Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Have I outlived my usefulness?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Eddie Robbins
You cannot let others define you. You are not called by man. You are called by God and until he un-calls you, you are useful to Him. Acts-pert Poster
6/28/16 9:14 pm

Post Re: Old and useless bishop1
I think there are 100's and 100's of people in the church who are still hungry for a move of God. All of the new Technology Is great and has its place in our services if we can still have a move of God. Lots of pastors, not all but lots of them feel they must change there approach to preaching or style of preaching to be accepted by the present Society. You can still be an exciting preacher with information and inspiration along with the new an be effective...Out of a good treasure comes the old and the new! Just an opinion! Hey, DOC
6/29/16 1:29 pm

Post Re: I am 44.. Methocostal
Well, you said you are 44, I wish I were 44 again Smile

wayne wrote:
Methocostal wrote:
I'm encouraged to see a young person who sees the light that big churches isn't meant for everyone.

There seems to be a sense that everyone must have a lightshow, impressive multi media displays, the best rock band, etc.

We are not all the same. Bigger churches should not be the goal. Worshipping Jesus, leading others to Him, and being there for the people that need you should be the goal.

wayne wrote:
..and personally, I think most of these ideas for growing churches is a bunch of hoooey. Shocked I think half of the people writing them think because it worked for them it should work for everyone else and that's simply not the case. Too many variables in pastoring churches.

There is a place for the larger churches but I have to say, I believe there is more of a place for the small town community church. The larger churches are pulling people away from their communities leaving a void that lead people to find something else(drugs, alcohol, etc). Several communities in my area don't have strong churches because everyone is driving 15 to 20 miles to the big church.

It's funny how people miss these "small" churches. They take comfort in the old hymns and the prayers of Sis/bro old saint who know how to reach heaven. These are the churches and pastors that neighborhood people can get to in a hurry. These are the churches and pastors who lend a helping hand, perform the wedding for free, show up at the ER at 3am, bring food to the family in need...... I could go on. Not saying the bigger churches don't do that but more needs are met when these churches are in neighborhoods.

The Northern Kentucky area could use pastors/ministers like you and so does your area. Follow your heart, do what Christ tells you to do and skip what the "experts" are saying.

Laughing Laughing Methocostal said I was young Laughing Laughing
Friendly Face
6/30/16 9:46 am

Post Da Sheik
You are absolutely useful! One of the most difficult things is to find contentment apart from comparison. I pastor more people now than I ever have in my ministry but I don't consider myself any more useful or successful than when I took my first fledgling congregation. If you're faithful to what God calls you to do then you are not only useful but successful.

From what you have shared here, you impact many lives outside of the four walls of the church. The scope of your ministry is much larger than the confines of your Sunday congregation. You know this already so I'm not preaching to you. Just wanted to take a minute to encourage you. Keep on working for the Master my friend!
Acts Enthusiast
7/1/16 6:45 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic