Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

How Jesus said to read your Bible...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post How Jesus said to read your Bible... bradfreeman
HOW TO READ THE BIBLE

You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;Jn 5:39

Remember, when you're reading the Old Testament, to look for shadowy pictures and prophecies of Jesus.

Jesus said it's written about Him, not you.

Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come— In the volume of the book it is written of Me— To do Your will, O God.’ ”” Heb 10:7

The Law only had a shadow, a veiled image of what was to come.

For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect.Heb 10:1

No one could really see God or what was to come because it didn't have "the very image".

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.” Col 2:16-17

The word "shadow" in Heb. 10:1 and Col. 2:17 is the Greek "skia" which means "thick darkness". It's the same thick darkness that hid the very image of God when the Law was given (Deut. 4:11,12).

"You came near and stood at the foot of the mountain, and the mountain burned with fire to the very heart of the heavens: darkness, cloud and thick gloom. 12 Then the Lord spoke to you from the midst of the fire; you heard the sound of words, but you saw no form—only a voice." Deut 4:11,12

It's the same darkness that Satan uses to blind the minds of those who choose to put their faith in themselves and try to work their way into Heaven rather than turn to Christ.

But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.”
II Cor 4:3-4

Paul explained this veil a few verses earlier:

But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
II Cor 3:15-16

Let them alone; they are blind guides of the blind. And if a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit.” Mat 15:14

So when you're reading the Old Testament, look for Jesus, not you. Look for shadowy pictures and prophecies He fulfilled, He realized.

Turn to Christ, fix your eyes on Him and let Him unveil your mind, open your mind to comprehend the scriptures. He will bring light.

Then He said to them, “These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.” And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.Luke 24:44-45

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
7/3/16 8:59 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic