I yelled, "What are you doing??!!"
"Now do you want me to stop or just slow down?"

In all seriousness, I know what you mean about stopping certain cars. Good for your son for not smarting off when the guy said, "about run a stop sign." I might not have been able to refrain.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/10/16 7:13 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Eddie Robbins wrote:
georgiapath wrote:

When a guy is obeying the law, reaching into his pocket to get his wallet for his ID and gets killed, there is a problem. It is a procedural problem that needs to be addressed.

those are the cops i'm talking about that should not be cops.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/10/16 7:15 pm

Post bonnie knox
Oh, good grief, I've posted on the wrong thread.

To the OP, Eddie, that was a great video, and a good example of LEO's and an activist trying to bridge the gap.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/10/16 7:17 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
bonnie knox wrote:
Oh, good grief, I've posted on the wrong thread.

To the OP, Eddie, that was a great video, and a good example of LEO's and an activist trying to bridge the gap.

Yes!! We need more of that type of interaction. I hope that you get to see the service from North Point today. That is what was going on there and it was great!
Acts-pert Poster
7/10/16 8:04 pm

Post klane60
I work with the police on a daily basis and I observe their restraint when interacting with the public. I am a CPS investigator and people are not happy when I show up to their home. The officers that are with me are good people who only to do their job and go home to their families at the end of their shift. Should some officers not be police? for sure. Does working with dirt bags everyday affect one? for sure More whites are killed by police than blacks are each year in America. What kind of society would we have without law enforcement? By the way I am black man who conceals carry and owns a AR-15 and I have never gunned down anyone.
7/12/16 9:39 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic